Page 402 of 430 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalleafs View Post
    Maybe write to one of the other people and explain? I know it ain't fair and actually they should apologize to you (in my opinion)

Gesendet von meinem 5022D mit Tapatalk
    The other admin block was removed but recommended not to join in case of block again. So I can at least look inside and pm people on meetup. It's not the most ideal solution but I'll take it. Writing to the other admin was how I got the most recent block removed. I since blocked the other admin. I plan to make it big as a merman in a couple years and I'm sure she'll see me as one of the popular mers someday . Just got to get pass these babies steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Crossing my fins for you 🙆

Gesendet von meinem 5022D mit Tapatalk

Thank you Crystalleaf. After today events, my ex want to take me to Weeki Wachee this weekend if she beats her cold in time. All the people I swim with are sick this week as 2017 reared it first ugly head today that it want to worse than 2016. My best friend found out his fiance son was found dead this morning. There really isn't no detail what happened yet. They only left that state 7 days ago so it's really hard on them. I'm just now waiting for that call when he ready to talk. I know it'll take time as he helped her raised her son like he was his own too. I was refer to other local mergroup so I can't complain too much but I still feel bad for my best friend family. I refuse to let this month stay on a bad note.

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.

Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    Oh my gosh, Slim. I can imagine you feel pretty bad about this. I'm sorry that you have to put up with total bull like that.

Yes I do feel bad about it and bummed out but it is what it is. I'm moving forward from it and hopefully be in a better position soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lanier View Post
    Oh my gosh, Slim. I can imagine you feel pretty bad about this. I'm sorry that you have to put up with total bull like that.

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

So pissed off right now. I'm damn determined to get an A in math for once in my life, but each time I'm close (e.g. "If I ace these next two quizzes I'll be at a 90.05") I manage to screw it up and land a 70 on a quiz. I just did it again after swearing up and down that this time I SWEAR I'll have an A by tomorrow. So why the hell do I think I could ever major in a STEM degree in college? Biology is feeling more and more like a pipe dream.

So pissed off right now. I'm damn determined to get an A in math for once in my life, but each time I'm close (e.g. "If I ace these next two quizzes I'll be at a 90.05") I manage to screw it up and land a 70 on a quiz. I just did it again after swearing up and down that this time I SWEAR I'll have an A by tomorrow. So why the hell do I think I could ever major in a STEM degree in college? Biology is feeling more and more like a pipe dream.
    I'm sorry to hear Lanier. I wish I could help but those two field are hard for me. I'm hoping for some luck for you.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Hey there. Im positioned to get my biology degree within the next year. I had to get a tutor to get me up to speed in math in middle school, and i failed out of calculus in high school. Statistics for me was a breeze though. Some people just think differently. If you want a STEM degree don't let just ONE part of the acronym stop you.

Woah Slim that's just horrible... and what a sad and disappointing thing to be done by mers, I mean, they're usually open-minded, welcoming and tolerant. This just goes completely against it. Even the not reading your message part is just... sad.
    Must be very frustrating...

Not to worry, Lanier. Oftentimes a "B" is good enough. Getting a perfect score or grade is certainly an ego boost, but in the reality of life "perfection" in academics is no sure guarantee of success in employment, salaries, or getting along with other people. Hang in there, do your best, and then let the chips fall where they will. No use being too hard on yourself. Enjoy the swim!

Thank you Marrih. It actually did get fixed shortly after you replied. The person was worry about me being a creepier because a sent a couple messages (I only sent 3 over a month period) so there was a misunderstanding which I forgave. I can finally have the chance to meet local mers since she knows I'm a nice honest person with help of the other mer. I'm just so glad is finally fixed and that isn't wasn't because I was a guy or something along that line. Yes it very much cross my mind because she wasn't kicking out the local mermaids which lead to my worry. I do sometimes over analyze things.

To keep things on topic for this chat; my mother which I'm currently supporting so she can take care of my gram (and not put her in a nursing home here in Florida) told me I need to stop playing around at the pool start supporting the family more. I only go swimming for 2 hours a week and I work between 60 to 70 hours between both jobs. ALL of my money goes straight to the bills so my mom can watch her. I'm already slowly burning out from working so much and just to be told that just upset me. I'm already watching my grandmother so my mother can get out of the house on my time off so I just felt truly burned by that statement. I love my gram but it's about time I start finding a way to break free when my mom retire in July. That providing my 2nd job last that long as they recently filed for bankruptcy. My ride for this Sunday for Alexander Spring can't bring me One of my other friend might but not sure fully so I'm hoping there is a way or an opportunity come where I can get a ride as I'll cover the person gas fully. My van just won't make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Marriih View Post
    Woah Slim that's just horrible... and what a sad and disappointing thing to be done by mers, I mean, they're usually open-minded, welcoming and tolerant. This just goes completely against it. Even the not reading your message part is just... sad.
    Must be very frustrating...

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

Thank you for your well-wishes, Slim! And you have mine as well. That's a sticky and emotional situation that you're in, and I hope you find an out before you burn out and crash. Know that you have lots of mers cheering you on!*

Mermaid Mia, that gives me a lot of hope. I've got statistics up as my next math class, so hopefully I follow in your footsteps (fin-strokes?) and do well there!*

Suzanne, that's very true. The issue is that I slacked off in my Freshman year and got a C, and have only gotten a lot of B's in STEM subjects since. My GPA is pretty dismal, although I've done well on standardized testing. In the end, I'm striving to become an aquarist. Volunteering and interning will be of more use than a single math class, so you're definitely right.*

Slim you're always welcome to join my pod! I only ever delete people if they aren't contributing or are lurking hardcore or I've never met nor talked to them. (or people report harassment of being uncomfortable ) Arizona Merpod, Give us a search on facebook and the group should show up We let people in even if they don't live in AZ so that they can see what's going on especially if they'll be traveling to AZ

Thank you Momo. I sent a request to join. I'm Jason. You can tell which request is mine as my profile picture has a Elvis, Tina Turner, and Michael Jackson impersonator in the picture with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Slim you're always welcome to join my pod! I only ever delete people if they aren't contributing or are lurking hardcore or I've never met nor talked to them. (or people report harassment of being uncomfortable ) Arizona Merpod, Give us a search on facebook and the group should show up We let people in even if they don't live in AZ so that they can see what's going on especially if they'll be traveling to AZ

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mia View Post
    Hey there. Im positioned to get my biology degree within the next year. I had to get a tutor to get me up to speed in math in middle school, and i failed out of calculus in high school. Statistics for me was a breeze though. Some people just think differently. If you want a STEM degree don't let just ONE part of the acronym stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne86 View Post
    Not to worry, Lanier. Oftentimes a "B" is good enough. Getting a perfect score or grade is certainly an ego boost, but in the reality of life "perfection" in academics is no sure guarantee of success in employment, salaries, or getting along with other people. Hang in there, do your best, and then let the chips fall where they will. No use being too hard on yourself. Enjoy the swim!
    Hi Lanier!

Exactly what Mia and Suzanne said, getting a STEM degree is not just about getting an A in math. In fact, putting too much pressure on yourself is actually counterproductive (just like freediving - the harder you push the less likely it is to actually acieve your goal. Relaxing is the key! ). I wasn't that brilliant at university myself, but finally got my degree in Engineering and a really nice job afterwards.

Looking back the more relaxed I went into the examns the better I performed. Just stay focussed and go with a "I'll-do-my-best" attitude, then everything will work out fine in the end.

You will manage, I am sure!

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

Quote Originally Posted by MermanOliver View Post
    Hi Lanier!

Exactly what Mia and Suzanne said, getting a STEM degree is not just about getting an A in math. In fact, putting too much pressure on yourself is actually counterproductive (just like freediving - the harder you push the less likely it is to actually acieve your goal. Relaxing is the key! ). I wasn't that brilliant at university myself, but finally got my degree in Engineering and a really nice job afterwards.

Looking back the more relaxed I went into the examns the better I performed. Just stay focussed and go with a "I'll-do-my-best" attitude, then everything will work out fine in the end.

You will manage, I am sure!
    Thank you, Oliver! I'll keep that attitude in mind.

One of my jobs always asked why I didn't I quit my early morning job. Today proved my point. That job that asked why is letting me go in 2 weeks because that business is doing that bad. They don't even have a plan to last past May. So i'm going from working 60 to 70 hours a week down to 20 to 30 hours a week. It's not going to be enough to pay all the bills but it is what it is. But I guess it's not all bad. My former store manager from a previous job want to take me to corporate meeting and dinner as they are allow to invite one guest in clearwater because of an employee and guest talent show. I'm pretty sure she using me as her ace in the talent contest because of my merman tail. Who knows? It's another chance for me to swim.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Bit of an old one this, almost exactly a year since it happened actually. So after discovering this community I finally had an incentive to learn to swim, I booked lessons and started in January last year. Things were going well, very well in fact, until the day before the penultimate lesson. I tripped up while walking down the street, landing heavily on my left shoulder. For months afterwards certain shoulder movements were incredibly painful, including the sort of moves used for swimming. I did my best to ignore it for the last two lessons but it still held me back quite a bit. Having said that, of all the people left in the group at the last lesson, I was the only one that was asked if I wanted to go in the main (grownups) pool. So a year later and my shoulder is mostly better, still get a twinge in it now and then though. Probably going to have to book some private swimming lessons at some point as I'm past needing beginners lessons, but not good enough for what the local pool calls intermediate lessons. This is not where I was planning to be by now regarding swimming, my plan was to learn to swim, go to the pool regularly to get fit and more confident in the water. Not that confidence was ever lacking, I think I was the only one in the group that didn't have some fear of the water, found using floats frustrating and was always glad to be rid of them. Had things gone to plan, by now I should be looking into trying a monofin and experiencing the frustration of finding a pool that'll let me swim with it. So still kinda landlocked at the moment and feeling more than a bit frustrated to the point where I'm pondering getting a fabric tail just to wear indoors for the time being.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Hello I recently made a request to admins on the forum but as I suspected merging my Merman Marinus account with my old account Yemar Pina cause the password to shift and I have once again lost access to my mernetwork account due to the recent merging i had to open this one to deliver the message so can you guys just send me the password so I can once again log in to my account that it's now named Yemar Pina...

This morning I had an ultrasound done for surrogacy. The embryo's size was fine but the heart rate was low and hard to find. After talking with the doctors they said I'm going to have another ultrasound on 4/6 to see which way this pregnancy is going to go because as of right now it could go either way. Knowing that I could suffer another miscarriage (even though the doctors stress it is once again the embryos not me) really upsets me but I'm trying to stay positive so the stress doesn't make anything bad happen.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Page 402 of 430 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412 ... LastLast