Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2340

Thread: The Happy Thread!

Congrats! That's really exciting, Saoirse
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Congrats Celeste and Saoirse.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Here I thought today was going to the an ordinary boring Friday. I'm so glad I am wrong. This week started sour with one of my job cutting hours because of bankruptcy, burning out working 70 hours in a single week at both jobs, accidently bruising my head on on a hanger rack (only happen to tall people), and a being threaten by a coworker because I proved to him I do in fact work harder than him. But with all that, I'm so excited. None of that stuff matters now.

For about a month I've been trying to find a way to go to a spring and test out the hybrid tail. One of my older computer customer asked for help and I went to his house and helped him with the computer. I never charged him because his computer issue is so minor that I just can't honestly charge anyone that takes two click to fix. He notice that something was on my my mind and I told him I'm fine. He didn't believe me but saw my Mer of Lakeland folder on my laptop and asked what was that folder about. I explain that folder is all the pictures taken off my camera and my friend camera of our time swimming. He was confused about it but when she saw some of the video and the fact I was more relaxed showing them that he straight up asked why isn't there no spring pictures and only pool. I explain to him that the van I drive is good for in town but will overheat if driven for extended period and the nearest spring that isn't filled with fish poo is over 1.5 hours away. He thought about it for a moment and told me he can bring me on March 30th but he refuses to take any money for the trip because I never ever charged him for a computer job. He will allow me to buy him lunch.

This 80 year old guy told me he want to impress one if his lady friend in the trailer park so he bringing company. He want me to see if I can get some people to meetup to swim with me (mer meetup ) so I can get some spring pictures as he want to see me get big in Lakeland. I did explain to him I did have a more realistic looking tail that I want to bring to the spring and he was impressed with the picture of the tail made by Mazu. I can finally use that tail that day That one of the reason I'm excited. The other reason I'm excited is one of the mermaid going is one that I looked up to for awhile now. I'll let her reveal herself if she want to. Once I get out of work on Monday, I just need to go to the eye doctor place and use my eye insurance to order a new pair of glasses before that one job goes out from bankruptcy. Having the extra pair of glasses means I can have at least one picture with the glasses on swimming which I was inspired by Faithonthebass because she makes it look so natural swimming with them. Sorry for the large paragraph everyone but this made my whole month.

PS
    Just on a walking tour through the YMCA, I talked them into allowing monofins. That puts me one step closer to mer tails if I become a member there.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I ordered my first steel boned corset yesterday! I finally ordered one because I've always been into corsets from a very young age (about 10 years old) and I decided to get a proper one! It's a black brocade steampunk underbust corset which should be here on the 10th of April.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I got an email this morning telling me that my corset shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

I found the perfect dress for my mermaid sona when on land! The blue is similar to my tail color and its so flowy and perfect. I even got it at half price!
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

A good deal always makes everything better

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ava View Post
    I found the perfect dress for my mermaid sona when on land! The blue is similar to my tail color and its so flowy and perfect. I even got it at half price!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ava View Post
    You should take a picture I wanna see!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I plan on it lol xD Just gotta remember actually do so lol. Haven't had a chance to add any of my mermaid flair to it but hopefully that will happen soon.
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

I straightened my hair for the first time in MONTHS and when I looked at myself in the mirror I realized I finally grew it down past my elbows! That may not sound very exciting for you guys but this was always a personal goal for me since I usually cut my hair one or twice a year. I haven't cut it since I had my daughter and she's a year and a half now. My next goal is to add another foot so I can do Katara hair with all natural hair.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra1337 View Post
    I straightened my hair for the first time in MONTHS and when I looked at myself in the mirror I realized I finally grew it down past my elbows! That may not sound very exciting for you guys but this was always a personal goal for me since I usually cut my hair one or twice a year. I haven't cut it since I had my daughter and she's a year and a half now. My next goal is to add another foot so I can do Katara hair with all natural hair.
    Congrats and I can relate. My hair is so dry and the ends get damaged so bad I have to cut at least 2 to 3 inches off every year. I really hope I can get my hair longer too. I am trying to resist from cutting it and it's finally getting down to the middle of my upper arm!

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Congrats on the hair growth, Hydra! I tried to let mine grow out once but it's too thin to maintain without severe breakage once it gets past my shoulder blades. That's really cool that you were able to get it that long as well as have a goal to do Katara eventually! I loved watching ATLA when I was younger.

I got a text from Erin yesterday that they started pouring the silicone for my tail! I'm super excited since I had been expecting it to start maybe early or mid April. Good thing I have the money for shipping already ahahaha
    I should get my hands on some video editing software that actually works for me this time. There's no way that I'm not going to do an unboxing video when Kelpie gets here.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

I've started growing my hair long too! It's past my shoulders, but it has a while to go before it reaches my elbows.
    Also, ATLA fans unite!
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Thanks, guys! Even though it's this long I have a MASSIVE amount of split ends to the point where I'm debating on going to a salon and having it trimmed a little. I haven't been to one in over five years and I don't really take good care of my hair so the split ends are totally my own fault. haha

On another note tomorrow I'm ordering everything I need to start my fabric tail protoype!!! Since it's custom design fabric it'll take 9 to 12 days for my samples to be printed and another day or two to be shipped but I'm so excited! In spite of everything that happened to me yesterday (as noted in the B*tch it out thread) soon I'll be able to work on something that makes me truly happy.

deviantArt
    Etsy

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    Thanks, guys! Even though it's this long I have a MASSIVE amount of split ends to the point where I'm debating on going to a salon and having it trimmed a little. I haven't been to one in over five years and I don't really take good care of my hair so the split ends are totally my own fault. haha

On another note tomorrow I'm ordering everything I need to start my fabric tail protoype!!! Since it's custom design fabric it'll take 9 to 12 days for my samples to be printed and another day or two to be shipped but I'm so excited! In spite of everything that happened to me yesterday (as noted in the B*tch it out thread) soon I'll be able to work on something that makes me truly happy.
    I'm really happy for you that you're going to get that tail started! I hope the samples for the custom fabric turn out okay. It would be a shame to have to make more adjustments to it after you've already gotten the first samples.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Thanks! With the reviews I've seen from the sports lycra on Spoonflower it looks like they'll print almost true to color. It's mainly the darker designs I'm a little sketchy on (my own paranoia tbh) but getting a swatch sampler book will help out a lot. I always keep my PSD files so that anything that needs fixing can be adjusted easily.

deviantArt
    Etsy

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Yaaay!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Guess who ordered a swatch sampler?!

deviantArt
    Etsy

Congrats

Guess who ordered a swatch sampler?!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Page 106 of 117 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast