Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: North Carolina Mers?

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebekah.fish's Avatar
    Add Rebekah.fish on Facebook
    Yea me too dan ) I'll look it up!

Dan, link to triad merfolk is not working
    When nothing goes right, go left.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Odd, try https://www.facebook.com/groups/396995187128751/ and see if that works. Otherwise just look for a group called Triad Merfolk
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

If anyone near the Piedmont Triad region of NC would like to join the Triad Merfolk​ for a swim at the Greensboro Aquatic Center​, we are planning on the following dates:

Wednesdays: 2/25, 3/4, 3/11, 3/25 - 11am-1pm
    Sundays: 3/15 - time TBD

Banned
    Follow MermaidShannon On Twitter
    Hot firemen will rescue you if you air drown

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebekah.fish's Avatar
    Add Rebekah.fish on Facebook
    Lol what?!

Banned
    Follow MermaidShannon On Twitter
    Swear.

The April Calendar for the Greensboro Aquatic Center has been posted. I recommend meeting on the following dates:
    - Wednesday, 11am-1pm: 4/8*, 4,/15, 4/22, 4/29
    - Sunday, 2pm-4pm: 4/19

* - 4/8 is during Guilford County School Spring Break

I might also swim on Monday 4/6 and/or Sunday 4/12, as I have a tattoo appointment on 4/15 and will thus have to stay dry for 3-4 weeks after that.

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Hi! I'm new to the site (first post actually!) and just got into mermaiding - well I have loved mermaids as soon as I learned about them, but anyway Im in the asheboro area and I'd love to join in for a swim one day though I don't have a tail yet. Anyone know of the prices of any local tail makers? So psyched! Oh and i have facebook messanger - Coral Tritent.

It looks like the Greensboro Aquatic Center is clear for Wednesday swims on 5/20 and 5/27. I would recommend moving things up an hour, from 10am-12pm, so that we can swim in the deeper diving pool (17' deep, 80ºF) . Adding a Sunday swim on 5/24 or 5/31 is also a possibility.

Upcoming Event: World Ocean Day at the Greensboro Science Center
    http://www.greensboroscience.org/…/s...ay/index.shtml

A January Merfolk Festival: As the NC MerFest will not be held this January, who would be interested in a shindig at the GAC the first weekend in January? Granted, I'd have to rent the pool, so we'd need a chunk of change. We might crowdfund for that; if there is enough interest we are in, if not - no harm no foul.

EAST COAST MERMAIDS & MERMEN:
    1) The Greensboro Aquatic Center​ has posted the June calendar. I recommend the following days for Triad Merfolk​ gatherings:

Wednesday 6/3, 6/10: Diving Well from 10am-Noon*
    Wednesday 6/17, 6/24 Competition (Lap Pool) from 11am-1pm

On Sunday 6/14 and 6/21 the Diving Well is open from 10:30-5pm but is restricted to two lanes due to swim meets. Guilford County schools let out on 6/16 so I recommend meeting on Sunday 6/14 from 11am-1pm.

* - The Diving well is 17' deep, 83ºF, and occasionally has underwater speakers and bubble curtains. It's a wonderful experience!

2) The Greensboro Science Center​ will be holding a World Oceans Day Celebration on Saturday, June 6 from 10am - 2pm
    http://www.greensboroscience.org/eve...ay/index.shtml

http://greensboroaquaticcenter.com/s...une%202015.pdf

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I live in Winston Salem!

Can I join at the GSO aquatics center on the 17th?? I am a newer Mermaid in winston salem looking for a pod to hang out with. Mermaid Victoria

I would be interested in a January Mer-gathering!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid V View Post
    Can I join at the GSO aquatics center on the 17th?? I am a newer Mermaid in winston salem looking for a pod to hang out with. Mermaid Victoria
    Absolutely! The cost for admission is only $5, though you can buy a 6-pass card for $25 or become a member, of course!

awesome! I look forward to meeting you all on the 17th!!
    Mermaid victoria

Hello! Im Meralki Sparks! Or just Mermaid Alki I guess. Still working on the name. Anyways, I thought I would drop in and say hello! Im moving to the south Charlotte area next week, for reasons ranging from personal desires to simply wanting a better life then the one I have currently. Im currently saving up for a full tail, but I have been swimming and freediving with a decently sized monofin for a few years now. I hope I can get to know any fellow merfolk in Charlotte or the surrounding areas such as Greensboro. I look forward to hearing from anyone about swim meetups and tips/tricks for the NC Area.
    I'm a MtF trans Mermaid, I hope nobody is put off by something like that. Just thought I'd mention it before I possibly get invited to meets and then people get surprised when I show up.
    Anyways! Best wishes and safe swimming!!
    ~ Mermaid Alki.

Welcome! There's a fairly large amount of merfolk in your area, so I'm sure you'll have lots of swimming opportunities! We have several trans mers on here as well, you're not alone c: you should make an introduction thread!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Good evening everyone! Mermaid Ashley here. I am extremely new to this. I haven't order my first tail yet but will be with in the next month. After it arrives I would love to meet up for a swim! I am a plus size mermaid so I hope that is not offensive for anyone. I am looking forward to the meeting next January but I hope to get some practice in first. Also any tips for a newbie would be much appreciated!