Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Questions Kids Ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    When kids asks questions I tell a mix of the truth and fantasy. I shed my tail like a snake skin when I dry out, so when I'm in water I'm a mermaid, but on land I'm human. I'm an aquatic mammal because I'm warm blooded and breathe air like whales, but I'm not a cetacean, I'm my own weird category kind of like a platypus.
    So, like a selkie? Cool!
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Just want to say thanks for making this thread, it'll definitely help when I start swimming in my tail!

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lilija's Avatar
    This was so much fun to read!!

Here are some questions I had & my answer

I saw you walking with legs earlier, how is that possible?
    I can transform from human to mermaid and from mermaid to human. Most of the time I tell them nobody can look at the transformation otherwise the spell wouldn't work.

Can I have a race?
    Most of the time I say yes of course. I only make up an excuse when I already swam for a few hours and when I am just tired.

Why can't you hold your breath underwater forever? (I can stay underwater pretty long but they ask why I can't stay there)
    I answer with that I am part human so I have lungs. I still need to breath like a normal human. I can't stay forever underwater.

Do you have a pirate boyfriend?
    Since my mersona is from the north I say that I fell in love with a nordic man. Most kids find it very interesting, it is different from the basic pirate & mermaid stories. So they quite enjoy the stories I tell about the adventures I made with people from the north.

Why does your haircolor change? (I dye my hair very often in different colors like now it is bright green)
    I say I enjoy color and that I can make my hair change with a spell. It doesn't depend on my mood or something just the color I like at that moment. A girl asked me a week ago about my green hair and I said, that I discovered magic seaweed and it's magic fused into me leaving my hair green.

This is an awkward question from an 8 year old.
    Why do you have a top on? Mermaids are naked right?
    I just answered with that we are just like humans. We don't want everybody to see our private parts.

Some kids are so weird asking about where my parents are and how I was born Once a child asked my fiancee how it was in bed with a mermaid?!?! How did a nine year old came up with this

Arctic_Spirit_Nixii - from Belgium

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I'm a bit late to the party, but this is a hilarious and eye-opening thread! :P
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

I've now been for a few swims, during one this precious little 3 going on 4 year old girl asked me how old I was, and when I replied that I was 210 years old she looked very surprised and said "wow! You're really big" I just laughed and said "yes I am." She was so cute though!

Junior Member Pod of The South DDsweetie's Avatar

Follow DDsweetie on Tumblr
    I took my tail out in public the first time today and this thread helped a lot!

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app

♡DD Sweetie♡