Thread: email subscriptions non-stop :( HELP!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr

Angry email subscriptions non-stop :( HELP!

Photos too big, on celly. :'(

So I've unsubscribed to threads and have it on "never subscribe me", and I've also taken emails off however...
    It keeps sending me emails whenever anyone replies to any thread I've posted on the emails were flooding my message box and I'm already here every few hours so there's no need for notifications.... but still I keep receiving them via email. Even though I've cleared my subscriptions and haven't replied to anything, it'll resubscribe me D:

Help please.

You said you cleared your subscriptions, so you went to http://mernetwork.com/index/subscrip...ewsubscription and deleted all those subscriptions? Just checking, this is a step often overlooked.

Also, go to any thread and click "Go Advanced", then scroll down past the text box to "Subscription". Is the box for that automatically checked or unchecked?

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    You said you cleared your subscriptions, so you went to http://mernetwork.com/index/subscrip...ewsubscription and deleted all those subscriptions? Just checking, this is a step often overlooked.

Also, go to any thread and click "Go Advanced", then scroll down past the text box to "Subscription". Is the box for that automatically checked or unchecked?

I've done the clearing subs 4 times at least, it keeps subbing me every time I view or reply.

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    No, the subscribe box is not ticked in advance and it says "through my control panel only".

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Okay, so I cleared the subs again. Checked the advanced option on this and another thread that I had gotten an email for at 1am.

Within 12 hours, it like, defaults me and sends me back to subs. I've been battling this for a few days now.

Thinking about just bs.ing my email to not get the emails :/ I tried putting no email earlier but it said I couldn't.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    This also bugs the crap outta me, I hate that every single reply I get an email to that thread until I go into the settings and clear the subscriptions, I figure it's the vBulleton "brand" of forums and I haven't found a way to stop it yet. In fact the second I'm done replying to this, I'm deleting this subscription. The only one I want to hear from 24/7 is my Pod. I've gone through advanced settings, general settings, profile settings, nothing works to stop the auto-subscription the second I post. (This is all in Quick Post) But if you "Go Advanced", you can unsubscribe, I very rarely want to hit the go advanced button as everything I need to post is in the quick post. It's frustrating.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    it's funny I never get email notifications!

Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshy View Post
    This also bugs the crap outta me, I hate that every single reply I get an email to that thread until I go into the settings and clear the subscriptions, I figure it's the vBulleton "brand" of forums and I haven't found a way to stop it yet. In fact the second I'm done replying to this, I'm deleting this subscription. The only one I want to hear from 24/7 is my Pod. I've gone through advanced settings, general settings, profile settings, nothing works to stop the auto-subscription the second I post. (This is all in Quick Post) But if you "Go Advanced", you can unsubscribe, I very rarely want to hit the go advanced button as everything I need to post is in the quick post. It's frustrating.
    So glad I'm not the only one going through this.

The email change doesn't work. It just deactivates the account and you can't post :/

Interesting.. okay, I'll be going to vBulletin for troubleshooting. Until we get it sorted, try setting it to receive only daily or weekly emails and see if that works. That way if that works you'd only be getting a email once a day or once a week instead of a ton of them filling up your inbox.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Problem with that is that if you have no subscriptions, (or post in a thread you're not subscribed to) the settings are defaulted to immediate, you would have to keep the subscriptions, and set them all to once a day then not post in a new thread. I find it easier to just delete the subscriptions. I don't know if this is an issue for newer folks or if some just have the emails go to their spam, but for me its in my main inbox, and like I said, I just delete the subscriptions if that's the way it has to be.