Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop making fun of my dream.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I just tell them "Its my money that I work for and save. If you don't like it oh well. You don't have to be so mean,condescending and rude." That usually shuts them up. I haven't been teased about wanting a tail but people have given me crap about spending over 600 dollars for my fish.

"You create your own reality
    so leave mine to me."
    -Greg Graffin

You know, sometimes people spend endless amounts of money on cars, clothes, and parties. How many times has that same model of car they so willingly blow their lifes savings on reprodced? Just about thousands upon thousands of times.
    Your tail is something very special, itgrants you freedom of a realm that not many others have explored withsuch love and cherishedness that many people who buy or make tails have.
    Making fun of someone just because they spend money on something other then a spanking brand new car or mounds of desiner clothes isnt justified at all. They like to spend their money on their things,
    and you like to spend your money on yours. Some peoples dreams are to be awesome artists, or rockclimbers. Or maybe something like a giant robot!
    If someone tells someone else that their dream is stupid or worthless, then I think the person that said that seems a wee bit jelous.
    Not many people have enough balls to explore the sea, rivers, or waters like many people here do.
    But, I do disagree with just kinda telling them to go fuck themselves. If theyre your oldest and some of your greatest friends I think they'd be able to understand you really well if you
    put it out into prespective like some of the other members were saying. <3
    No matter if they may have hurt you, I think it really works to be patient to people, but not bend to their will and don't become spineless. But, just saying, “FUCK YE AND YER MUM. D:<<” Will probly just make more trouble.
    Talking really does help alot. <3 But, no matter what happens, dont give up. Those people who may be ridaculing you may have given up their dreams already. That might bewhy theyre so cold.
    Last edited by Celia; 07-10-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Woah, someone put glue on my post. Words are all stuck togeather. o_o Edit.
    Elle en tes Marta Zaam, anwa hymmne yart en sik.
    Ween her yasra rooshellan, aje manaf grruwa.

(From and to Mother Ocean, the waves come and go
    In this gentle cradle, new lives sprout)

Relevant:

"SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacora View Post
    ...people have given me crap about spending over 600 dollars for my fish.
    Try explaining spending $$$ on live rock and live sand. I tend to tell people not to get into the saltwater aquarium hobby unless they are prepared to flush money down the toilet.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)