Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else love the LOOK of Eric's tails?

Cool Anyone else love the LOOK of Eric's tails?

I do, the diamond/fishnet embossed scale pattern is something I personally love. I would never buy from him personally, but I still have to admit I find his tails aesthetically pleasing
    Last edited by Princess Kae-Leah; 03-12-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Personally I greatly enjoy all the pictures he posts of his silicone tails.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I'm not a huge fan of his silicone tail fluke shape (although I still really like his latex fin shape). It goes 'out' too much for me, if that makes any sense- I like my flukes to be sharper-looking. It would be cool if he could work with customers to customize fluke designs.

I tend to like the "broader" look of his silicone flukes, how they point outwards more than downwards. I first found that fluke shape when I stumbled across his gold/blue tail picture on facebook. The fluke is larger than most others too, which I also really liked. I find mermaid flukes to be like a peacock's tail; the larger it is, the more attractive.

Another thing I like about his tails is the paint job he does. The colors look absolutely stunning, and they blend into each other perfectly. One day I hope to be able to paint a tail as wonderfully as he does.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Cali
    Follow Mermaid Esther On Twitter Add Mermaid Esther on Facebook Add Mermaid Esther on Google+
    He is selling them now, and stopping them in january

I'm not a fan of Eric's ways, but I got to say, I really love the colors on this tail, I haven't seen anything like it before!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I am curious if this is Bonnie's new tail I'm not a fan of the fluke style personally, I think it looks too much like fabric. but the actual colours are awesome!!! It reminds me of moonstone!

I have to admit, I really like that tail. The colors and the little baby fins~ I don't like the faded skin bit at the top though because it seems like he is always off with the color once it's on the buyer. I'm head over fluke for that paint job though wow.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Did anyone see these photos of the "big project" he's been working on? The detail on this tail is pretty incredible.

Name:  10292331_863528630331387_6365688379181409602_n.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  81.3 KB
    Name:  1544489_863415593676024_4382075062827452026_n.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  10171293_863414167009500_3286056371737431263_n.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  57.5 KB
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I have to say, I just got EXTREMELY jealous of whoever if getting that blue and pearly tail. I am in love with how half of them look, but from what I've heard, I don't think I'll be buying from him. And dang, that is a LOT of scales. I think I might turn out great, whatever it is!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I don't know... There doesn't look like it will have much power in the monofin, since most of it has been chopped off. Its just got foot pockets and two bits at the sides.

I meant the blue tail up there.

The only thing I like about his tails was his older fluke shape (line the lne Mermaid Moon own)
    and his rising scales

I find he does some really interesting fluke designs, and sculpt-wise I think they look really nice overall! My only real problems are with his separated-fluke-and-tailskin thingamawhatsits (though they're a really neat idea in general, just the execution was pretty bad) and, honestly, I really don't like a lot of his paint jobs. He does a lot of really pretty ones (that blue and pearly-colored one is gorgeous!) but then at the same time, a lot of others come out really poorly blended (or odd color choices not blended at all) or just really lazy-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by lynsea View Post
    Name:  10171293_863414167009500_3286056371737431263_n.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  57.5 KB
    A little hole in the bum? Please tell me is he not going to cover that with an octopus...

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Oh gosh. You win. LO wins. Best comment on the butt hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refreshed the page and immediately choked on my drink at Little_Orca's comment. PEPSI. EVERYWHERE.

I believe that tail might be for the NC Merfest tail makers competition but I'm not sure. Also, it's seems he's making a tail interiorly designed like Splash's where the fluke actually is the monofin. It was called the boot.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Orca View Post
    A little hole in the bum? Please tell me is he not going to cover that with an octopus...

I want you to be my BFF.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz2453 View Post
    I believe that tail might be for the NC Merfest tail makers competition but I'm not sure. Also, it's seems he's making a tail interiorly designed like Splash's where the fluke actually is the monofin. It was called the boot.
    That could be it. That's a lot of work for the one contest though... There was the movie he was talking about as well.

The butt hole comment... yeah I decided not to lead with it but it was definitely on my mind when I was browsing through these photos
    Last edited by lynsea; 05-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Didn't he say that this tail was for a movie project? I'm confused...