Thread: Greetings from the South

Greetings from the South

Hello fellow mermaids!
    I'm feeling a bit like a fish out of water here but I guess I'll just jump right in. I've wanted to be a mermaid since I knew what one was. I was obsessed with The Little Mermaid when I was a kid and it still holds a dear place in my heart. I've known that swimmable mermaid tails were a thing for maybe three years but I never had the courage to get one until recently. I got my first tail from Suntails as well as a monofin from Fin Fun about 3 weeks ago. Going out in my tail has honestly been a huge step for me as I'm really introverted and anxious. I'm the only mermaid I know so that's why I'm here. I'm still figuring out how to work this site so if you have any tips, let me know.

- Nyx
    Last edited by shylittleshadow; 07-27-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Welcome to the mernetwork
    Thank you!

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Nice to see you around, shylittleshadow !
    < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Welcome! It's nice to meet you!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Nice to see you around, shylittleshadow !
    < 3
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    Welcome! It's nice to meet you!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! It's nice to meet you too

A BIG WELCOME from down here in Texas !!! I am introverted to but the people here are easy to talk to and friendly. You'll have plent of friends in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    A BIG WELCOME from down here in Texas !!! I am introverted to but the people here are easy to talk to and friendly. You'll have plent of friends in no time!
    Thank you! That means a lot to me

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Follow Mermaid Joy On Twitter Add Mermaid Joy on Facebook Add Mermaid Joy on Google+ Add Mermaid Joy on Bebo Add Mermaid Joy on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Joy on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Joy on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Joy on Flickr Visit Mermaid Joy's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Joy's Vimeo Channel
    Hi. Congratulations on your new mermaid tail! Suntails are so cool looking. Have you swam in it a lot?

Sent from my XT1028 using MerNetwork mobile app

Last edited by shylittleshadow; 07-29-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joy View Post
    Hi. Congratulations on your new mermaid tail! Suntails are so cool looking. Have you swam in it a lot?

Thank you! Yeah, I've used it in a pool, a lake, and today I went to the beach. I love it so much! I was going to get a fin fun tail but I liked the Sun tail design more. I have the Sun tail monofin and a fin fun monofin.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Follow Mermaid Joy On Twitter Add Mermaid Joy on Facebook Add Mermaid Joy on Google+ Add Mermaid Joy on Bebo Add Mermaid Joy on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Joy on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Joy on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Joy on Flickr Visit Mermaid Joy's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Joy's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by shylittleshadow View Post
    Thank you! Yeah, I've used it in a pool, a lake, and today I went to the beach. I love it so much! I was going to get a fin fun tail but I liked the Sun tail design more. I have the Sun tail monofin and a fin fun monofin.
    Wow that's so cool!! Where was your favorite place to swim? Which monofin do you prefer? Which Sun tail design did you get?

Wow that's so cool!! Where was your favorite place to swim? Which monofin do you prefer? Which Sun tail design did you get?

Yeah! I loved the lake because I didn't have to deal with salt or chlorine. I also didn't have to worry about scratching it. I really like both monofins. The Sun tail is stronger but the fin fun stays on better. I have pathetically small feet so I have a hard time staying in the monofin. I'm working on figuring out how to fix that. I have some ideas. I got the Sea Monster tail. (It's in my profile pictire.) I love it so much!

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by shylittleshadow View Post
    Yeah! I loved the lake because I didn't have to deal with salt or chlorine. I also didn't have to worry about scratching it. I really like both monofins. The Sun tail is stronger but the fin fun stays on better. I have pathetically small feet so I have a hard time staying in the monofin. I'm working on figuring out how to fix that. I have some ideas. I got the Sea Monster tail. (It's in my profile pictire.) I love it so much!
    Ok cool! It's always interesting to hear people's experiences and perspectives. Your mermaid tail is so pretty! I think I might be getting a Sun tail too now that I think about it, so it's nice to know the monofin works nicely. What are some of the ideas you have to make it fit better?

Ok cool! It's always interesting to hear people's experiences and perspectives. Your mermaid tail is so pretty! I think I might be getting a Sun tail too now that I think about it, so it's nice to know the monofin works nicely. What are some of the ideas you have to make it fit better?

Thank you! Yeah, they have a lot of pretty ones and I'd highly recommend them. I'm going to try putting the straps in different places. I might get neoprene socks. I may put something in it to keep it from slipping. I haven't tried it yet but those are my ideas.