Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 353

Thread: Mers from the British Isles!

  1. #61
    Junior Member Euro Pod
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4

    Follow Rhizzy on Tumblr
    Hi All! ^_^

    I've just joined mernetwork and I am from Cheshire Hope everyone is ok!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhizzy View Post
    Hi All! ^_^

    I've just joined mernetwork and I am from Cheshire Hope everyone is ok!
    *waves* hello! I've been to Chester quite a few times now if you're near there =)

  3. #63
    Junior Member Euro Pod
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4

    Follow Rhizzy on Tumblr
    I come from Crewe it's not too far away from Chester but I'm currently living in Liverpool. I came to university here and never left I'm so glad it's not just me that is fascinated by the concept of "mermaiding"

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhizzy View Post
    I come from Crewe it's not too far away from Chester but I'm currently living in Liverpool. I came to university here and never left I'm so glad it's not just me that is fascinated by the concept of "mermaiding"
    aaahh okies I've been to liverpool a few times too - 'tis a cool city to visit =) feel a bit more at home in manchester though.

  5. #65
    Junior Member Euro Pod
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4

    Follow Rhizzy on Tumblr
    =) I like Manchester! Very pretty, also Affleck's Palace is awesome!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhizzy View Post
    =) I like Manchester! Very pretty, also Affleck's Palace is awesome!
    I go to manchester loads to meet up with friends XD and two places we seem to live in are starbucks and afflecks XD

    Been spending a lot of time in Preston recently too (just got back from there actually! lol). Preston is nice but nothing like Manchester XD I'm getting dragged to Leeds sometime after september because my friend is moving there to study so I will have another city to explore

  7. #67
    Welcome Rhizzy and Kat! Hope you are enjoying your time here on MerNetwork.
    It's great to see some more British Mers popping up on here There doesn't seem to be too many of us back there.

  8. #68
    Junior Member Euro Pod ameliarose14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    14
    Hiya!

    I've just joined the site today so I'm very new to everything I've loved mermaids since I was a little girl and can't believe there is so many people who do this kind of thing! It's amazing

    I'm a fellow Brit as well, living in Surrey but I go to Uni in Cornwall

    x

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliarose14 View Post
    Hiya!

    I've just joined the site today so I'm very new to everything I've loved mermaids since I was a little girl and can't believe there is so many people who do this kind of thing! It's amazing

    I'm a fellow Brit as well, living in Surrey but I go to Uni in Cornwall

    x
    Welcome!

  10. #70
    Welcome ameliarose!

  11. #71
    For all you mermaids back in the UK, I was wondering where you all have had success being allowed or found somewhere to swim in your tails? I know swimming pools seem to be a lot more strict about allowing Monofins/flippers/tails back there more than here in the US. And I was just curious where others have found place to swim.

    I have yet to find somewhere, other than the freezing North Sea, to practice swimming in my tail there. When I have called the pools they either freak out about the very idea or think you are having a laugh. I understand they have health and safety regulations to keep. But it really does limit it down.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Pearl View Post
    For all you mermaids back in the UK, I was wondering where you all have had success being allowed or found somewhere to swim in your tails? I know swimming pools seem to be a lot more strict about allowing Monofins/flippers/tails back there more than here in the US. And I was just curious where others have found place to swim.

    I have yet to find somewhere, other than the freezing North Sea, to practice swimming in my tail there. When I have called the pools they either freak out about the very idea or think you are having a laugh. I understand they have health and safety regulations to keep. But it really does limit it down.
    I'm going to be emailing and calling round the various places near me over the next week or two. I'm going to try and make it worth their while by saying any bookings made through them will get 25% off, so those parties will increase their business =) I'm starting off by saying I'm training with a monofin for fitness reasons first and foremost but with the side aim of being a mermaid model/performer and explain the whole thing.

    I can only try right? =) I'll let you know how it goes.

  13. #73
    That sounds like a good start. All you can do is try! Sometimes all people need is educating a little bit about what you do and then they are ok with it and think it's cool

    I'd be interested to know how your inquiries go if you want to share them. I'm coming back to the UK later this year and would love to bring my tail across and go swimming in it. It's a shame you didn't live closer or we could have gone tail swimming. There aren't many mermaids up in the North East.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhizzy View Post
    I come from Crewe it's not too far away from Chester but I'm currently living in Liverpool. I came to university here and never left I'm so glad it's not just me that is fascinated by the concept of "mermaiding"
    OMG! I'm from CREWE! lol Not currently living there but yeah! Cool! lol

  15. #75
    wow great to see there are other mers here in England! im down in the south east so its always freezing

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Lauren View Post
    wow great to see there are other mers here in England! im down in the south east so its always freezing
    Surely it must be nicer than living up north - especially scotland :P

  17. #77
    Junior Member Euro Pod ameliarose14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    14
    Eeeek I'm from the South East too! Whereabouts are you?
    [IMG][/IM

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Pearl View Post
    That sounds like a good start. All you can do is try! Sometimes all people need is educating a little bit about what you do and then they are ok with it and think it's cool

    I'd be interested to know how your inquiries go if you want to share them. I'm coming back to the UK later this year and would love to bring my tail across and go swimming in it. It's a shame you didn't live closer or we could have gone tail swimming. There aren't many mermaids up in the North East.
    Still haven't got round to emailing round yet XD having to finish off some uni work so I can graduate into my final year. As soon as I have sorted it all out I shall let you know =) And there's trains we can always travel and meet up to tail swim!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Arnold View Post
    I'm going to be emailing and calling round the various places near me over the next week or two. I'm going to try and make it worth their while by saying any bookings made through them will get 25% off, so those parties will increase their business =) I'm starting off by saying I'm training with a monofin for fitness reasons first and foremost but with the side aim of being a mermaid model/performer and explain the whole thing.

    I can only try right? =) I'll let you know how it goes.
    The Merlesque mermaids swim at our local pool quite regularly and we've not had any problems. We tend just to do training sessions in monofins rather than full tails, and we only use monofins if the pool is quite empty, so if we get there and it's busy we hold off until it quiets down and then check with the lifeguard on duty that it's ok. I think they must be used to us by now!
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube


  20. #80
    UK mers who are interested can also listen to an interview Merlesque mermaid Lorelei did with BBC Cambridgeshire yesterday (and see the pic of her in the studio in full costume!) here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01f8vjm

    I don't know whether the BBC website allows people outside the UK to listen in so I thought I might as well post it here!
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •