Thread: Indie Mermaid Roleplaying?

Indie Mermaid Roleplaying?

I have roleplayed as an independent roleplayer on tumblr in the past, not as part of a group or game, but just roleplaying stories with other roleplayers in the same fandom or other fandoms that I'm interested in.

So, I was trying to search for any roleplayers in the Mako Mermaids fandom, but there doesn't seem to be any people actively roleplaying in that fandom anymore. Perhaps because the series ended? Or maybe because it's sort of a niche fandom, being about mermaids, or since it's an Australian show? Who knows, I always have to be different from everyone else.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone who might be interested in roleplaying as characters from Mako Mermaids? I mean roleplaying as the series' characters, like Zac, Evie, Mimmi, Sirena, Erik, Cam, etc; although original characters would be welcome too as long as there are some canon characters to roleplay with. Would anyone at all be interested? I ask this hesitantly because I'm highly doubtful anyone would actually want to do it, but I've been thinking about it lately and how much fun it could be, probably because I'm re-watching the entire series at the moment.

So I just thought I would mention it and ask and that's all.
    These shallow waters never met what I needed. I'm letting go, a deeper dive.
    Eternal silence of the sea, I'm breathing, alive. Faded - Alan Walker

Well.... I don't know about H20/Mako Mermaids, exactly, but lately I have really liked the idea of a little fishing town/beach town full of odd locals set in modern times. It doesn't get many visitors, and it kind of empties in the summer and other warm-water months, but is full of occupants in the fall and winter. The reason being, the town is secretly full of mermaids and selkies and other mer-creatures. Some humans live there too, but unaware of why so many people leave in the summer (they assume they are on vacation and such) The mers follow this schedule in order to avoid migrating to warmer waters. In the water there is a sort of kingdom that acts as a "summer home".

But that's just me. If this idea, or one somewhere between ours, interests you, that could be great.

If not thats okay I just thought I would offer

Not really what I was looking for, but I really appreciate you replying! You have an interesting idea, for sure.
    These shallow waters never met what I needed. I'm letting go, a deeper dive.
    Eternal silence of the sea, I'm breathing, alive. Faded - Alan Walker