Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 335

Thread: H2O: Just Add Water has a spin-off

  1. #1

    H2O: Just Add Water has a spin-off

    I know I'm probably late, but Jonathan M. Shiff is half reconsidering the fans demands on a new season. He's decided to make a spin-off of H2O instead, and this time, there will be a merman. Here's the link: http://if.com.au/2011/07/25/inprod/M...DSBAKTAGX.html

    It's still in the development stage, but will probably air somewhere in 2012.

  2. #2
    Yayy that's I great H2o is what set of my love for mermaids I cant wait to see it
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

  3. #3
    I always wanted Lewis to get a mer-tail.

  4. #4
    @ MermaidAubrin: Lol! Same here!
    Last edited by The Twilight Siren; 10-09-2011 at 06:05 PM.

  5. #5
    @ Mermaid Hamant: Unfortunately, the cast is new. Zac is one of the main characters. Then, there're the 3 mermaids: Sirena, Nixie, and Lyla. The H2O cast will have no important roles, seeing as their characters are already in college. Also Chleo, Emma, and Rikki are too grown to fit into their tails anymore. :'( It's kinda sad, but as a fan of H2O, I fully support Mako: Island of Secrets.
    Last edited by The Twilight Siren; 10-09-2011 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #6
    I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!

  7. #7
    well, I haven't seen H2O, but I feel like a lot of movies/TV that is mer-centric tends to run a bit on the "young" side because a lot of audience for mermaids is going to be young teen-y fans. (no offense meant to anyone... I don't think that there is anything negative in that marketing... that's just knowing your audience!!) But I look at movies like Fish Tales, or Aquamarine and know that I am unfortunately NOT the target audience hehehe.
    In fact, I persuaded my mother to come see Aquamarine with me because I didn't want to look like the scary old dude scamming on underage girls at the theatre. hehehe
    All that aside, I would love to hear of some mer-movies that are geared to an older audience being made.
    Anyone know when this new H2O is coming out? Is it a full series? Can you buy the original H2O series on DVD?

  8. #8
    You can find the original h20 series on the internet, mostly scattered in bits on every video site (an episode here...an episode there, an episode on youtube in three parts... :P) I watched the entire thing and any behind the scenes stuff I could find when I first got interested in mermaiding. Their tails look so realisic up close!

    Also, the description of this series says that the boy has "fin-like feet" Does this mean he is more of a frog man with scales than a merman? Just wondering.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!
    It's alright. Everyone has their own preferences, right?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidPandorah View Post
    You can find the original h20 series on the internet, mostly scattered in bits on every video site (an episode here...an episode there, an episode on youtube in three parts... :P) I watched the entire thing and any behind the scenes stuff I could find when I first got interested in mermaiding. Their tails look so realisic up close!

    Also, the description of this series says that the boy has "fin-like feet" Does this mean he is more of a frog man with scales than a merman? Just wondering.
    Not exactly. This Zac character apparently decides to camp out on Mako. The 3 new mermaids are keeping an eye on him, and when they attack him, he falls into the moon pool causing him to become a merman. If that's the boy you're talking about.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by merboy78xy View Post
    well, I haven't seen H2O, but I feel like a lot of movies/TV that is mer-centric tends to run a bit on the "young" side because a lot of audience for mermaids is going to be young teen-y fans. (no offense meant to anyone... I don't think that there is anything negative in that marketing... that's just knowing your audience!!) But I look at movies like Fish Tales, or Aquamarine and know that I am unfortunately NOT the target audience hehehe.
    In fact, I persuaded my mother to come see Aquamarine with me because I didn't want to look like the scary old dude scamming on underage girls at the theatre. hehehe
    All that aside, I would love to hear of some mer-movies that are geared to an older audience being made.
    Anyone know when this new H2O is coming out? Is it a full series? Can you buy the original H2O series on DVD?
    I agree that you're probably not the target age, I'm just getting out of that target group, but I must admit that the H2O tails are about as realistic as they come. It's one of the few reasons why I watched the entire show in the first place. The H2O spin-off is coming out in late 2012, and yes, it might be a full series. I think you can find the H2O DVDs on amazon or someplace. They have the 3 seasons on iTunes, but I suggest you get the DVD for the "making of" details.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!
    Did you just call a children's fantasy tv show immature? WTF Raina!? In all seriousness though I kinda felt the same way. It was good, but I wasn't really their audience and just saw it occasionally. This new show does sound cool though. Also I have a really invested interest in mainstreaming mermen, so this is definitely awesome. Frankly I'm skeptical. I can't believe audiences will watch a show that doesn't just have a merman in it, but he's the protagonist.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!
    I thought so to but I really wanted to see mermaid stuffs so I kept watching it
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

  14. #14
    That would suck to not fit into such a cool and expensive tail anymore... wow thats depressing

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Hamant View Post
    That would suck to not fit into such a cool and expensive tail anymore... wow thats depressing
    I completely agree.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    Moonflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    287
    YAY!!! I can't wait for it!!

    Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    Did you just call a children's fantasy tv show immature? WTF Raina!? In all seriousness though I kinda felt the same way. It was good, but I wasn't really their audience and just saw it occasionally. This new show does sound cool though. Also I have a really invested interest in mainstreaming mermen, so this is definitely awesome. Frankly I'm skeptical. I can't believe audiences will watch a show that doesn't just have a merman in it, but he's the protagonist.
    Lol. Give Raina a break, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But, I do agree with all of you. I only watched the show for the tails, and the vfx. As for the skepticism, you'll be surprised at how many fans outside the mer-community have asked for a merman in H2O.

  18. #18
    I admit that this show is one of my guilty pleasures ^_^ It's sugary and uncomplicated, like brain candy. Plus, Rikki reminds me so much of myself as a teenager, and her relationship with Zane was cute. I only watched the first few episodes of the third season, though, because the new girl they got just bored me to tears. I really admired the tails, they had a nice shape, really long and muscular with minimal knee articulation, and the color was really bright and pretty.

    I'd deffo be interested in giving the new series a shot, especially with the promise of a merman. Not in a 'perving on teenage boys' way, but just because I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to scaly freaks x)


    "An ocean without its unnamed monsters would be like a completely dreamless sleep."- John Steinbeck


  19. #19
    I remember from the behind the scenes clips that many fans wanted Lewis to become a merman.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckled Kisses View Post
    I remember from the behind the scenes clips that many fans wanted Lewis to become a merman.
    Yeah, I've heard about that all over the H2O forums, and on youtube. At least the fans are getting their wish of seeing a merman, even though it's not going to be Lewis.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •