Thread: My New Tail from Mermaid Parties (VIDEO AND PICTURES!)

My New Tail from Mermaid Parties (VIDEO AND PICTURES!)

I could not be more thrilled with my tail made by Stephanie at Mermaid Parties! First off, her customer service was out of this world! She was always extremely prompt to respond to all emails and inquiries I sent! She was a dream to work with, making sure that I received the exact product that I paid for and wanted!

I ordered an Oceanika Merfin and had it shipped directly to her to be used in my fluke.

The tail is beautiful!!! It is exactly what I had designed - coloring and everything!! Two of my most favorite parts are how it tapers inward at the ankles, and how at the waist, the tail comes up higher in the back than in the front!! There are water vents at the tips of the fluke to let water flow through it as you swim, and in actually swimming in it, I experienced no drag whatsoever!! The neoprene is a different neoprene from what the mertailor uses, and I sincerely like what Stephanie uses better! There is more "substance" to it. Stephanie's also doesn't get all stretched out once it becomes wet - it holds tight to you! Getting into the tail, I almost felt like I was putting on one of the silicone tails because it is such a "gloved" fit which is exactly what you want!!!

In terms of swimming in it, I felt like I could move extremely well! I have gone out to various lakes, literally, over 2-dozen times this summer swimming in an Oceanika Merfin just by-itself, and I felt the same freedom of swimming with a whole tail as I did with the merfin alone! I was absolutely able to dive down in deep water and get the fluke to splash up and out ! That's one of my favorite things to do, which I haven't been able to do in other tails I have worn !!

The top that I ordered to match my tail is extremely comfortable!! Just throw on and go! It's made of neoprene so there isn't uncomfortable fish-net or bra-straps. I have swam in both of those kinds of tops, and I most definitely prefer this new one!

From start to finish of this whole process, Stephanie has been amazing!! And even though I have my tail now, she still makes it clear that she is readily available to help and fix any problems that may arise! I sincerely believe that I received so much more than what I paid for, and I honestly could not be more happy!!
    10 stars out of 10 stars I give to Mermaid Parties!!

Name:  dsc09002y.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  124.0 KB
    Name:  dsc09003i.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  98.4 KB
    Name:  dsc09007t.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  96.8 KB
    Name:  dsc09005f.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  96.3 KB
    Name:  top02h.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  68.1 KB
    Name:  55702910100341439416462.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  168.8 KB
    Name:  dsc08971i.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  151.5 KB
    Name:  dsc08972k.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  165.8 KB
    Name:  dsc08979d.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  165.3 KB
    Name:  dsc08996oq.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  109.0 KB
    Name:  dsc08982.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  103.1 KB
    Name:  dsc08997ia.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  117.7 KB

Close up of the halter top:
    Name:  dsc08992j.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  158.4 KB
    Name:  dsc08989w.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  140.9 KB

My other shell top:
    Name:  528165_410802472305589_779889378_n.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  212.4 KB

Video Review:

She did quite the beautiful job on this! Thank you for the review as well. :>
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Steph just keeps getting better and better! You look fin-tastic and so does the tail, love the colours

Oh wow that tail is beautiful! The color job is just so... lush? That's the best word I can think of, it's vibrant and elegant while staying fun & unique! I feel like that paint job could of gone horrible wrong but it went stupendously awesome! Also the Oceanika fin is absolutely amazing! Based purely on appearance I would say perhaps all Mermaid Party tails should be made with one from now on it's just that beautiful and the seem is also very well done. Overall I think you have a beautiful looking tail

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Wow. I like how she managed to hide the foot pockets so well... that's a definite problem with my fabric tail, the foot pockets are so clearly visible when it's wet...
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

this looks great! love the colors too

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    wow beautiful I can't wait to get mine! you look gorgeous in it(:
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    So pretty! Thanks for the picture over load Those colors are perfect for you!

A very nice tail with so beautiful colors.

And as you write, it feels good swimming with it. That's the most important thing!

OMG gorgeous. I can't wait to have extra $$$$, just been one thing after another ,new furnace, new central air,everything breaking at once...sucks! The joys of home ownership... Let's hope the sea gods send lots of folks a buying at the Orchard Lake , Michigan ,show next week end...
    This review convinced me to go with the Oceanika monofin....

ok i'm sold. i've been talking to her about designing me a secondary latex tail. yes. that's happening. where's my wallet?

So is the fin sealed in or can you still take it out?

What a lovely tail! Love the colours you picked.

Raayvhen, the merfin fluke is sealed in, so I cannot take the merfin out. However, it would not be difficult to remove it if I wanted to !

Thanks for all the awesome compliments everyone! I'm out swimming in lakes not far for me no less than 3 to 4 times a week! One of my good friends told me that a couple mornings ago on the radio they were talking about mermaids being seen swimming in Minneapolis Lakes. I haven't seen and don't know of any others that swim in Minneapolis Lakes (I am not saying there aren't others out there, I just don't know or haven't heard of others) so I had to giggle to myself when I heard that :-)

Wow! It's absolutely stunning~
    I love the colors you chose and Steph really did an amazing job with the scale-fluke
    transition! Everything is so vibrant and pretty @_@

I hope you make a swim video soon :'P
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Good new - my underwater waterproof housing for my digital camera just arrived in the mail today!! Swim video to come soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrique View Post
    Thanks for all the awesome compliments everyone! I'm out swimming in lakes not far for me no less than 3 to 4 times a week! One of my good friends told me that a couple mornings ago on the radio they were talking about mermaids being seen swimming in Minneapolis Lakes. I haven't seen and don't know of any others that swim in Minneapolis Lakes (I am not saying there aren't others out there, I just don't know or haven't heard of others) so I had to giggle to myself when I heard that :-)
    hahaha she told me about that too! i'm next! i'm next! when it hits yahoo that there's been mermaids sightings in all of the great lakes this summer it's going to be awesome! and so jealous for your underwater camera shell! one of my photographers is looking to possibly invest in one to snap some of me.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    omg its gorgeous i want a tail with that kind of monofin
    cant wait to see iu swimm in it