Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabrics, Latex and Silicone mermaid tails !

Fabrics, Latex and Silicone mermaid tails !

All original designs and conceptions are the property of Mercurious (for example, HH dispositive, Liratail or the Galaxy color)

Sorry for my english if I did mistakes, this isn't my native language. Please, this thread is reserved to people from Europe (or other people all over the world who can pay horrible shipping costs ) cause I live in France.

Fabric tails

I can make a tail based on the design you want, with the monofin you want ! It only takes one week for me to make one ! Prices depend of your design and measurments.

Latex tails

Advantages: Lower price than a silicone tail, paint job easier so less expensive to do and more possibilities to do special painting designs.
    Disadvantages: less durable than silicon (which has a lifetime of virtually unlimited), it only lasts a few years. Less shiny than silicone, but compensates with metallic colors available.

°~Available Designs~°

One scale pattern available (3D scales)
    Tail size : Tailor-made
    3 to 5 different fin designs (Liratail, as mine, Splash, Dol-fin, or custom design !)
    You can add additionnal fins (dorsal, pectoral or heel fins)
    Colors is as your own will !

All imaginable colors are available ! Iridiscent or matt !

A latex tail can cost from 300$ to 600$, depending to your design and measurments.

Silicone tails

°~Available Designs~°
    One scale pattern available (3D scales)
    Tail size : Tailor-made
    3 to 5 different fin designs (Liratail, as mine, Splash, Dol-fin, an exclusive h2o fluke, or custom design !)
    You can add additionnal fins (dorsal, pectoral or heel fins)
    Colors is as your own will !

All imaginable colors are available ! Iridiscent or matt !

A silicone tail is made with Dragon Skin silicone on a spandex base-coat (can be on neoprene but more expensive), painted with psycho paint, and can cost from 600$ to 1600$, depending to your design and measurments.

Option
    HH dispositive : The HH (Hide-Heel) dispositive was invented to hide your heels. It does not disturb you during swimming but the tail is harder to put on your legs. The HH dispositive require the mold of your heels or to accept a basic version for everyone but not so well-fitted than a molded HH.

My first silicone mermaid tail (Liratail without 3D effect, 3D scales, 5 colors: dark blue, turquoise, silver, gold, white, h2o style dorsal fin, worst silicone ever !)

Photos of working progress and tails soon ! For more information go to my website : http://mercurious.forum-gratuit.tv/
    I will add the english part soon !

Mermaid Lira

PS : Serious people only !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mermaid Lira; 07-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.

YAY, more tailmakers!
    good luck, lira i hope you sell lots of tails
    and your english was fine (:

Thanks I hope too ! I don't know if there are a lot of professional taimakers in Europe...Are there some or not at all ? Pictures soon, I just need to by my epoxy and my plasteline to do the molds !

Special sales ! You just pay the costs of material if you buy a latex or a silicone tail this summer !

How much would it be for a silicone tail? Oh and is it silicone/latex over neoprene or just silicone/latex? Sorry for all the questions!
    Mermaid Jewel

No problem ^^ Silicone and latex are over Lycra, a thick spandex, but if you prefer neoprene, maybe can I find some. (check out my first silicone tail made only with bad silicone and lycra in "show us your tail thread") It'll just be more expensive !

I need to finish all my molds to give you the real price of a silicone tail. Just wait a week and I'll tell you

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    My plan is to buy a tail once I lose a bit of weight (so hopefully before summer is over) and I may be interested in a silicone tail I'll be very interested to see pictures, I couldn't find my way around the website because I don't know French Do you have an estimate on shipping to the US, I live in Michigan. Thanks!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    once you have it all together you should contact www.mermaidtails.net and have your site posted there

No, I don't think so cause it's not really a website, it's a forum, like mernetwork, but I'm gonna open a webshop on etsy I think... Shipping to us...It depends of the weight of the tail...More than 30-40$, I'm sure of this. I'm gonna open an english part on my website, just wait a bit (I'm working on my molds, and my future studies, location, administrativ papers, etc...)

I'm very excited

Chesapeake Pod
    Do youhave any pictures?
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I would love to see pictures!

I put some pictures of my first silicone tail in "show us your tail thread", but I'll put more pictures of work in progress soon

Chesapeake Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lira View Post
    I put some pictures of my first silicone tail in "show us your tail thread", but I'll put more pictures of work in progress soon
    Okay, cool
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

how long have you been making tails?

I begin in tail selling but I make mermaid tails since last year.

I want one!!! Can you make me a silicone tail just like the one in your pictures except in the color light green? No extra fins or anything like that. Would it be 600 dollars? Because thats about all i can afford.... lol Also, what monofin is in your tails?

DARN!!! I didn't realized that shipping was 300 dollars!!!!! thats crazy! Lol you need to move to the US! haha

I would love to have one of your tails!

pm'd you Lira