Thread: ANY TAIL MAKERS NEED SOMEONE TO TEST THEIR TAILS?

ANY TAIL MAKERS NEED SOMEONE TO TEST THEIR TAILS?

I would gladly test your tails out, do reviews on them, rate them, and definitely promote them! If you're a tail maker and would like your product to become advertised, I would be more than happy to assist you. PM me if you would like your tail reviewed on video, rated, tested, and promoted! <3

FURTHER: Upon purchase of course! I would just like to help out other tail makers. I apologize for not including that in before. I just thought that was a given. I would like to purchase tails, and make review videos, rates and such, with the makers permission.
    Last edited by Mermaid Galonii; 07-08-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Confusion is Translation

Do you realize how rude this is to tailmakers?
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

I wasn't meaning to be rude. I would just like to help spread the word about their tails... I do video reviews and was just wondering if they wanted someone to do some reviews on them, help spread popularity.

thank you, Lorelei...I was going to say something but changed my mind. Galonii, you may not have intended to be rude, but you're basically asking for a freebie tail. "Exposure" in the form of reviews and feedback is not payment. If a budding tail maker wants to offer a test tail free, it's for them to choose to do so. Most ask at the very least for cost of materials.

Artists and performers get this All The Time. Free advertisements don't pay the bills. Instead, word gets around that you're willing to work for free.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

You can help spread the word by buying a tail.

No! I was going to pay for the tails of course! I just would like to do a new kind of review! I would like to purchase the tails and review them, with the makers permission. I think you misunderstand.

Oh! Well in that case, cool.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

My dear merfriend, it wasn't a misunderstanding, it was a miscommunication. Due to the fact that you're newer and we get this a lot, it seemed like you were asking for a free tail in exchange for a review. Now that you've clarified, it certainly helps! Just be sure to state all of what you want to say before you post it, as textual communications usually result in misinterpretations of tone, meaning, et cetera.

I hope you like it here on MN. I love it! Feel free to reach out any time. I'd be happy to help you!
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

No, no. I just didn't realize tail reviews were freebies. I've done many reviews on costumes (mostly for my job; I work at a Renaissance Festival as an actress). None of the costumes I have reviewed have ever been free.