Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need editors for my book

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Need editors for my book

Hey folks. a few of you are already helping me with this, but my main editor has some real life stuff going on and it doesnt look like they're going to be able to help me in the way I was hoping to get my booked edited. I reallllly need this thing edited. You've seen how I write on here. Content= great. Run on sentences, capitalization, grammar, and typos? not so much.

My budget is blown so I am looking for people who'd be willing to do some chapters for a trade.

I'll send you a free copy of the book (shipping included) or give you a digital copy of the final version if you prefer, and you'll have a credit in it. I'll also send a few Halifax Mermaids goodies. I'll also promote you on my popular social networking pages and website too.

I'm just looking for people who wouldn't mind doing a few chapters at a time. I'd like them to go through several people so the whole book has had as many eyes go through it as possible.

The main thing is that 1) if you can commit and are able to get my the chapters back within a week that would be amazing and extremely helpful (I will do my best to keep the workload totally doable. 1-3 chapters depending on the length. Probably 20-30 pages) 2) your gurantee you will not "leak" contents of the book or post anything from the book online.

This book means a lot to me, it documents a lot of personal mermaid struggles I don't post about online. I really want people to see the really good and the really bad of living your dream and know what I've overcome so they know they can do it too. Plus there are mermaid tips inside. I'm also debating time depending, on having an additional updated resource section in the back like my last book. It's important to me to get it out this fall because we're planning on doing a community event at a local shop area and we're hoping it'll boost the economy in that local area. (sort of spreading the opportunity for sales around and paying things forward)

If you're willing please let me know here, or you can email me raina@rainamermaid.com but please let me know how I know you and some people's emails arent the same as their mer names or mernetwork name so I may not know who it is. If I dont contact you right away it might be that I have enough people to start with but I appreciate the offer.

The other thing you should know about this book is that we're planning to have proceeds from every book sale go toward the local animal rescue group Hope for Wildlife. In helping me, you're helping me help them!

I'll help! I actually really like editing but don't often get the chance to do it.

Member Pod of the Midwest
    where do I sign up? always willing to help out, and reading is one of my favorite past times, so it sounds like a win win to me
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" Oscar Wilde

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    I'd love to help, I'm used to being an editor for my partners uni work (he isn't the best at writing, quite shocking actually, but when it comes to maths, he's amazing)
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Pod of Cali Cerulean's Avatar
    I would absolutely love the opportunity to edit a part of your book! I completely understand how frustrating it can be to have no budget and want your product to be as good as possible by having a lot of people look it over. While I'm not that great of a writer, I am a pretty good editor. It's always been kind of annoying because I have fantastic reading and editing skills but no talent when it comes to actually making up stories or writing hahah.

thanks everyone if you can send me an email so I have your email, to raina@rainamermaid.com that be great let me know who you are.

I'd love to help! I'll send you an email now.

Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Corabelle's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle On Twitter Add Mermaid Corabelle on Facebook Add Mermaid Corabelle on Google+
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Corabelle's Youtube Channel
    Raina,

I am a writer by profession, and have editing experience. I just sent you an email with details. Please let me know if there's any way I can help.

I'm so overwhelmed by support! We are just fixing a problem on my laptop and then I'll reply to everyone

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I sent an email, and wanted to let you know I do art direction and photo editing as well, just in case you need it!

Sent you an email :-)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Just about finished with the chapters you've sent me. :3
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

thanks everyone. If you didnt get an email tonight I may still forward you chapters if you're open after the first group has gone through the ones they've got! Im super appreciative!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    More read through edits the better!!
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Also sent you an email.

Hi everyone, I sent out the first batch to people and am slowly getting them back. Once I have them all back I'll send them through new people. If you havent heard from me yet you probably will soon. I am SUPER appreciative of all this, like BIG TIME.

Member Pod of the Midwest
    No worries, Raina..
    After all, are we not here to help each other out? just sayin'...
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" Oscar Wilde

If you still need some more handy helpers, I'm available I'll shoot you an email
    "The cure for anything is saltwater: sweat, tears, or the sea​" ~Isak Dinesen

I'm not sure if you ever got my email address? I messaged you back on here and sent an email just in case, but it may have gotten lost lol

Yup I'm good I got everyone as I said here I haven't replied to everyone. I've already got chapters out for now, and we took a brief vacation thanks!