Thread: Quick tips to put a tail on? (By this evening)

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar

Question Quick tips to put a tail on? (By this evening)

I received my tail today and tried to put it on two times

the first time I could only get one strap of the mono fin on and I didn't use lube

the second time I could get my feet in both straps but it took forever and eventually my tail wouldn't come up all the way in the back ( I used lube, but literally so much that when you walked by you would trip over the lube)

Any good advise/tips? I am going to try the tail this evening... so handy tips will be welcome... (I know it will take getting used too but tips won't hurt )

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

That depends on what your tail is made of.

For your heel strap issue, tie a shoestring or ribbon to the back of your heel straps to make them easier to find.

For silicone tails, you should at least use a little lubricant to get yourself into the tail.

I spray a solution of conditioner and water on the inside of my tail and wet legs before sliding it on. Other mers use water based lubricant or coconut oil.

Depending on how sturdy your tail is, I might also suggest turning the tail inside out up to the thigh area before putting it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    That depends on what your tail is made of.

For your heel strap issue, tie a shoestring or ribbon to the back of your heel straps to make them easier to find.

For silicone tails, you should at least use a little lubricant to get yourself into the tail.

I spray a solution of conditioner and water on the inside of my tail and wet legs before sliding it on. Other mers use water based lubricant or coconut oil.

Depending on how sturdy your tail is, I might also suggest turning the tail inside out up to the thigh area before putting it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I went swimming and only used a bit of lube on my feet and got my tail into the water and put it on in the water! That worked super easy for me! Thanks for the tips anyways!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium