Thread: After a Year I put my fin in the water...

After a Year I put my fin in the water...

Hello everyone!
    My name is Tabetha but my mersona is Lynne.
    I have been a member of this community for a year and I have found it to be so welcoming and helpful! I have never once felt that even though I am a bigger woman that I can not and will not be accepted!

I'm 31 years old am married to a wonderful man who supports me- even in my dream to transform into this mermaid (even if he finds it a little silly he knows it's my dream). We have a 6 year old little boy who loves the idea that his momma is a mermaid! He tells everyone! Lol
    I made my fabric tail within months of joining and still have yet to try it out- I will!
    But today I swam with my monofin for the first time ever! (I have the Finis Rapid Monofin.)
    Ever since I could swim my Mom would call my a dolphin because I would move my body in the wave just like a mermaid. And it seems I haven't lost it! And even though there were many people there at the pool who tried to look down at me and make fun of me I tried to hold my head high and tried to not listen!
    It was a blast! And I got more comfortable swimming with it on with each lap I did.
    Oh and I also had on those sinus savers! Those are amazing and I will recommend those to everyone!!
    Anyway I just wanted to finally introduce myself and say thank you to everyone for being so accepting and welcoming! ❤️
    Mermaid Lynne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the community Lynne! I'm glad to hear you are following your dream Have fun going swimming in your tail, it's such a great experience!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Welcome Lynne! My husband is the same way. hehe good men sticking by us even when they think we are a bit silly. have fun swimming with that tail!! Let us know how it goes and never listen to the nay sayers and haters.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Hey welcome! I'm glad you're getting your fins wet!