Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

That's actually kind of surprising, Arion! You've got such a big fan base I figured you'd be getting tons of creepy messages from overly-friendly fanboys and girls. :P

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    this is how women are treated on the internet in general. http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarr...ent#.myOJYKdk4

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    That's actually kind of surprising, Arion! You've got such a big fan base I figured you'd be getting tons of creepy messages from overly-friendly fanboys and girls. :P
    You and me both!
    Truth be told, I don't even know what I expected anymore. Before, I doubted a lot about making a page and now, a silly part of me is feeling frustrated because there isn't much happening there to tell here.

Does that make sense?

what i have noticed (i don't suggest you do this, this is completely up to you) is that i've posted pictures of me and my husband or my wedding photos.

What you COULD do is post a PDA picture as your profile pic. You and your mertender or something. havent gotten contacted at all since.
    The SeaGlass Siren

load sof sean and I all over my page it never stops em lol

not enough.

PDA *chanting*

P.D.A!
    P.D.A!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Sean says we've reached January quota...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

omgee i love the second image. squee <3
    The SeaGlass Siren

My page got hit with Chris Perry. So far, pretty innocent messages, and he pointed out that I don't cover enough mermen in my facebook page. No issues yet. The girls on my page are asking for more mermen as well.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    My page got hit with Chris Perry. So far, pretty innocent messages, and he pointed out that I don't cover enough mermen in my facebook page. No issues yet. The girls on my page are asking for more mermen as well.
    Feel free to share my pictures from my page. That should help

This is why I block people that look suspicious. Depending on which profile pic I have up depends on when the creepers come out. If they message me with something creepy or just look creepy, I never respond and just block right away, no chances! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    this is how women are treated on the internet in general. http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarr...ent#.myOJYKdk4
    Wow...I am glad I am not on facebook, twitter, tumblr, etc. I have had someone say something mean to me before on the internet. It was on Deviantart. The comment really ruined my day, but then I decided that I would reply in a very kind way telling that person to have a nice day or something like that. They didn't reply back. I like the idea of killing people with kindness. I just don't see why some stranger would be mad at you for not replying to them or friending them.

Often I wonder what these people are like in real life. I wonder if they have sad little lives and no friends.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Tried searching through this thread, but has anyone received a message from a "Christian Horsting".....tried being polite at the start and literally after 2 replies from me, I got this really large text wall, which looks like a poem but doesn't rhyme at all.
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Echinacea View Post
    I am getting friend requests and messages from a Tim Dorfschmidt in Germany on my FB page. He is friends with several of my mer friends, but I know nothing about him. He says he 'likes Mermaids'.... Anyone recognize him, and/or have any info - do I want him for a friend?
    ye, I have him on my list.
    He can't speak English well, so unless you speak German, he won't bother you

I got some quite annoying novel-sized textings from him, but after a while (I'm very seldom online) he found better things to do, and I've only received nice comments and likes from him since.

Cristopher Perry pm:d me on facebook this morning. Nope, won't happen.

Hi I'm a merman and wish we could be mer friends

And I'm now getting tons of messages on my page from Christopher Perry -_-
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Just got messaged by Chris perry as well

Merman week is going well! Thanks, Arion! The girls love you!

Also, Chris Perry is still being harmless, he's just grateful that I'm covering mermen in my topics on my fb page. I'll let you know if he gets out of hand.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Uuugggghhhh this stuff is making me seriously wary of ever making a mermaid account when I finally get my tail... I get crazy anxiety when I'm approached by people like that. Just reading all the creepy comments you get, Raina, is making my stomach knot up. x-o

Like, how does anyone even respond to half of these...
    ^This is the reason why I don't have a mermaid account. It sucks though. I'd love to be mermaid-friends with all of you lovely people.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    To be fair, someone like Raina gets loads more comments, creepy or otherwise, than the average mer.

I'd say try it, block the creepers, and enjoy having a mer account.

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast