Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly DFW Meets

I'll be bringing my two fairy friends along since they are my mertenders to help me get into my tail.

edit....not sure that the fairy friends can come after all, maybe end up taking my youngest sister along instead. idk
    Last edited by Mermaid Enora; 03-16-2015 at 09:56 AM.
    Mermaid Enora

I'll be at the meet up on Sunday.

I'll also be at the FREE La Boheme simulcast at AT&T Satdium on Saturday. PM for my number if you're going and wanna sit together.
    "Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." ~Sophia Loren

Sessilee means "Blind to Self Beauty"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidSessilee
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/SessileeStrfish

Formerly known as MermaidAmbrGlow

I probably won't make it Sunday the 22, I have an award show with red carpet that night and the getting ready is a long process. (I'd rather swim.) But the next one, maybe April, count me in.

And sorry about the webpage, www.TheMercademy.com. Brain fart.
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    Just so everyone is on the same page for the March meet-up...

Where: Hugh Smith Indoor Pool (1815 New York Ave., Arlington, TX 76010)
    When: Sun. March 22nd @ 3pm-5pm
    How Much: $6 Admission

Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'll try to remember to bring my underwater camera so we can get pics/video.
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

I'll be there!
    so excited!!
    Mermaid Enora

I have larp practice on Sundays, so I can't make it.

Can't wait to see everyone who comes! We'll miss those who can't and hopefully see you another time.
    so excited!!
    Mermaid Enora

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I may or may not show up, depending on stuff. Everyone still go even tho it was my idea.

Sent from my LG-D520 using Tapatalk

Woke up crazy early and decided to get my water bag packed. I have 3 tail skins to choose from, my underwater camera, a towel & dry clothes. I so can't wait!!

Seriously gotta try for son more sleep though or I won't last long.
    Sessilee Starfish
    www.mermaidsessilee.com
    "Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." ~Sophia Loren

Sessilee means "Blind to Self Beauty"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidSessilee
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/SessileeStrfish

Formerly known as MermaidAmbrGlow

The first unofficial D/FW monthly mermaid meet up was a success! AmbrGlows, Enora, and myself swam and took some pictures on Sunday. The pool was nice and warm and not too crowded, though can I say Enora's fluke is even bigger in person?! Seriously, she wins the biggest fluke contest. And AmbrGlows' new FinFun monofin is much better than the old polycarbonate ones that were so floppy. So awesome swimming with my mer-sisters!

Anyway, I wanted to suggest the pool at North Lake College in Irving as the location of our April meet. The pool is VERY large with a nice deep end and not crowded, plus admission is only $1.50. Seahorse Mystery and I have swam there so they are mer friendly. Anyone else have location suggestions?
    "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anaīs Nin

I am cool with Northlake. Only thing is those swim lanes.

I had some ahem, business to attend to Sunday so obviously I wasn't there.

I hope that you all can do something on a Saturday at some point, I would love to meet you all.

I could do Sunday April 19 (all others are booked already.) And I'd love to try this pool in Irving.

For May, I am offering up the AquaFit pool in Plano. It's a heated, salt based pool and admission would be... FREE. It's the new home of The Mercademy, and I'd love to have you guys come swim with me before or after class. Any Sunday in May!
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

And did you guys post your pictures anywhere- like Facebook or here?
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    The first unofficial D/FW monthly mermaid meet up was a success! AmbrGlows, Enora, and myself swam and took some pictures on Sunday. The pool was nice and warm and not too crowded, though can I say Enora's fluke is even bigger in person?! Seriously, she wins the biggest fluke contest. And AmbrGlows' new FinFun monofin is much better than the old polycarbonate ones that were so floppy. So awesome swimming with my mer-sisters!

Anyway, I wanted to suggest the pool at North Lake College in Irving as the location of our April meet. The pool is VERY large with a nice deep end and not crowded, plus admission is only $1.50. Seahorse Mystery and I have swam there so they are mer friendly. Anyone else have location suggestions?
    Loved meeting both of you Mary and Amberglows.
    Hope to do it all again sometime soon. Hopefully at a closer location.
    check out this twitter for some pics!
    https://twitter.com/JourneyandSpace
    This is my merhandlers (as she calls herself) twitter.
    Mermaid Enora

April 19 sounds like a good day. I'm not free the weekend before.

If we meet April 19 it would have to be somewhere else as the North Lake pool is not open on Sundays. Maybe the pool in Plano?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Marine View Post
    If we meet April 19 it would have to be somewhere else as the North Lake pool is not open on Sundays. Maybe the pool in Plano?
    I won't have access to the pool in Plano until May. If we do May 31, 5:30-8:30pm, my students will be wrapping up their first round of classes, and I am having a professional photographer take publicity photos of them. You guys could join in! $25 gets you pool time with the students (you'll just join our class activities and/or swim around as we work and individual photography sessions happen poolside) plus 1 edited digital image and the option to buy more photos if you want them.

My April just got swamped, but I can def offer and participate Sunday May 31 in Plano.

The Mercademy just opened registration for our ongoing classes AND our professional workshop June 15-20. Hope you guys can join us! www.TheMercademy.com. Oh, and we soft-launched our online store, The Merket today too. www.TheMerketOnline.com Once product is in our hands, the photos of the items will be worn by our troupe members, but for now, it's just the designs and such.
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

Laura, it sounds like you have some awesome stuff going on! Congrats to you and your company!

Gosh darn it, I am determined to get the April meet up and swimming somehow. Unless anyone has other pools to suggest, the 3 mer-friendly pools I know of are Hugh Smith in Arlington, North Lake College in north Irving, and the Heritage Aquatic Center in south Irving.

Hugh Smith: PRO: Open Saturdays 1-5pm and Sundays 3-5pm. CON: Cost 6$
    North Lake: PRO: Open Saturdays 1-6pm, huge pool, costs $1.50. CON: Not open Sundays.
    Heritage: PRO: Open Sundays and Saturdays 1-7pm, costs $1.50. CON: Only 5' deep.

Place your votes and say what weekend it best/worst for you. I know whatever day we decide there is always going to be someone who can't make it, but my hope is that if we keep doing this once a month eventually everyone will get the chance to come. I'd really like to see this become a regular thing.

Just... keep... swimming... :-D

Right now, I could do a Saturday April 18 meet up. POSSIBLY Sunday the 19th, but we would need to decide in the next day or 2 so I can block that day off from pending requests.
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com