Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tail Travel

There's a bit on that in this thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3108

Wingιd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yes, Lexia is making me a bag- which will change my life. LOL we literally change me into my tail in the back of the car hahaha and then carry me out to the kids. Sometimes I've had to hide it under things and take it to a location to swim. It doesn't fit in any bag, any type of luggage, and even extra large garbage bags don't work (I'd rather stay away from those anyway) as it stands, I have mastered the back seat mermaid shimmy. LOL

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Hey Lexia, I'm very interested in a tail bag, I think my tail is about the size of Raina's tail, so if you ever sell a good and stable tail bag, please let me know!!!
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. It΄s the rough times that make what you are!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Definitely. Still working on the prototype, trying to find just the right fabric to line the tail pocket with. Its a backpack style bag and also has pockets for everything a mermaid needs: accessories, sunblock, etc. If I've got time this weekend, I'll post pictures of what I've got so far
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

I would love a specialized tail bag. If it could be backpack style, and have wheels, I would buy one for sure!

currently i use a suitcase. That doesnt work for all tails tho, since some flukes wont fit. In that case, I've wrapped it in a sheet to hide it when transporting it in and out of the event.

Right now, I use an old navy bag that my mertender gave me. It fits my Fish Butts tail well, but when I get my new tail it likely won't fit. I can't wait to see the pictures, Lexia! I'd definitely be interested.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

I have a bag specifically for monofins/tails. It's cool.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I use suitcase for traveling by car if its northern AZ. bring my self-made tail stand to show the audience, and on plane trips,ive used a clear bag used for holding queen-sized bed sheets. every time i got through security, they check it.lol
    I used a vinyl bag for pheonix comicon(did an event at the cons hotels.hope to see some of you there next year) the bag was from a big sleeping bag and i could use it like a backpack.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Conclusion: This bag works awesome. It's backpack straps and shoulder strap was really easy to use. I can also probably fit 3 tails in there, at least. And I was allowed to bring it as a carry-on instead of checking it in. I'll probably embroider and customize my own designs onto it later, too. It looks easy enough to sew into.

Attachment 1424

Attachment 1425
    Could to measure this bag for me? I wonder if my tail or monofins would fit in here.
    Length across top, across bottom, the height and depth would be great! thank you!

In inches:

32 (length) | 27-28 (top) | 16 (bottom) | 2-3 (depth-top) | 5 (depth-bottom)

Hope that helps
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    In inches:

32 (length) | 27-28 (top) | 16 (bottom) | 2-3 (depth-top) | 5 (depth-bottom)

Hope that helps
    Thank you so much! This helps a lot!

If making bags for tails, water-proof lining would be really helpful, I'd be interested in buying one. I made one without such a lining and it's great, except when I have my dripping wet tail in it! I'm in the market for a monofin bag, but does anyone know if monofin bags have water-proof linings (none seem to have much in the way of descriptions or prices)? (I suppose I could just use a large plastic bag inside my bag.) I wish my fin was small enough to take on-board flights. It is wider than the allowed dimensions so I've always just checked it. My husband constructed a box with a slot for my tail and we line the box with cushion-y things to protect it and we check it and cross our fingers! So far so good!

Bag for tail?

hi everyone...
    so I did purchase a tail this week (silicone tail from mermaids r us) and I am wondering how to get it from place to place..
    what do you use?

I use an old school navy dress blues garment bag, it's super heavy duty and HUGE. :-) Not perfect, I plan on altering it/making one for my tail.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

so far, I've just set it on the seat and made sure no one touches it, rather that or keep it in my lap
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Art portfolio. I have to bend the tips of my fluke over for the zipper to close.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    I was wondering this as well. I want to take my new tail with me to Florida when we go in May. We are flying so my dad suggested getting a seperate smaller suitcase and carrying it on?

What about those monofin bags that are like $50? would that work maybe?
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

Member Undisclosed Pod TheSolitarySiren's Avatar

Follow TheSolitarySiren on Tumblr
    It's best to use an art portfolio bag and to place pillow for padding in it to secure your tail. Monobags do not hold the tail in properly because of the weight of the silicone and the largeness of the fluke. Although, it may fit with some squeezing. Other than that, I'm developing a bag specifically for mermaid tails that I hope to share soon. Til then, I wish you luck.
    Just a loner mermaid from the far edges of the sea. Don't mind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalon View Post
    hi everyone...
    so I did purchase a tail this week (silicone tail from mermaids r us) and I am wondering how to get it from place to place..
    what do you use?
    I just use a large trash bag. Now that I've removed the monofin from my tail a few times, I thought that'd make it easier, but I don't want to mess up my monofin by taking it out of the tail all the time. (Is that something I should worry about, btw? It's a Finis Rapid that came with my Mermagica tail.) The trash bag works okay, but eventually I might figure something out since I don't want to waste trash bags and my main source of transportation is the bus.