Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

That theory makes an incredible amount of sense, actually. :P I've been just writing it off in my head as "kid's show; we'll never find out."

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMage108 View Post
    Okay... So Im just going to ask it:
    How the *bleep* are the merpeople breeding?? Okay, so according to Erik the mermen have been procreating on land which either means 1) they are literally mating with eachother and birthing more mermen OR 2) they are breeding with human females which seems more likely. HOWEVER if it is the latter, doesn't that mean the mermaids would haveto breed with human men to birth more mermaids? Judging by how anti-human they are, I don't think this is the case at all, so for now I am going to go with either the merpeople can procreate with either gender or...there is some kind of...moon magic going on...
    Has anyone else thought about this?
    Hahaha Sea Mage! You have really been giving this a lot of thought, lately huh! I always imagined that the merfolk procreated with each other or the species would die off.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel
    It is likely that they come from eggs. In the new part of the season released they kept referring to the young mermaid as a hatchling!

~~FableMade Studio ~~

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    Good point Nyx. I loved Neppie, so sweet. I noticed you never saw her tail on screen, I'm guessing she only had a mermaid top.

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

I think Neppie had swimming scenes actually, I remember something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Okay... So Im just going to ask it:
    How the *bleep* are the merpeople breeding?? Okay, so according to Erik the mermen have been procreating on land which either means 1) they are literally mating with eachother and birthing more mermen OR 2) they are breeding with human females which seems more likely. HOWEVER if it is the latter, doesn't that mean the mermaids would haveto breed with human men to birth more mermaids? Judging by how anti-human they are, I don't think this is the case at all, so for now I am going to go with either the merpeople can procreate with either gender or...there is some kind of...moon magic going on...
    Has anyone else thought about this?
    I have literally just gotten to the 3rd episode in the season and was thinking this exact same thing. Also, if mermen grow up in foster families... how the heck do they learn to control their powers? Is it innate? The mermaids seem to be taught in their pods.

I swear I watched the episode just the other day and saw her in a tail when she crawled up on the rocks to hide from the boys on the beach, I was watching the episode to try and figure out if they had made her a tail (an extended tail on a young kid sounds really difficult though and a swimming scene with it sounds tough) but I can't prove it as I'm too lazy to look it up on Netflix. I found a video clip of someone compiling Neppy's scenes in the episode, but that had no tail.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Poor mermen, living in a sexist society. That's okay, boys, you can come home with ME.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    Poor mermen, living in a sexist society. That's okay, boys, you can come home with ME.
    Hahahaha Seavanna! That's the most gracious invitation a lot of us mermen have had in a while!

I don't remember her tail showing

The scene you mentioned MerEmma I found some screenshots from it. . This does show a child-sized tail but you don't see the tail in any of the shots where Neppy swims. I know the mermaids had a tail for swimming and a tail for stationary shots, so I'm guessing that she only had one for that scene and not one that she swam in.

Last edited by Mermaid Neri Elvina; 05-02-2015 at 05:59 AM.
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMage108 View Post

Honestly, I am just to going to stay with the assumption that mermen mate with mermen and leave the babies on doorsteps or something and mermaids mate with mermaids because its easier to grasp.
    The only way this could even remotely be possible would be if the merpeople were all hermaphrodites.

Maybe they didn't think it through at all beforehand and make up stuff as they go along.
    In the end, it might all not make sense at all, which would be a disappointment, but the story isn't that well written anyway if you're honest

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    If anyone is interested, the animated series H2O Mermaid Adventures, will be premiering before the second half of Mako Mermaids on the 22nd of May.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Is that Netflix exclusive?

Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Maybe Eric is a 1000 year old merman. Folklore says merfolk live for a very long time.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    The only way this could even remotely be possible would be if the merpeople were all hermaphrodites.

Maybe they didn't think it through at all beforehand and make up stuff as they go along.
    In the end, it might all not make sense at all, which would be a disappointment, but the story isn't that well written anyway if you're honest
    Yeah, I don't think you're going to find any break-thru biological answers there!

Yeah. I like to agree with Echidna's theory, but this whole topic is just confusing. Maybe a female lays eggs, maybe 20 or so, and they are all females, except for a few rare cases, where there is a male. This male is then abandoned. and somehow finds a human family to live with, through something like washing up on the beach or something, with legs. Don't ask me how.

{(¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.»BRINGING GRAVITY FALLS AND MERMAIDS TOGETHER SINCE...erm...2014! «.,¸_¸,.·*¨¯)}
    If you're a Gravity Falls fan, why don't you check out my blog?
    https://ageekgirlsblogofawesomeness.wordpress.com/

Formerly known as SeaStarShimmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    Perhaps. after the war of merman and mermaids. A mermaid having a son would deff be a no, no. perhaps it was forbidden. so then the mothers send their sons to land.. this may be done multiple ways. the mother may even walk on shore. who knows but all will be revealed in the second half. due 29th May.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

I finished watching Mako Mermaids on Netflix just recently and I really love it. I can't wait for the second half!!!

I was really sad to see Nixie and Lyla gone in the second season, but the new girls in season two are growing on me.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Counting down the days to the second half... can't wait!

{(¯¨*·.,¸_¸,.»BRINGING GRAVITY FALLS AND MERMAIDS TOGETHER SINCE...erm...2014! «.,¸_¸,.·*¨¯)}
    If you're a Gravity Falls fan, why don't you check out my blog?
    https://ageekgirlsblogofawesomeness.wordpress.com/

Formerly known as SeaStarShimmer

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    SPOILERS: Looks like Sirena won't be back either for the third season (not the episodes coming out May 29th) which means I'm guessing neither will David. Also looks like Eric isn't in the picture which makes sense if he's going to turn out to be the villain this season.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin