Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Size Comparison animals of the sea. Gian Octopus too big ?

  1. #1

    Size Comparison animals of the sea. Gian Octopus too big ?

    Yeah i am not an expert like a "biologist" etc infact i am to ask TO EXPERTS: okayy????

    www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/here-are-true-sizes-large-marine-species/


    libguides.cng.edu/c.php?g=40921&p=4101814

    phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/01/13/how-big-are-the-biggest-squid-whales-sharks-jellyfish/

    Why not proof with video ? They are science or fakes ? But... they are national geographic,cnn mexico, and not fakes sites.
    This Giant Octopus can kill a Lowest Megalodon and 'to think' againist Maximum size Megalodon. Why ? See here a Giant Octopus vs Shark:
    The Shark is disturbed highly for 1 tentacle of G.Octopus. But the Shark is proportionally a Lowest Megalodon. 1 tentacle destroy a shark...

    And here minor shark BUT... the great white proportiannly has not CHANCES.... or not ?




    Here there are experts of the Biology ? Or gay

    Name:  YJbdtm.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  102.0 KB
    I combined Giant Octopus and sharks: this is probably the REALTY. So Giant Octopus can win with the Megalodon Max or fight hard.....
    Graphic: From Above sharks: Great White Shark real photo, Megalodon Max, MEgalodon min, Great White largest recorded.
    From Above G.Octopus: Giant Octopus.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Oceankoln7; 04-07-2017 at 03:40 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harper's Ferry, WV
    Posts
    1,337
    Are you trying to ask

    1. Are there experts on Mernetwork that can answer questions about the scale of marine life

    2. Could a giant octopus win(?) in a fight against a shark/great white/megalodon or something

    3. Some combination of the first two?


    I had to read your post several times to make any sense of what you said, and I'm still wondering if I'm replying to a bot post or something.

    That said, I didn't know about giant octopus before, so at least I got to start learning about something new, I guess.

  3. #3
    Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    Mermaid Lanier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.
    Posts
    94

    Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    Hold up, ShyMer! We have to communicate with it in its own language. I'll give it a go. *clears throat*

    Yeah i am nof sure wat ur sayin but I think it could be 2 things...

    One you want a "biologist" to tell u wat the size of G.octopus is... But not if theyre gay...

    But shark! can Shark defeat G octopus?? But G.octopus has one bad tentacle that scarw shark disporprtionately

    Who is lyin?? Wo would win...? is that what u r asking?


    There, I think I communicated successfully. Though I do rule in favor of OP being a bot. If not, please clarify.

    Also, octopus always wins.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    1,497
    Can't we all just get along?
    (Formerly known as ∆olius)

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    2,345
    You ran right into this one.

    Look at that shark, that giant squid

    Look at the lab that they work in
    Look at that fish with all those fins
    Oh please they're gay, totally gay

    Now are they gay...
    Or biology experts?

    Are they gay or biologist experts? It's hard to guarantee...
    Are they gay or biology experts? Well they study anemones!

    So if I may, I'm proud to say that on MerNetwork...
    They're gay!

    And biology experts!

    And gay!

    And biology experts!

    And gay!

    Last edited by Ashe; 04-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    she believed she could so she did
    formerly known as Kalani
    FaeNetwork.com


  6. #6
    I'm going troll or bot because this was their intro post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceankoln7 View Post
    I am Felix from Le Mans. I am a an engineer in Bombay. And i fuck you every day.
    either that or english isn't their first language and they're throwing everything into google translate



  7. #7
    In any case.... Where are experts of a little question ? Proof for everyone below: it'sa secret of Area 51 ??? I am sory where are experts IN THE WEB ??? It's ridicolous, in general.
    They say in the graphics " Can destroy a top white shark, this giant octopus.. ". National Geographic affirms: "600 pounds, 9,8arms span"...proof ? photos of 1950, poor quality ? But they show THE photo ???? None... only ONE photo naturally... i believe fake or similar.... not professional i appreciate.... but people want know if exists King Kong in this planet, because a giant octopus in two graphics i posted is a "Monster"... but.....
    www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/here-are-true-sizes-large-marine-species/


    libguides.cng.edu/c.php?g=40921&p=4101814

    phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/01/13/how-big-are-the-biggest-squid-whales-sharks-jellyfish/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lanier View Post
    Hold up, ShyMer! We have to communicate with it in its own language. I'll give it a go. *clears throat*

    Yeah i am nof sure wat ur sayin but I think it could be 2 things...

    One you want a "biologist" to tell u wat the size of G.octopus is... But not if theyre gay...

    But shark! can Shark defeat G octopus?? But G.octopus has one bad tentacle that scarw shark disporprtionately

    Who is lyin?? Wo would win...? is that what u r asking?


    There, I think I communicated successfully. Though I do rule in favor of OP being a bot. If not, please clarify.

    Also, octopus always wins.
    "shark....." Great White... not "shark".... hahahahahhahahah

  9. #9
    i wrote "gay" yeah but guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    You ran right into this one.

    Look at that shark, that giant squid

    Look at the lab that they work in
    Look at that fish with all those fins
    Oh please they're gay, totally gay

    Now are they gay...
    Or biology experts?

    Are they gay or biologist experts? It's hard to guarantee...
    Are they gay or biology experts? Well they study anemones!

    So if I may, I'm proud to say that on MerNetwork...
    They're gay!

    And biology experts!

    And gay!

    And biology experts!

    And gay!


  10. #10
    Just so you know, no one can understand any of your posts.



  11. #11
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceankoln7 View Post
    i wrote "gay" yeah but guys...
    Haha, I wasn't meaning to bastardize your post. I saw an opportunity to make a fantastic pop culture reference and I took it

    she believed she could so she did
    formerly known as Kalani
    FaeNetwork.com


  12. #12
    Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    507
    Add Slim on Facebook
    This is great I'm starting to think you remember everything you come across.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    Haha, I wasn't meaning to bastardize your post. I saw an opportunity to make a fantastic pop culture reference and I took it

    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!
    ~Slim the Florida Merman~

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Just so you know, no one can understand any of your posts.
    Justblabayouknow,noonecanunderstandgiantoctopi...t hissiteisafakenationalgeographicincluded...wewantt alkaboutshemale???????Obvious....butbyeboyz....

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    507
    Add Slim on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceankoln7 View Post
    Justblabayouknow,noonecanunderstandgiantoctopi...t hissiteisafakenationalgeographicincluded...wewantt alkaboutshemale???????Obvious....butbyeboyz....
    I'm sure not even a TARDIS couldn't translate this. Sorry


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!
    ~Slim the Florida Merman~

  15. #15
    Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    Mermaid Lanier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.
    Posts
    94

    Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    Givin' translation another go. Literal translation:

    Just blab a you know, no one can understand giant octopi. his it is a fake national geographic included we want to tlak about she-male? Obvious but bye boys!


    A more understandable version:

    I'm either a troll or someone who thinks they're starting a wacky conversation about sea creature conspiracies, because national geographic is lying to us, but no one understands me so I'm out.


    Something could've gotten lost in the translation, but I think I have the gist of it there.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceankoln7 View Post
    Justblabayouknow,noonecanunderstandgiantoctopi...t hissiteisafakenationalgeographicincluded...wewantt alkaboutshemale???????Obvious....butbyeboyz....
    Also, the proper plural of octopus is octopuses or octopodes.
    (Formerly known as ∆olius)

  17. #17
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harper's Ferry, WV
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceankoln7 View Post
    In any case.... Where are experts of a little question ? Proof for everyone below: it'sa secret of Area 51 ??? I am sory where are experts IN THE WEB ??? It's ridicolous, in general.
    They say in the graphics " Can destroy a top white shark, this giant octopus.. ". National Geographic affirms: "600 pounds, 9,8arms span"...proof ? photos of 1950, poor quality ? But they show THE photo ???? None... only ONE photo naturally... i believe fake or similar.... not professional i appreciate.... but people want know if exists King Kong in this planet, because a giant octopus in two graphics i posted is a "Monster"... but.....
    www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/here-are-true-sizes-large-marine-species/


    libguides.cng.edu/c.php?g=40921&p=4101814

    phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/01/13/how-big-are-the-biggest-squid-whales-sharks-jellyfish/

    Okay.

    Is there a scene in the new King Kong movie where he fights a giant octopus? I haven't seen it, but I found some pictures that looked like they were from the movie.
    If that's what you're talking about, the movie is fiction, not a documentary.
    ...I don't know how Area 51 is relevant.



    The websites that you posted are referencing someone else's research. I think it's this one.

    There are several points that the websites are trying to make.

    First, it's not as important to know how big an octopus could possibly be. It's more important to learn from the information you have than to try to collect impressive sounding facts.
    People like to know the biggest things can be because it sounds exciting, but that doesn't tell you much about the average octopus.
    There is probably some octopus out there that nobody has found that is larger than the average, but you can't know for sure unless you're lucky enough to catch it.


    Another point that they are trying to tell you is that it is actually hard to find the information you are asking for.
    A lot of the research was done by calling other people to ask what measurements they could provide. It doesn't sound like they went out to the ocean to find the animals themselves. Instead, they used information that was already available.
    In the past people could have lied or have been wrong about the sizes of the animals they found. It is also possible that some animals just don't grow as big as they used to.
    The researchers tried to collect information that they could make sure was accurate.



    So oddly enough, the websites you posted already tell you what I think you're looking for.
    The researchers found real information about how big marine animals are on average instead of making exaggerated claims with no proof.

    If you want to know specific sizes, try looking in the original source which I will link again here.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    Another point that they are trying to tell you is that it is actually hard to find the information you are asking for.
    Hundreds of years ago, before the age of photography, it was difficult to get the octopus to sit still for his painting...
    (Formerly known as ∆olius)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •