OK... AGAIN... I'm probably the last to have found this, and I probably missed a posting on it...

But I just watched this GREAT Youtube posting of an old (or recent?) ANIMAL PLANET episode called "Mermaid Found"
It was a "documentary" about how this Marine Biology Team (NOAA) discovered a strange underwater animal call (named the "Bloop" reel) in 1997, and when in 200(2?) a strange whale beaching occurs, they find out that the NAVY may be responsible for using a new underwater SONAR blast as a weapon-- and causing severe trauma to whales, dolphin and the like.
Well, according to this show, people witnessed "bodies" showing up in the beached whale masses... and the NAVY was going out of their way to cover it up. When NOAA listened to one of their underwater recording buoys to see if their suspicions about the NAVY using Sonar were correct, they heard a brand new recording of the "Bloop" sounds.

SO, long story short... this documentary was trying to support the Aquatic Ape Theory (which I actually prescribe to... at least to some degree). And they tried to build a case for the true existence of evolutionary aquatic humanids... a.k.a. mermaids.

Now... I watched this show with a grain or two of salt, cause it was obvious that there is some SERIOUS bunk going on here. A lot of BAD acting (not just in the reenactments but also in the "Doctors" and "scientists" they interviewed) and CGI seemed to run amok in the "actual footage" they presented (not just the normal CGI clips they do when they show animals they can't film: giant squid, dinosaurs, etc.).

So, I don't know how much, IF ANY, truth there is. Did they actually find a carcass? Was there even really a "Bloop" recording?
The government supposedly confiscated all evidence (conveniently), so who can say. BUT I DO like some of the what-ifs they pose, and if there IS any truth... it's pretty fantastic. So, I pose it to you guys... what do YOU think? Let's discuss!!

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ip9B...eature=related