Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MerBella Studios Inc.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    OH MY NEPTUNE! those are soooooo amazing, love your work seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Beautiful, you really are an inspiration to all of us. I'm moving to FL soon and I would love to meet you and have a swim. I'm dying to have a photoshoot in FLa springs, the water is so clear. I miss it!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I got to photoshoot Raven twice when I was in Florida, once I was with her and I basically walked my bf through how to use the camera so we could have shots together, and once I shot her and Meshpa in their tank. Im a prof mermaid and even I was like a kid when I went up to their tank. Haha these women rock at what they do and I am beyond thrilled to see more mermaids being added to their group

I need to hunt down an underwater photographer in FL, its hard because its such a rare art not allot of people do it. I live on a tropical island and I only know one guy who does that kind of photography. Iv always wanted a group underwater shoot, I think it would be awesome.

That does sound like a lot of fun o_o
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

well raven it looks like you may have me as a customer in the near future.

Sorry bout the Double post but If i was to send you a Monofin to put in the $1,000 tail would it continue to be same price or alittle cheaper.?

I am most definatly getting one! My goal is to have one by next summer!

Hold your breath, Make a wish, Count to three. - Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLanai View Post
    Sorry bout the Double post but If i was to send you a Monofin to put in the $1,000 tail would it continue to be same price or alittle cheaper.?
    That's my question too. I found a monofin shaped like the competitor without the foot pocket ridges and I was wondering if I sent it to her if she'd put that in the tail instead of a competitor or one of the smaller ones.

For the Performance tails, I can put any Competitor like monofin inside, Ive seen some of these other monofins and have been wanting to see how well they swim I can also put a Foil in the performance tails but I also have to do extra work to the fluke in order to get the look I like. This is what all the tails I perform in have. I charge the same for this option because altho its a cheaper monofin its a lot more work to install it.

Id be happy to subtract the price of the competitor to the tail if you provide one for me and it is one I am able to install into the performance tail
    In the $1,000 model I only use a wave monofin. But because they are neoprene lined I can customize the fluke silhouette/shape to fit any monofin you would like to provide. So same thing there.

Hope that helps!
    My Esty store where I sell all my mermaid accessories: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeCupOfTea?ref=si_shop

Merbellas facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerBel...7330119?ref=ts

Merbellas YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MerBellas

Website (under construction): Merbellas.com

Raven I have a couple questions about the difference between tails... with the neoprene, does it have a tendency to strech out? I hear thats a common problem with Mertailor tails and i'm curious whether you've found a solution or if its to be expected. Also, what is the strech factor on the silicone tails? Also, if weights fluctuate is there a way to tighten up tails?

Love your work <3

with the neoprene, does it have a tendency to strech out? I hear thats a common problem with Mertailor tails and i'm curious whether you've found a solution or if its to be expected. Also, what is the strech factor on the silicone tails? Also, if weights fluctuate is there a way to tighten up tails?
    oh oh oh! Pick me! *waves hand* the mertailor ones that stretch out I believe are the latex one, Im assuming since these are silicone they'd move with the neoprene. As far as stretch factor, It's really good in silicone tails, so if your weight goes up it can accommodate it, if weight goes down a little (like it did with me) I find wearing tights inside the tail helps that, if it goes down drastically (because I already asked Raven) I know she can take it in! Im sure Raven will answer too but I wanted to give some input since I own one of hers

Thanks Raina, I didn't even consider tights and stuff!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    Tail fund might be spent even sooner now. yayy
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

I can't wait to get the money for the $3000 tail! I already have the money for this cheaper alternative to the pure silicone but I would like the pure silicone tail instead. I'm not a fan of neoprene either since it is floaty and absorbs water like crazy! My current tail has neoprene lining and it takes several days to completely dry. I said to myself if I'm buying another tail I'm getting my dream tail! My dream tail is pure silicone with the flowy/floppy fluke. Amazing how you managed to master hiding the monofin perfectly even though its smaller than the competitor in the pure silicone flukes! Can't even tell there's anything even in there!! Fooled me. Great work as always and wonderful works of art! You will go far with this for sure

**EDIT: My tail actually isn't neoprene lined. It's some fake kind of foam stuff. He advertises neoprene and doesn't even use it! I had never seen neoprene before I got my tail so I didn't know until my mom got a neoprene wetsuit and compared it. NOTHING like it!!
    Last edited by SeaVixen; 06-17-2012 at 07:25 AM.

That is so great!! Sounds like what I would do if I got lucky enough to meet them. I would go from my 20s to 9 all over again lol. I hope to meet them one day!

I love my silicone tail, I can dry it with a towel and it's done lol

I will be glad when I can just towel dry mine!

I'm saving up for one of these beautiful tails! <3 Hopefully I can place an order by August ^___^ I am so excited!! <3