Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3804

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Can anyone link to the different style of Finfolk flukes? I am an unabashed photo-stalker of their work but I feel like there are styles being mentioned that I have yet to see? Maybe I just don't know their names. Can someone offer guidance?

*Edit: Because, well might as well ask another question if I'm going to be taking up this much blank space:

I'm heaps keen to get into the Finfolk production schedule. We began corresponding 3 months ago, and I was ready to order at the point but it still hasn't officially happened. This is not a complaint. Just curious to know how long it took other people, in the last year or so, to be booked?
    Last edited by Mermaid Salty; 01-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Junior Member Pod of New England Dustweb's Avatar
    Hi Salty! I contacted the girls in July 2016. They answered a few questions for me and were really upfront that they were considering not taking new orders for awhile, but they could add me to the production calendar as long as I was okay with a 12+ month wait time. I didn't mind and paid my deposit that night. I had my BaseCamp invite within the week. I think they go in order based on the date the deposit is paid. Someone else may be able to confirm.

I'm not sure what they decided about custom orders - I noticed the website says their silicone tails are sold out? I bet if you email them with another "READY TO ORDER" subject line, they'll get back to you to let you know what the status is. Good luck!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    @Jake Can't wait to see what your tail comes out to be

@Mermaid Salty

They haven't updated their templates in years. But here are the following flukes:

Lagoon (I have only seen this on one mer and it's rather old so not sure if it's been "retired")
    Realistic
    Lorenna
    Lotus
    Calypso (new vs old cut lorena)
    Betta (this template does not have the smaller scales gradient; older style)
    Luna (only one has been done)
    Mythic (I'm including this even though it's just tied to the Mythic line)
    Customize (You pay like $500 which is more the cost of the mold and creativity ability)

I don't think I'm missing any BUT there's a few unnamed ones and what I call "fluke extensions" since they're more like add ons to the Lorenna fluke more often than not. I'll post actual photos since they're a little hard to explain:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 8.12.10 PM.png
Views: 6928
Size:  727.7 KB
    Source: Finfolk

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 8.13.20 PM.png
Views: 1026
Size:  692.2 KB
    Source: WW Mermaids

There's also the new fluke that's yet to come out that's based on a goldfish. I know the mers getting this fluke and it's supposed to be a surprise so I'm keeping quiet until it's posted officially. However I don't know if it'll be available to everyone (I'm not sure if you could monopolize a custom). I'm finding it hard to explain right now.

I believe that's all the flukes they've done and continue to do. They've stopped really old ones, like the leaf ones.

*~*~*

As for contacting them for silicone I waited for two weeks (just checked cause I thought it was longer), sent a follow up email, before I heard back and was added to basecamp the next day (I was at work at the time and was ecstatic to say the least). That was in August/September 2016. I had inquired some things before but those were just questions and honestly I didn't think I would be able to order a tail from them. I've heard back twice since then, one of which was the end of the year update they sent out.

I would assume they've cut down what they're accepting right now to 1. catch up and 2. mythic but it never hurts to shoot a "READY TO ORDER" email and see what happens as long as you're ready to order obviously. And yes you should capitalize it. I do know they are trying to cut down their waiting time but to do so involves getting through everything they're accumulated so far.

*~*~*

Another side note, I did order new leggings and have yet to hear about those. I did get my Black Friday ones in a timely matter, I'd have to check actual dates, but I don't think it was any longer than what I've had to wait for Amazon stuff.

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Thank you both very much for your replies. I have sent follow ups (all subjects READY TO ORDER - no issues there whatsoever), I've sent one just recently. My eager mind wonders how often is appropriate to email them
    I also appreciate that they're probably stupid busy right now. The mythic tails are so beautiful and so popular! I will try to be patient but it is so hard to contain my excitement.

Mer Coralia, thank you so much for listing those designs, I'll have some fun searching. I've seen the first fluke extensions before, but not the second! These girls continue to delight.

Thanks again for the advice.

*Edits: Spelling

Does anyone know whether their design center for full silicone tails will come back? I can't find it on their regular website.

Junior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Ripple's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Ripple on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Ripple on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Ripple's Youtube Channel
    I have the round scales on my tail and I do love them quite a lot :3
    Name:  SarahSovereignPhotography_Ripple(64).jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  212.0 KB
    Find me on:
    FB: www.facebook.com/mermaidripple
    Instagram: @ripplethemermaid
    Tumblr: mermaid-ripple
    Formerly known as BabyDot

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ripple View Post
    I have the round scales on my tail and I do love them quite a lot :3
    Name:  SarahSovereignPhotography_Ripple(64).jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  212.0 KB
    I love the round scales too! Your tail is lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I know that with the new Mythic Tails mermaids have been wanting Finfolk to make tops to go with the tails, etc. Well... I found something interesting by accident today... I have been looking on Organic Armor's site because I am interested in how they make their armor and they have made armor for several merfolk. I just happened to click on one of their articles talking about what they did in 2016 and what they plan on doing in 2017. Here is one thing they said for 2017:
    In cooperation with Finfolk Productions – silicone mermaid tops!
    Source: http://organicarmor.com/2016/12/look...oking-forward/

I definitely want a mermaid armor top.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

^Damn that's a GOOD find, Alea. Now I also really want one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk

Oh that is cool. Maybe more mermaid armour?

The crustacean belt is neat.

Has anyone gotten any updates lately about the silicone tails? It looks like they're wrapping up shipping out the Mythic Tails so hopefully we'll get to see some new silicone tails soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Has anyone gotten any updates lately about the silicone tails? It looks like they're wrapping up shipping out the Mythic Tails so hopefully we'll get to see some new silicone tails soon.
    Not on my end at least. I've sent them a couple of emails n messages on Basecamp for a couple of months now but no replies thus far Hopefully will hear from them soon.

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NaiaMarina View Post
    Not on my end at least. I've sent them a couple of emails n messages on Basecamp for a couple of months now but no replies thus far Hopefully will hear from them soon.

Nothing on my end either. I last heard from them I think was in November. Hopefully after the Mythic tail and apparel shipments and MerMania being over, we will hear from them soon! 🤞🏻

I really wanted to go to NC MerMania too to meet the twins and basically fangirl over them and their amazing art skills lol! But it wasn't in my budget. hopefully next year!

Quote Originally Posted by badkidbebe View Post
    Nothing on my end either. I last heard from them I think was in November. Hopefully after the Mythic tail and apparel shipments and MerMania being over, we will hear from them soon! 🤞🏻

I really wanted to go to NC MerMania too to meet the twins and basically fangirl over them and their amazing art skills lol! But it wasn't in my budget. hopefully next year!

I wanted to go too! It's about a 7 hour drive and I was really considering leaving work on Friday and driving straight there. I'm sure I'll have my tail by next year and will hopefully get to go.

Same! I rather put that money towards the tail (and some tops ) so I didn't go either, plus I much rather go with my silicone tail than a fabric tail.

I am hoping to attend Kelpstock though since that's way closer for me.

I doubt that I'll hear back anytime soon for silicone orders since they want to try and knock out all those people who have been waiting a year plus and start decreasing the overall wait time for everyone.

Hi everyone any updates on the Finfolk front? I read that they have been answering emails so was wondering if any full silicone customers are getting closer to working on their tails?

Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Hi y'all!

No news one getting started on my tail just yet but I did update them on changing the color concept of my tail. I went from dominantly pink to dominantly black lol! I'm a chameleon and my hair color changes so much so something like black with pearl highlight/glitter/iridescent will go with anything lol! I might wanna add some color for that pop but I'll see what they say. With that new and abrupt change, they did respond with excitement and are anxious as well to start back on creating silicone tails starting this month (per their social media post today!) wooooo!!!!!!

Also I changed from Calypso to Lotus fluke! My gut instinct is saying get the Lotus. I keep looking at different photos of it and my heart lies in that style fluke lol!

Junior Member Pod of New England Dustweb's Avatar
    I am so excited to see your tail design, badkidbebe!

I've changed my design a few times myself, but I have at least a few months to go before my production date. It's so hard to decide! I might need more than one! ��

Quote Originally Posted by badkidbebe View Post
    Hi y'all!

No news one getting started on my tail just yet but I did update them on changing the color concept of my tail. I went from dominantly pink to dominantly black lol! I'm a chameleon and my hair color changes so much so something like black with pearl highlight/glitter/iridescent will go with anything lol! I might wanna add some color for that pop but I'll see what they say. With that new and abrupt change, they did respond with excitement and are anxious as well to start back on creating silicone tails starting this month (per their social media post today!) wooooo!!!!!!

Also I changed from Calypso to Lotus fluke! My gut instinct is saying get the Lotus. I keep looking at different photos of it and my heart lies in that style fluke lol!

Oooo sounds so cool! I can't wait to see it badkidbebe! My tail is also going to have an iridescent feel to it. Yay! Yea I also had a quick response from them and will be updated soon on my new production month. I'm getting excited again!

Quote Originally Posted by NaiaMarina View Post
    Oooo sounds so cool! I can't wait to see it badkidbebe! My tail is also going to have an iridescent feel to it. Yay! Yea I also had a quick response from them and will be updated soon on my new production month. I'm getting excited again!

WOOOO!!!! I'm SOOOO EXCITED to see your tail! This is gonna sound so weird but I feel like a groupie stalking FF and anyone with a FF tail. I just get so excited to see such amazing work the twins do and to see the mers who own the tail put them in action! I hope to do some underwater photo shoots with my tail and swim all the time with it!

Page 174 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast