Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Yeah he's a nice guy, he's never been inappropriate it just kind of gets annoying when he starts harassing you with multiple messages
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Yea I have the same experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this guy has been brought up or not, but I was sent this earlier.

Salvatore Strazzullo

Jan 6th, 12:01pm

MI beg to ask your friendship because you are a very beautiful woman, and I will follow some time I see you always wonderful and fatal than ever I do not want to give you trouble, but I would like the honor to call your friend thanks

---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

i am questioning why some italian grandpa is going around liking chinese groups... i'm also questioning how he knows how to play mass effect...
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I am getting friend requests and messages from a Tim Dorfschmidt in Germany on my FB page. He is friends with several of my mer friends, but I know nothing about him. He says he 'likes Mermaids'.... Anyone recognize him, and/or have any info - do I want him for a friend?

Ok so I'm not sure if he would be considered a mervert or not since he seems nice enough but I've been getting quite a few messages from him lately, do any of you know Michael Santi on Facebook?

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I had him (Michael Santi) friended for a while, but then he said he was taking time off, and someone else would be 'running' his page, so I unfriended him. He seemed fairly innocuous, a bit annoying because he was always asking his friends to go like someone's page, or talking about TV shows I don't watch, but otherwise harmless.

Yeah I don't have him added as a friend but he liked my page and comments on EVERYTHING

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    he just told me off in my other messages for not adding him as a friend... lol

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I keep forgetting to look in my other messages!

they're hilarious. After merfesr my mervert count went up in such a huge way.

Another hit on Stevie Smith here! He sent me a friend request, a poke and a msg asking if we could be friends and after I told him that my facebook is for friends and family only he got all funny about it and has banned me from the mermaids are the best group. Here's screenshots:

Name:  stevie smith convo.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  539.3 KB

I've also had a guy who I quickly deleted a friend request from, reported one of his photos (to no avail, great job fb) and blocked him, but his profile is quite public and is entirely 'looking for single mermaids' posts and sexually explicit images of people having sex underwater etc. I have a feeling this guy could end up attempting to add minors within the community and he just all-round gave me a bad feeling. His name was Marc Fauve. Just wanted to give a heads up and see if anyone's had any issues with him.

I've had dealings with Michael Santi in the past and he seems mostly harmless if a bit clueless at times. He wanted to help promote my page and was commenting on everything I posted for a little while.

Tim Dorfschmidt added me after merfest before I really cracked down on who I was accepting and he sent me a series of msgs in very broken english, getting kinda abrupt with me and I ended up having to try to direct him to the fanpage using google translate but he still was trying to say he 'is my friend' and in the end I had to block him. I can provide screen shots of the conversation if needed but he seems harmless, just a collector with language barrier issues. Maybe slight hints of creepiness but probably just down to social issues not understanding that me accepting a friend request does not make us 'real life friends'
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilium View Post
    Another hit on Stevie Smith here! He sent me a friend request, a poke and a msg asking if we could be friends and after I told him that my facebook is for friends and family only he got all funny about it and has banned me from the mermaids are the best group. Here's screenshots:

Name:  stevie smith convo.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  539.3 KB

I've also had a guy who I quickly deleted a friend request from, reported one of his photos (to no avail, great job fb) and blocked him, but his profile is quite public and is entirely 'looking for single mermaids' posts and sexually explicit images of people having sex underwater etc. I have a feeling this guy could end up attempting to add minors within the community and he just all-round gave me a bad feeling. His name was Marc Fauve. Just wanted to give a heads up and see if anyone's had any issues with him.

I've had dealings with Michael Santi in the past and he seems mostly harmless if a bit clueless at times. He wanted to help promote my page and was commenting on everything I posted for a little while.

Tim Dorfschmidt added me after merfest before I really cracked down on who I was accepting and he sent me a series of msgs in very broken english, getting kinda abrupt with me and I ended up having to try to direct him to the fanpage using google translate but he still was trying to say he 'is my friend' and in the end I had to block him. I can provide screen shots of the conversation if needed but he seems harmless, just a collector with language barrier issues. Maybe slight hints of creepiness but probably just down to social issues not understanding that me accepting a friend request does not make us 'real life friends'

Thanks for the heads up, Stevie has also asked me if I would add them as a friend. I simply haven't replied to it. lol

Member Pod of the Midwest Caleb Seth Knight's Avatar
    Add Caleb Seth Knight on Facebook
    Wow! You have to seriously be careful with people now days! Ive heard about cases like this. Im glad this was brought to my attention. Be careful ladies!
    -Caleb aka the tattooed merman

Steve has been around forever stealing mermaid photos. He's had multiple banned FB accounts,

we've had threads on here and mer yuku inthe old days.

after merfest I had all the merverts come out of the woodwork to try and add me, and all the collectors

Name:  ughh.JPG
Views: 836
Size:  40.8 KB

However will I manage...? lol I'm sorry but stealing from the community for years and then inventing friendships in your head does not = be my friend.

Name:  aaa.JPG
Views: 820
Size:  34.9 KB

I feel like I'm on mermaid Tinder....

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 820
Size:  14.7 KBName:  2.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  15.4 KBName:  3.JPG
Views: 822
Size:  13.6 KBName:  4.JPG
Views: 816
Size:  13.5 KBName:  5.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  14.6 KBName:  5.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  14.6 KBName:  7.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  16.9 KBName:  8.JPG
Views: 814
Size:  15.9 KB

does anyone know anything about this guy? He added me during the merfest haze and I checked his priofile and we had loads of people in common. His introduction to me just seemed, um, odd...? Name:  1.JPG
Views: 822
Size:  42.1 KB

Uuugggghhhh this stuff is making me seriously wary of ever making a mermaid account when I finally get my tail... I get crazy anxiety when I'm approached by people like that. Just reading all the creepy comments you get, Raina, is making my stomach knot up. x-o

Like, how does anyone even respond to half of these...

I don't. and then they flip shit.

I kind of feel bad. I'm a guy, I'm gay and I get almost nothing. Like, it's really quiet.

Not that I'm complaining though but still... Not even an official hater yet!

So far it's going well but then I wonder what to think of the situation.

Perhaps I just think too much. *shrug*
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 01-12-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast