Thread: Mermaid School?!?!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clarity's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Clarity on Tumblr

Mermaid School?!?!

Sorry for all the exclamation points but a friend on Facebook sent me this link:

http://news.distractify.com/fun/biza...d-academy/?v=1

apparently there's a place in the Philippines where you can swim with a tail and some SCUBA gear? Has anyone else heard of this? Any Philippine mermaids know about this?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clarity's Avatar

Follow Mermaid Clarity on Tumblr
    the website if anyone's interested:

http://www.philippinemermaidswimmingacademy.com/

Yeah, i've seen it before. A video about this exact same class is what brought me here into the mernetworks.

I'm still surprised they haven't done something like this in the caribbean, where there are a lot of beaches. If something like so happens in here, i'll keep in touch

I've had like three friends share this article over the past two days

Me and every other mer I know got this posted on their wall nine times by friends XD I had to finally tell people to stop! Looks neat though.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    There is a new mermaid school that has opened in Spain. I just learned about it today. This is the official page:

http://www.sirenasmediterraneanacademy.com/

I'm afraid it is written only in Catalonian (not even Spanish!). They market themselves as the "first mermaid school in the Mediterranean". You can recognize the makers of some of the tails that appear in the video.
    I have seen a couple of blogs and people are already saying that "there's crazy people everywhere".

EVERYBODY is tagging me in it on fb! It's getting irritating lol. I think it's a good idea, put I preferred learning on my own, I feel like you learn mermaiding best through here than a school

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I think the greatest benefit of a mer "school" is the company.
    Self-conscious people who wouldn't dare to try swimming on their own can do so in a controlled, safe environment with other mers.
    I also think having several mers in one place swimming together is much more fun than on my own.

Not sure about the scuba gear part though. I thought dolphinkicking with scuba gear isn't recommended.
    At any rate, a mermaid with bubbler and airtank doesn't come off as very authentic

the very essence of mermaiding (considering the first real mermaids were pearldivers) is freediving.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarianne View Post
    Me and every other mer I know got this posted on their wall nine times by friends XD I had to finally tell people to stop! Looks neat though.
    Same! Haha! I got so many messages like "OMG LOOK AT THIS ITS AMAZING" -_- Yes, thank you, you're the 20th person who'd sent it to me haha
    I'll be a Finfolk Mersister in January!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I keep getting with the addendum "you should start one!"

I answer with, and I'm being completely serious, "I just might!"

I'd come work for you, Pearlie!