Thread: Cheap Competitor Monofin?

Cheap Competitor Monofin?

What is the cheapest competitor monofin you have found? I found this one
    http://www.freedivinginstructors.com...&category_id=1

But I was hoping for something cheaper. Where do you get yours? And does a rapid or wave monofin work and look nice too?

I love my rapid and I got it for about forty or fifty dollars from someone of off mernetwork who was getting a bigger one. I can't help you with the competitor because all the ones I've found are two hundred and up
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

That's actually not a real competitor fin hun, it's a model 1 monofin from waterway.

Or a sports monofin from Leaderfin That's what i use and I love to swim with it

Can I buy from leaderfin in the states?

http://www.leaderfins.com/ <= there website and it's this one (http://www.leaderfins.com/product.php?id_product=246) in yellow (it's actually clear/white) that I have and there send then everywhere that's needed

Im pretty sure thats about as cheap as it gets for a fiberglass fin. Those things are pricey!!! I'm in the same dilemma as you actually, but I think i'm just gonna go with a wave and use tin snips to get those annoying ridges off it haha. Since i'm getting a fish butts silicone mermaid tail,and thats expensive for a 15 year old (I know its an AMAZING price for a silicone tail but mum and dad don't lolz) I don't really want to spend that extra money!!

No kidding! That is cool that you are getting a silcone tail. I want one! I am planning ona neoprene one. I am thinking about just spending the money.

I got a wave and used it by itself for awhile, but when I put it in a tail I just cut the ridges off so its a bit harder to notice under the fabric.
    As far as competitor monofins go (specifically) the cheapest ones I have found are on ebay at around $220.
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla of Duluth View Post
    That's actually not a real competitor fin hun, it's a model 1 monofin from waterway.
    What do you mean? I don't get the difference between the different kinds of competitor sized monofins.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Marissa View Post
    What do you mean? I don't get the difference between the different kinds of competitor sized monofins.
    Well I think what she means is.. There are different type of brands of Monofins, alot of manufacturers.
    One of the popular manufacturer is Finis and they have a model type called the "Finis Competitor" And that's the one that's being used often in tails.
    The one you found was a "Model 1" monofin from the manufacturer "Waterway" :3 Which is a cheaper fin to start with than the Competitor from Finis.

I have a Waterway, Model 1 Medium Stiffness Monofin and love love love it!!!

"I am a siren, a mermaid"

Please follow me on FaceBook !