Thread: Searching for solution on big gap & tail too short at back

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar

Unhappy Searching for solution on big gap & tail too short at back

Hi!

As much as I love my tail I hate the facts that it is too short at the back showing off my swim short. It has also a big gap.
    A belt won't do because I tried different ones...

Any other solution? I heard of the gap wrap but don't know where to buy + I need it as fast as possible. Note that I live in Europe...

Thanks!!!

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Oh! If you're thinking about the silicone gap wraps- Mernation is the company that sells them. I don't own one but so far I've seen most mers who own one say they're really nice?
    I also read they're offering blended gap wraps to match skin tones. Maybe ask them about it if you think you're interested?

Other solutions can be like using a bellydance hip scarf or regular wide scarf that doesn't have coins to prevent any rusting or debris in pools/natural water areas. If you wear it like a belt then you might be able to help reduce the view of your shorts! They could also be decorated with an extra layer of fishnet or shell details to really make it look nice. No doubt there may be some you can find that will match the icy tones of your tail beautifully <3
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Saoirse View Post
    Oh! If you're thinking about the silicone gap wraps- Mernation is the company that sells them. I don't own one but so far I've seen most mers who own one say they're really nice?
    I also read they're offering blended gap wraps to match skin tones. Maybe ask them about it if you think you're interested?

Other solutions can be like using a bellydance hip scarf or regular wide scarf that doesn't have coins to prevent any rusting or debris in pools/natural water areas. If you wear it like a belt then you might be able to help reduce the view of your shorts! They could also be decorated with an extra layer of fishnet or shell details to really make it look nice. No doubt there may be some you can find that will match the icy tones of your tail beautifully <3
    I already use a bellydance scarf but the tail just goes down under the scarf haha when I try to move. I messaged mernation and also seethroughsea itself I got the first message from seethroughsea I just explained what happend and they offered me a free gap wrap I just had to pay for shipping and maybe taxes but that's it and it wouldn't be that much I was so surprised, Mernation also messaged me and apolizied, that I will not buy the wrap from them (I just asked how much it would cost so yeah)

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilija View Post
    I already use a bellydance scarf but the tail just goes down under the scarf haha when I try to move. I messaged mernation and also seethroughsea itself I got the first message from seethroughsea I just explained what happend and they offered me a free gap wrap I just had to pay for shipping and maybe taxes but that's it and it wouldn't be that much I was so surprised, Mernation also messaged me and apolizied, that I will not buy the wrap from them (I just asked how much it would cost so yeah)
    I'm so glad you were able to get a solution to this! My neoprene tail used to gap and show my shorts because of how low it was, so I completely understand how uncomfortable it can be.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod