Thread: HELP-Silicone tail completely ripped above the foot pocket

HELP-Silicone tail completely ripped above the foot pocket

Name:  17757241_762897227206853_4651543436596744284_n.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  73.2 KBName:  17862788_762897230540186_594021943131115731_n.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  84.1 KB

I'm really hoping to find some good news or referrals-any of you might have on how to fix this. This is my baby. I received it used late last summer and after only 15 minutes of swimming in it, this happened. It completely ripped in the front right above the foot pocket and almost all the way around to the middle of the back side. I brought it home, washed it up, and it has since been laying on my guest bed hoping it would magically heal itself. But sadly, it hasn't.

So now I'm reaching out to all of you, hoping someone might be able to help!

Well I don't know what a silicone tail usually looks like inside, but this one has some mold it looks like. I don't know if that could have compromised the silicone in that area or not.

Before you get it fixed, you might want to take this opportunity to eradicate that mold because that can't be good for you or the tail.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    is that a mike van daal tail? there's really not much you can do to fix that but replace the body of the tail but in this case I might consider retiring that tail. Mold will 100% cause this, it happened to my first merbella tail in the same area. I had one of the first silicone tails in the community, and it was a real learning curb to figure out mold. once it's in there like that it does eat away, and it can cause health issues too. I've tried EVERYTHING to get mold out of my first tail, nothing worked.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't find anything about how to repair it especially since it has been compromised by the mold. The best I can do is refer you to a preventative maintenance thread for future use if you decide to get another silicone tail. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...reventing+mold
    I wish you well and hope you find a way to fix it.

This is what I was trying to message you for Raina! I thought you might have some experience with the mold and how to fix it best. Sooooo sad to retire it, especially not getting to wear it but the one time! But yes--it's a MVD. and the mold is all sealed with a layer of silicone, (done before I bought it) so I figured it'd be good to go.

Is there a good way of displaying it? I wanted to get those hooks and hang it fluke side up, but I'm afraid the weight of it will tear the rest of it. Maybe a stand?

For future reference, I know you've posted how to stop mold from growing, but can you link me to it? Thanks girls. Sad, sad day for this mermaid!!!

And Raina what did you end up doing with the tail? Did Raven spread her magic on it? Or did you end up retiring it too??

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTailsArt View Post
    For future reference, I know you've posted how to stop mold from growing, but can you link me to it? Thanks girls. Sad, sad day for this mermaid!!!
    I posted the link to the thread you were talking about already but if it didn't work here it is again.
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...reventing+mold

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I cut the body off and send the fluke back to Raven haha