Thread: Boring tails?

Boring tails?

I have completely fallen in love with with a rather plain and boring fish. I would really love to have a tail that honours the cutie pie but I am worried it would just be too boring for a mermaid tail, especially since I want to do parties and photoshoots and whatnot. Wont kids want a bright shiny fancy mer?

Also, I am nor an artist and I have no way to render a drawing or concept design for this tail, is there anyone out there that would be be willing to help me?

The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    I have completely fallen in love with with a rather plain and boring fish. I would really love to have a tail that honours the cutie pie but I am worried it would just be too boring for a mermaid tail, especially since I want to do parties and photoshoots and whatnot. Wont kids want a bright shiny fancy mer?

Also, I am nor an artist and I have no way to render a drawing or concept design for this tail, is there anyone out there that would be be willing to help me?

I can help you with that if you like. I am mostly an analog artist (physical materials rather than digital). But I have designed tails and logos for myself and others before.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

I'm no expert, but I feel like that fish is really interesting. It's a great mixture of red, gold, and brown, and I think people would find that to be cool. There are already a bunch of bright mers out there, and a lot of people really like softer/more neutral colors.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kali View Post
    I can help you with that if you like. I am mostly an analog artist (physical materials rather than digital). But I have designed tails and logos for myself and others before.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    That would be lovely!@ Thank you <3

This is such a cool idea for a tail. And I know there are lots of people who adore realistic looking tails.
    Glinda Rose
    A.K.A. Your Bubbliness

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/ZNXtyNg9u1SF2" width="480" height="272" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I think it's flashy enough to be a merperson. Brown tails are cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    I think it could look awesome, it's side fins would make a amazing fluke

It would look awesome. The flukes would be so odd but amazing! Plus there's a girl on YouTube called Stella the Siren, she had a brown and black tail, she made it look amazing!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    If you want to use this to plan with, I have a brown scale pattern that I made the other day:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's a boring fish or color scheme at all! I adore browns and coppers. Imagine all the subtle details that will show up when you get close! And one of the most beautiful tails I've ever seen is a highly realistic tail that looks relatively simple on the surface (darned if I can remember her name ATM but it's a lovely silvery tail with simply amazing depth of iridescence). No fancy spots or patterns, just a gorgeous reflective silvery sheen that's amazingly fishlike.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

It's beautiful I love the fins on that fishy!!!! I hope you use its side fins and dorsal in your tail design I like brown tails earthy tones are very soothing

Thanks everyone! You've all helped to really boost my confidence on this <3

I'm just going to join in the chorus here, because I think the patterns of the fish are very suited to a pretty tail, and not boring at all. I look forward to see what gets created from the inspiration!

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    One of my favourite Finfolk tails is beige and brown. It's absolutelty stunning in the water and suits the mermaid beautifully. Nature is full of subdued tones and they are not boring!

Let me see if I can upload an image..

Name:  Rusalka1.png
Views: 393
Size:  721.1 KB
    Name:  Rusalka2.png
Views: 359
Size:  905.8 KB

I'd love to see an end result pic if you make this! I'm personally most interested in seemingly mundane brown/silver/gray tails that look less glamorous and flashy and more real and slimy/fishy :-P I'm in the minority but that's ok! hehe

These are stunning, Mermaid Salty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Salty View Post
    One of my favourite Finfolk tails is beige and brown. It's absolutelty stunning in the water and suits the mermaid beautifully. Nature is full of subdued tones and they are not boring!

Let me see if I can upload an image..

Name:  Rusalka1.png
Views: 393
Size:  721.1 KB
    Name:  Rusalka2.png
Views: 359
Size:  905.8 KB

I mean just look at H2o? not to mention in nature it's more realistic for females to have brown/redish color extremities anyway :3 I think it'd make you look very real!

Finfolk has a great fluke, not to mention if u hate the colors so much you could always use the pattern and the fluke, and just alter the colors a bit, but personally I prefer brown/greenish tails (says the girl who ended up buying a blue tail....sigh XD)Name:  ex1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  29.9 KB