Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    That is such a bad design, I mean he probably knows that I can't block him because he likes all my stuff and messages me but never comments of likes the page :P

Member Pod of the Midwest
    Thank you for that clarification, Ms Raina.
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedcatfish View Post
    The issue I have now is this Midwest Merman Steve person who went one step further and is following my personal (non-mer) profile, plus he's tried to add me as a friend which I have ignored and deleted the request. I don't need those people in my life!
    he's just contacted me to ask if he could send a friend request.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
    he's just contacted me to ask if he could send a friend request.
    He contact me as well today on my personal Facebook with the same message. What's weird is he said "nice tail," yet I don't have any of my tail photos viewable to anyone but friends?
    His message looked innocent, but the actions of contacting me on my personal profile kind of unnerves me...
    Last edited by Lorelei; 09-30-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Not sure if I would consider it harassing, but I had to block someone recently for sending me multiple messages on my business page asking where I lived. It clearly says my location on my page. And he also sent photographs of himself- nothing nude, mind you, but the very notion that someone wants to send me photos of themselves for no reason gives me the creeps. His English wasn't good, so at first I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but after he sent photos of himself I deleted him. His name was Manfred Frickel, I'm not sure if he's a regular of messaging mermaids...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    He contact me as well today on my personal Facebook with the same message. What's weird is he said "nice tail," yet I don't have any of my tail photos viewable to anyone but friends?
    His message looked innocent, but the actions of contacting me on my personal profile kind of unnerves me...
    Chances are, he's a mermaid "collector" sending the same canned messages to anyone with ties to mermaiding.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Mizuko I just had someone do that to me too. And he DID start sending photos it was weird.

Was it this guy? he spoke on english on my page but I got this in my messages

Name:  eeep.JPG
Views: 1126
Size:  37.1 KB

It wont let me upload the photo, but no its not the same person! Strange that people think its normal to send photos of themselves via messages, though! :P
    Manfred Frickel was German, I think.

So... I just got hit with Craig Bohn.

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  40.3 KB

Same technique, different mermaid.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

i dunno about you guys but i would NOT want to be one of his swim students... especially one who likes "cougars, mature ladies, and hot moms." YECH. i would NOT want my future kids to be taught by him either.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    i dunno about you guys but i would NOT want to be one of his swim students... especially one who likes "cougars, mature ladies, and hot moms." YECH. i would NOT want my future kids to be taught by him either.
    Seriously, does he say that?

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

he has his likes public, kinda like Gordon likes girls dressed up as babies/children and seemingly has a thing for people in diapers

Yeah I've seen that before. he has so many freaking accounts ugh

Ah yes... I forgot such things existed..
    The SeaGlass Siren

does anyone know anything about Richard Straube? he just sent a friend request but all I see on his page is a headshot and a bunch of fluke shots

He's on my "be weary of" list. I think he's more a collector, I'm not sure if there's been any complaints yet.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I think he's a merman.
    He sent me a link to his Dolphinman gallery and a swimming video when thanking me for accepting friendship.

Other than that, I haven't heard from him (no creepy mails or questions).

He's one of the sellers of the Germain mertail-companies

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    So here is what Stevie Smith sent me once he realized i had deleted him off Facebook

hello Samantha,
    hope you are okay but sad you unfriended me on facebook
    i am therefore removing you as an admin and blocking you from seeing my mermaids are the best group!!!
    if it was a facebook error, please send me a friend request and i will re-add you and make you an admin on my group again and apologize.
    thanks,

stevie

He can now consider himself blocked!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Stevie is trying SO HARD to get Raina as a friend/admin on that group, under the guise of managing the spam of course. That thread seriously made me laugh, you could see the want dripping from his post

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast