Thread: More Mer-folk coming up for air in UK waters..

More Mer-folk coming up for air in UK waters..

Hi everyone, I'm Meurgen, and I live in London (the Thames of course) in the UK

Myself and a couple of others are going to be mermaiding soon hopefully, we currently don't have any tails, but we are packed full of ideas at least! I have to say though, it is a real shame that the UK doesn't have all the amazing facilities that the USA does for mermaiding. From what I can tell there are tons of lovely looking lakes, rivers, springs, aquariums and coasts to swim around in over there - it makes me so jealous! Haha.

Who else is around here? <3
    ~~~
    Meurgen, also known as Eleae when she has legs.
    Currently avoiding the cold, murky and dirty waters of London, UK. Meurgen feels happier in clear and interesting waters.

Photographer, Cosplayer, and Mermaid hopeful!

http://www.facebook.com/EleaeMN
    http://www.facebook.com/EleaeART
    @EleaeMN on twitter

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Welcome!

There are quite a few Uk-mers here, as you've probably seen.
    Merlesque is a fin-tastic mergroup.
    Maybe you can meet them?

Also, there are lots of beautiful spots to swim in the UK, I just read an article about "wild swimming", seen wonderful pictures there.
    You'll have to wait for summer, but that's everywhere the case except in the tropics

Welcome! Nice to see more mers from the UK on here!
    We do have some nice waters here it's just mainly stone cold though!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    That is so cool that you have friends who are also interested in tail swimming! Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    Welcome!

There are quite a few Uk-mers here, as you've probably seen.
    Merlesque is a fin-tastic mergroup.
    Maybe you can meet them?

Also, there are lots of beautiful spots to swim in the UK, I just read an article about "wild swimming", seen wonderful pictures there.
    You'll have to wait for summer, but that's everywhere the case except in the tropics
    Aw, I'd love to meet Merlesque, but we are quite a while away from one another sadly
    I don't know of any really nice waters to dip in here, everything I've ever seen has been so murky and nasty looking, I'll have to do more research I guess haha. Maybe if there's enough people we could organize a convention or meet up or something :P
    ~~~
    Currently avoiding the cold, murky and dirty waters of London, UK. Meurgen feels happier in clear and interesting waters.

@EleaeMN on twitter

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Welcome! I live at the other side of the sea and love to visit London, been there quite a few times already. To bad I'm not a strong swimmer otherwise I could cross the sea
    Your imagination is your only limit

Hi Meurgan! Nice to see some more UK mers around We're not that far away really; in fact one of our mers is based in London temporarily, and a good chunk of our gigs are London-based There's definitely some gorgeous places to swim in the UK but I would highly recommend waiting until summer for wild swimming... it can be pretty chilly even then! What first got you interested in mermaiding?
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ondine View Post
    Hi Meurgan! Nice to see some more UK mers around We're not that far away really; in fact one of our mers is based in London temporarily, and a good chunk of our gigs are London-based There's definitely some gorgeous places to swim in the UK but I would highly recommend waiting until summer for wild swimming... it can be pretty chilly even then! What first got you interested in mermaiding?
    Aw okay! Well once I get started mermaiding it'd be awesome to meet up and chat hehe. You'll have to gimme a list of places to check out then haha, maybe eventually we could all go together or something. Might be fun?
    I got interested through just watching vids of Mermaid Melissa on youtube - I've always loved mermaids though, unsure why I'm so drawn to them, but I love swimming anyway and I guess I just want to try it out! My boyfriend is up for doing it too, and a couple of others I know also. I'm in the process of gathering perfect fabrics for a tail currently, I'd like to make a silicone one, but I simply don't have the money yet :'(
    ~~~

@EleaeMN on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Meurgen View Post
    Aw okay! Well once I get started mermaiding it'd be awesome to meet up and chat hehe. You'll have to gimme a list of places to check out then haha, maybe eventually we could all go together or something. Might be fun?
    I got interested through just watching vids of Mermaid Melissa on youtube - I've always loved mermaids though, unsure why I'm so drawn to them, but I love swimming anyway and I guess I just want to try it out! My boyfriend is up for doing it too, and a couple of others I know also. I'm in the process of gathering perfect fabrics for a tail currently, I'd like to make a silicone one, but I simply don't have the money yet :'(
    Sounds fun! It's definitely nice swimming with a group.
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube

Junior Member Euro Pod sparkles's Avatar
    I live in nottingham. I'm hoping to have a tail by the summer. I'm in discussion with a couple of different tail makers but I think I'm going to go for finfolk productions, I'm currently slimming down so not going to order until start of feb as I don't want my tail to be too gappy on me,I'm holidaying in Florida then Bahamas in may so they have offered to ship it to my disney hotel in Florida to save on expensive shipping to uk which I thought was great. So excited would love to meet up for swims with others in the summer x does anyone have any experiences with pools allowing tails?

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    Why have I only just seen this page? Hi UK Mers. I am living in London. I don't know if anyone would be interested but I have contacted the LOndon school of diving and they said I am allowed to use their pool if any one would like to have a London trip. Let's arrange something.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    I live in nottingham. I'm hoping to have a tail by the summer. I'm in discussion with a couple of different tail makers but I think I'm going to go for finfolk productions, I'm currently slimming down so not going to order until start of feb as I don't want my tail to be too gappy on me,I'm holidaying in Florida then Bahamas in may so they have offered to ship it to my disney hotel in Florida to save on expensive shipping to uk which I thought was great. So excited would love to meet up for swims with others in the summer x does anyone have any experiences with pools allowing tails?
    Hurrah! Yeah that's a great idea for posting it - I'm hoping that if I buy a tail (which I doubt I would be able to afford), I could get my dad to bring it back with him when he comes back from Denver
    ~~~

@EleaeMN on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Why have I only just seen this page? Hi UK Mers. I am living in London. I don't know if anyone would be interested but I have contacted the LOndon school of diving and they said I am allowed to use their pool if any one would like to have a London trip. Let's arrange something.
    Oh wow, sweet! Once my friends and I have tails we will totally be up for this - Whereabouts in London are you? Just out of curiosity.
    ~~~

@EleaeMN on twitter

Junior Member Euro Pod sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meurgen View Post
    Hurrah! Yeah that's a great idea for posting it - I'm hoping that if I buy a tail (which I doubt I would be able to afford), I could get my dad to bring it back with him when he comes back from Denver
    Yeh that's would be better as you will also cut out all those expensive import duties. X

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Mhara's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Mhara on Facebook
    Hey guys!I live in Wales up on the Isle of Anglesey dunno if anyone else lives nearby?

I'd be willing for a meet anywhere really so long as it's to meet fellow mers and to have a chance to swim somewhere! Perhaps we could arrange something? Hiring an indoor pool somewhere perhaps?

Anyways I also have a little thingie I wanted to get out there: I live near a beach and for those not so fortunate who live in cities, or far from the sea I'd be happy to collect any shells, stones, sea glass, driftwood etc from nearby beaches and send them out to you guys by mail (I'd only ask for post costs - other than that I get a walk to the beach out of it so I wouldn't ask for money!)

Lovely to meet you all

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Add Meet A Mermaid on Facebook
    Hi Guys, I'm from Manchester. Definitely interested in a UK meet up x

At the end of October I'll be in London (MCM) for a long weekend

Yes, I'd love to meet up with you all somewhere in the UK soon!
    Hopefully I'll have a job in the next few weeks so I'll have money for travelling and things.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    Hello!

I live in Cornwall, but I do travel quite a bit. I need to get a tail though!