Page 409 of 430 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Yep! They do, it's why princess companies work under the radar, why you can't use anything licensed by the Mouse. Ariel tails take design liberties, as in they aren't exact copies for little mermaid images printed out onto fabric and sold for profit, that would get you a Cease and Desist from Disney and ultimately being Sued (being in a group for princess party companies, I have seen it happen once or twice to people who advertised their characters with exact names like Elsa and Anna, or Tiana.
    Yeah, large companies get super crazy about that kind of stuff! I work for Playstation and everything we design is required to be approved by Legal before going in game. I make a lot of signage textures too and even the font has to be legally approved! Its bananas, but I guess it makes sense for copyright infringement. I had no idea how nit picky companies get about that stuff so we have to take extreme precaution when replicating anything. Also, my friend got a cease and desist from Disney for making an exact replica of Captain Jack Sparrow's jacket. They told him that they will sue if he makes more and sells them (props to being a baddass seamstress though).

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'm not mad but this super annoys me. The facebook drama I thought from the previous month that kinda divided the community isn't apparently over. That person decide to start hitting up different mermaid pages leaving bad reviews (which involve comments made from the drama at the end of April) under a fake name. I already figured out who she is and disappointed she sent her friend to do her dirty work. Claiming for someone to be something without proof is just bad but to bring that drama to their business page is pathetic. Keep drama among yourself but don't bring it to person page business page. If you really want to take business away from another mermaid, can do do fairly by being a better mermaid which can be done with good work ethic. Making a fake profile to leave a bad review and that fake profile will get taken down. As usual I got screenshot of the person review before it was removed and the person's private message that has the SAME exact wording as the person real profile page. If anyone else business page gets affected by a fake profile, let me know and I'll work on getting the fake profile closed. Enough with the cyber-bullying everyone. We are all better than this.

Edit: I just realize this is meant for the drama topic. Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that is the jerkiest thing ever to do. Someone did that to me after some drama last year. Some girl from california who was friends with someone I was arguing with, went on my page and lied and said one of my mermaids hit her nephew in the face while putting on a tail at swim school. Well we only have 1 boy in swim school and I have his folks on fb. we also NEVER put our fins on in front of the kids. She just 100% made it up. ALL my bad reviews on FB are fake. It's that one from her, and 2 from men I argued with on a thread of a news piece about sexism lol.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinus Mortimer View Post
    Yes in the first piracy tread i has a jerk but this time that was not my intention i even asked Selkish several times to please stop arguing with me because it still wouldn't change a thing, but she ignored it and kept on.

I thank you for taking the time to discuss this with me i do admit your pints have swayed my view point but im still am and will be a pirate my self, not the tail stealing pirates btw i wouldn't steal from other people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hey I have a question about that- why did you say you were just fine with people stealing, and that they can use your images, but then go and watermark them? (Just wondering)
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Hey I have a question about that- why did you say you were just fine with people stealing, and that they can use your images, but then go and watermark them? (Just wondering)
    I said i was fine with it but that doesn't mean i wont take the necessary precautions.

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

It's just absolutely sad that people will go to such length. Have you try to dispute and report those bad reviews on facebook to get them removed? I'm assuming you did but I'm going to ask that anyways. The one person that did the bad review for the Florida mers happen to hate and blocked me because who I'm friends with. It's fine though. I get the advantage that with that block, that person will not see me rise. The part that tickles me from all of this is my boss is going on a vacation and one of the location is where he taking his family is where that particular mer works. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the next two week as I did let him know who block me but told him don't judge the place based on one bad apple as the place got decent review. I think people fail to see that I may be a new mer but I happen to watch to rise of many including Hannah Fraser and Mermaid Melissa and my 20+ year of internet search experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    that is the jerkiest thing ever to do. Someone did that to me after some drama last year. Some girl from california who was friends with someone I was arguing with, went on my page and lied and said one of my mermaids hit her nephew in the face while putting on a tail at swim school. Well we only have 1 boy in swim school and I have his folks on fb. we also NEVER put our fins on in front of the kids. She just 100% made it up. ALL my bad reviews on FB are fake. It's that one from her, and 2 from men I argued with on a thread of a news piece about sexism lol.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Member Pod of Texas MerDragon Arie's Avatar
    Add MerDragon Arie on Facebook
    Are there any Mermaids perferabbly tailmakers that would be willing to message me and help me out with something. Long story short my tailmaker from last year is refusing to give me some money back for the tail that I was paying off. The tail isn't what I wanted and asked her to fix things during the process and was just told that she couldn't do it. I tried to be nice at first and now she is giving me problems. PayPal wont do a dang thing apparently since the transactions were from last year. She told me that if I don't come up with a payment plan for the remander of the tail plus $300 for shipping then the whole deal is voided along with my money. I'm really p-off and would like some advice on what I can do.

P.S I don't have the tail she still has it.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    So I guess I am kind of interuptting a conversation here, but I need to let something out.

My boyfriend of a over year left me for one of my friends. Who was claimed by him to be a better person than me. (and trust me she is rude, hateful, and many people have claimed it)

I'll admit it wasn't the best relationship, but it was my first real relationship and at the end things were going better than they had been.

We have know each other for over 2 years and we grew so close to on another; he was basically my best friend. He was my first kiss and my first love. However I learned he was arrogant, egotistic, and basically a narcissist.

I tried to seperate myself from him before, but I thought something had changed. He kept making me see how everything was my fault and though I resisted that belief, I eventually started to believe it all.

After a year of arguing and us not talking to each other for over a month, we tried to work things out and it was going really well. Until I got really busy for about a week straight and he didn't get enough attention.

He blamed me for creating excuses when I tried to fix it and finally that weekend he told me he was tired of dealing with me.

Throughout the next week, my friend dumped her boyfriend and go togther with mine.

I thought I was fine being without him and at first I was. But now, I can't remember how frustrating I felt or how much he hurt me. Every day is a toss up on whether I am going to be an emotional wreck or strong.

I knew I was on the edge of breaking down when I went to a local festival to sell raffle tickets, but I thought it would help me not think about everything. When I showed up he was there with my friend, arms wrapped each other. They went to watch the bands at the stage, but they kept parading back and forth past my booth and they always made sure to at least hold hands when they'd pass.

I just feel very betrayed and hurt and a slight bit angry.

Especially at the fact that I knew his mom wouldn't take pictures or a video of him at graduation so I did and sent it to him. I knew that he would want something to remember him getting his diploma and walking across (I knew his new gf would do it, but I didn't see her there). I saw he had seen it and I didn't even get a thank you in return. So I commented on not getting a thank you and he looked at it and never said a word.

So again even slightly more upset.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Sounds like he gaslit the heck out of you. I know it hurts, but let your mean friend have him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MerDragon Arie View Post
    Are there any Mermaids perferabbly tailmakers that would be willing to message me and help me out with something. Long story short my tailmaker from last year is refusing to give me some money back for the tail that I was paying off. The tail isn't what I wanted and asked her to fix things during the process and was just told that she couldn't do it. I tried to be nice at first and now she is giving me problems. PayPal wont do a dang thing apparently since the transactions were from last year. She told me that if I don't come up with a payment plan for the remander of the tail plus $300 for shipping then the whole deal is voided along with my money. I'm really p-off and would like some advice on what I can do.

WTF? 300$ for shipment? How often does it travel around the globe before you would get it?

Izzy, you are better without them. The holding hand in front of your both was them knowing what they were doing. Be glad they did this now and not before you got more attached. Sorry it happen to you in the first place.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina the Selkie View Post
    Sounds like he gaslit the heck out of you. I know it hurts, but let your mean friend have him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    That has been my plan. I've already seen trouble in paradise, so I am enjoying sitting back and letting karma do it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Izzy, you are better without them. The holding hand in front of your both was them knowing what they were doing. Be glad they did this now and not before you got more attached. Sorry it happen to you in the first place.
    Thank you. I guess I am shocked after one night him literally crying saying he didn't want to lose me to him going off and shutting me out.

Thank you both for the encouragement.

He made that decision and the hand holding was a conscious decision. You already been burned. He needs to learn from the mistake. A zebra painting all it strips to black doesn't make it a stallion, it's still a zebra. If he wasn't going to change and better himself, he would had done so already. I know you can move forward on this but I'm here to talk if you want to.

Survivor of cyberbullies

B!TC# IT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    He made that decision and the hand holding was a conscious decision. You already been burned. He needs to learn from the mistake. A zebra painting all it strips to black doesn't make it a stallion, it's still a zebra. If he wasn't going to change and better himself, he would had done so already. I know you can move forward on this but I'm here to talk if you want to.
    Yeah. And thank you. I'll remember if I need someone. My mom and dad just repeat that it will take time and I'll get over it. I am mostly trying to restore my confidence fill back up the shell of me that was left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MerDragon Arie View Post

I suggest you make a separate thread with all the info on the tail and the maker including any screenshots, the more evidence the better we might be able to help you.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Fu***********************ck so while cleaning my room i had to move the dorsal mold, i did so with more care than a Bomb Squad i managed to place it on the ground without any problems i left it there and when i come back my mother had stepped on it braking a piece, we had a huge argument about how she destroyed months of my work and so on but i know she would never do it on purpose so i let it go im stillll pissed though... and if any of you follow my Extended Tail thread youll know whats going to happen even though i can fix it easily, i see it as a sign from providence its saying i dont want that dorsal so start over, wich i translate to " Hulk Smash!" Ill re do my dorsal right on the tail mold that way the split in the dorsal will serve as a seam...

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

I just found out a man my husband and I considered family died in his sleep early this morning. I feel like a piece of shit friend for not talking to him more since I moved down to Florida despite knowing he had a lot of health problems for his age. I can't even go to his funeral or be there properly for his wife or kids (who are my age) so I'm stuck communicating via internet. I should have been there more but instead I procrastinated like I do everything else and now I'm going to regret it the rest of my life.

Hydra, don't regret it. You had no way of knowing and your intention was good. You were going through so much the last couple months anyways that nothing would had changed regardless.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    So I guess I am kind of interuptting a conversation here, but I need to let something out.

My boyfriend of a over year left me for one of my friends. Who was claimed by him to be a better person than me. (and trust me she is rude, hateful, and many people have claimed it)

I'll admit it wasn't the best relationship, but it was my first real relationship and at the end things were going better than they had been.

We have know each other for over 2 years and we grew so close to on another; he was basically my best friend. He was my first kiss and my first love. However I learned he was arrogant, egotistic, and basically a narcissist.

I tried to seperate myself from him before, but I thought something had changed. He kept making me see how everything was my fault and though I resisted that belief, I eventually started to believe it all.

After a year of arguing and us not talking to each other for over a month, we tried to work things out and it was going really well. Until I got really busy for about a week straight and he didn't get enough attention.

He blamed me for creating excuses when I tried to fix it and finally that weekend he told me he was tired of dealing with me.

Throughout the next week, my friend dumped her boyfriend and go togther with mine.

I thought I was fine being without him and at first I was. But now, I can't remember how frustrating I felt or how much he hurt me. Every day is a toss up on whether I am going to be an emotional wreck or strong.

I knew I was on the edge of breaking down when I went to a local festival to sell raffle tickets, but I thought it would help me not think about everything. When I showed up he was there with my friend, arms wrapped each other. They went to watch the bands at the stage, but they kept parading back and forth past my booth and they always made sure to at least hold hands when they'd pass.

I just feel very betrayed and hurt and a slight bit angry.

Especially at the fact that I knew his mom wouldn't take pictures or a video of him at graduation so I did and sent it to him. I knew that he would want something to remember him getting his diploma and walking across (I knew his new gf would do it, but I didn't see her there). I saw he had seen it and I didn't even get a thank you in return. So I commented on not getting a thank you and he looked at it and never said a word.

So again even slightly more upset.

Mermaid Izzy, I feel you. I was 100% where you were a few years ago. I had a friend that I started dating, the relationship lasted for 4 years, he too was my best friend, first love and first real relationship.

He also would blame me for some his choices "but you weren't available that day." though he was more of a narcissist and pushover.

We had good and bad times, I had also separated from and gotten back together with him, but at the end he just told me not to call him.

I frequently saw him with his girlfriend who I knew and previously tried to be friends with although she was just acting nice toward me while trying to get closer to my (now ex) boyfriend.

She would hug/kiss/cuddle him whenever I was around, it broke my heart so much I had to leave whenever she came by and it caused me to practically abandon my friends because my ex and I shared friends and therefore so did she.

I felt heartbroken, alone, betrayed, depressed and angry (at him, his girlfriend, one of her friends and myself).

I was depressed for so long after that, I had my strong days and my emotionally wrecked days.

Also I think that it was beyond nice of you to take a video for him.

Mermaid Izzy, you are way better off without either of them (even though it may not always seem like it). It may help to distance yourself physically from that situation and definitely from them while you heal. This will sound cliche but even though it may not be easy it is possible and there will definitely be better days ahead of you. If you ever want anyone to talk to I'm happy to lend an ear, just PM me.

Also, people aren't lying when they say karma's a b****, i just sat back and smiled myself as his new girlfriend cheated on him and then dumped him for another guy that I was a close acquaintance with. He then came to me heartbroken and wanted me back, though the one in my case doing the shutting out was me > (I feel I should say this, I did try to speak with him years later and "just be friends" but he was only interested in using me to make himself feel better and offered almost nothing in return. People like that rarely change.)

Again, if you need a friend I'm here.
    Last edited by Sea~Phoenix Savannah; 06-08-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea~Phoenix Savannah View Post
    Mermaid Izzy, I feel you. I was 100% where you were a few years ago. I had a friend that I started dating, the relationship lasted for 4 years, he too was my best friend, first love and first real relationship.

He also would blame me for some his choices "but you weren't available that day." though he was more of a narcissist and pushover.

We had good and bad times, I had also separated from and gotten back together with him, but at the end he just told me not to call him.

I frequently saw him with his girlfriend who I knew and previously tried to be friends with although she was just acting nice toward me while trying to get closer to my (now ex) boyfriend.

She would hug/kiss/cuddle him whenever I was around, it broke my heart so much I had to leave whenever she came by and it caused me to practically abandon my friends because my ex and I shared friends and therefore so did she.

I felt heartbroken, alone, betrayed, depressed and angry (at him, his girlfriend, one of her friends and myself).

I was depressed for so long after that, I had my strong days and my emotionally wrecked days.

Also I think that it was beyond nice of you to take a video for him.

Mermaid Izzy, you are way better off without either of them (even though it may not always seem like it). It may help to distance yourself physically from that situation and definitely from them while you heal. This will sound cliche but even though it may not be easy it is possible and there will definitely be better days ahead of you. If you ever want anyone to talk to I'm happy to lend an ear, just PM me.

Also, people aren't lying when they say karma's a b****, i just sat back and smiled myself as his new girlfriend cheated on him and then dumped him for another guy that I was a close acquaintance with. He then came to me heartbroken and wanted me back, though the one in my case doing the shutting out was me > (I feel I should say this, I did try to speak with him years later and "just be friends" but he was only interested in using me to make himself feel better and offered almost nothing in return. People like that rarely change.)

Again, if you need a friend I'm here.
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot more hopeful. And thankfully he graduated this year and I probably won't see him unless we bump into each other in this small town. Plus my friend, well ex-friend, doesn't hang out around me because I talk with people she doesn't like.

And speaking of cliche, after telling my ex about some of the cliche stories I have written, he said that I should use my life as a story. So for once I will take his advice and I am currently working on my story with him and warning others of the signs of bad relationships (esp. With narcissist people)

Page 409 of 430 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419 ... LastLast