Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River monsters mermaid episode to come?

River monsters mermaid episode to come?

Okay, while I was upstairs in my room today , my mom and dad yelled up to me about a commercial I just missed about the show River Monsters. The commercial was for the new season coming up and apparently there was a mermaid in it! I just questioned my mom about it (trying to get out of her every little detail) and she says it was a video shot by someone else, of a mermaid sitting on a rock (the filmed was above it) and she said it slid off of the rock Into the water and you saw its tail and ten she says the filmed said " WHAT THE F*CK?!" And then they alternated the video to the host catching fish and talking about fish. I still haven't had the chance to see this commercial, and my mom and dad didn't catch an air date, but I'm looking for a video anywhere on the Internet.

also, sorry about typos, im on my phone right now and I'm typing really fast so that I don't forget any information

EDIT: just realize I put this in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Mermaid Momo; 05-03-2013 at 12:09 AM.

ah I love that show XD I havn't seen the add either (but I'm down in Australia so we might not get it for a while)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I saw it! Its a "monster week" like shark week I guess leading up to a new season of river monsters and a new documentary about mermaids called Mermaids: The New Evidence, I am assuming like "Mermaids:the body found".
    It supposed to start May the 20th.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I love that show, that would be awesome!

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    That show always gave me shivers!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    My Mom watches the show an she told me about it. I am looking forward to watching it.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    I saw the preview, looks like he's in the Amazon... Likely about the local mermaid legend, the Yara. She's supposed to lure men to her, because she's lonely. If they go to her, she brings them down to her home under the water, and his every wish is cared for for the rest of his natural life (except leaving. He can never leave)

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Did anyone catch the date the show would be playing? I kinda missed that part

I saw that ad the other night. Dacora is right, it is its own little special and premieres May 20th.

I found a monster week schedule (though in dont know If it was for other monster weeks or this one) but I can go give it a look again and see if I can find it.

Chesapeake Pod
    I saw this commercial the other night. I don't think it is specifically for River Monsters, I believe it is for a second documentary that interlinks with animal planets MERMAIDS: The body found. I can't think of the name at the moment.. Mermaids: new proof or something?? Don't mind me, I'm sleepy :P lol
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Here's what Animal planet says on their website: (you can follow the link to read it yourself)

"ANIMAL PLANET'S MONSTER WEEK SLITHERS BACK TO THE SMALL SCREEN MAY 20-27 WITH 24 PREMIERE HOURS OF ALL-NEW SPECIALS
    --The Much-anticipated Follow-up to Last Year's Investigation, MERMAIDS: THE NEW EVIDENCE, Premieres Sunday, May 26, at 10 PM -- "

so there you go..thats the time and date it is supposed to be on. I will be DVR-ing it for sure.
    here's the website:
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...nimalplanet01/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I just don't understand something though. The goverment officially announced that mermaids do not exist a while back. My question is how can they say something like this when they themselves don't know for sure. Are they hiding mermaids like they do ET's ?
    Be Happy Swim Free

Anthony its a mockumentary lol...

Though I am wondering what this "mermaids: new evidence" is about..

please please PLEASE remember, the animal planet original mermaid thing, "The Body Found" is a mokumentary. 100% admitted by the creators. They even faked the government taking down their website, but the take down image was hosted from animal planet -_- so pleeeeeeeeeeeeease take whatever this "new evidence" in a grain of salt.

Duly noted. Forgot to mention; do they mean new evidence of sounds? Or is it gonna be all pseudoscience-y and theoretical again?

As I put the description in a few responses back. Animal planet says tht it's a follow up of last years. Meaning another mockumentary people

I got like 100 emails when it aired -_- OMG DID YU KNOW MERMAIDS ARE TEH REALZ OMG!!11111 lol I groan everytime I hear it now

Yay more pseudoscience and theories! Those are always fun to listen to. Despite it not being REAL science

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Someone snagged the commercial:

(Formerly known as Æolius)