Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rank and Style, Nobility or Not?

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    This is a super interesting thread!

I have a mersona that is based on a swan, so at first I thought about making her a princess or queen. But that is over-used, and what would she be queen over in the first place? Not other swans because swans don't listen to anybody or anything [I'd know because they're all over where I live !]. And, since my mersona is more of a surface-skimmer, I can't really make her "rule the seas". Maybe ruler of the waves or tides, but that's not so fun sounding...

I think she'd be more of a traveler or caretaker [not in a medicinal sense]. She's a calm warrior [as in the sense that she uses no weapons to fight] who fights for love and righteousness. And also against humans hurting wildlife in general.
    Who knows! :P
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

I'm the First Officer from my ship. I'm Miss Neerai Every, I only take orders from the Captain!

I'm not from the royalty, I'm not a noble mermaid. I follow my lover!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    I am a leader of a tribe of headhunters, salvors and seawitches. My mersona just took it upon her as she gradually "collected" those other people around her and that's what my pod is like in real life anyway. So I guess this would make me a chief or something like that 😐

Gesendet von meinem 5022D mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crystalleafs View Post
    I am a leader of a tribe of headhunters, salvors and seawitches. My mersona just took it upon her as she gradually "collected" those other people around her and that's what my pod is like in real life anyway. So I guess this would make me a chief or something like that 

Wow, I like your mersona very very much!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Neerai View Post
    Wow, I like your mersona very very much!
    Thank you

I personally look at it like the ocean belongs to no mer, even though pods usually stake out a territory or home of sorts. In Mako Mermaids, the H2O series, Mako is the southern pod's home (<I think). There was also a chinese mermaid pod and a Northern Pod mentioned. I personally am a California Siren, my literal pod (the people I'm friends and family with outside of my mersona) are all either California mers, sirens, specific hybrids, or mermaid mutts. Only two of them are people I actually listen to. One of them is like the most annoying kind of sister to me, but she's just considered a princess or a queen because she acts entitled to things (especially people). It's more of a nick name.

For me, my mersona is as close as my regular self as I can get it because... I just like to merge the best of both worlds. XD

I am a mermaid warrior with a touch of siren blood - meaning generally I am nice but on rare occasions I can be scary. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with pirates and swimming down into sunken ships and retrieving treasures for the pirates. They let me keep the pretty necklaces but the best reward is getting to talk with humans who enjoy the sea and its mysteries.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Artisan. Cos I love making stuff!
    Formerly known as ireneho

I'm not a Princess I'm a Khaleesi

Just a common caribbean mermaid here!
    Mermaid Enora