Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mers from the British Isles!

this is a really good website to find places to wild swim near you, there are often places near that you didn't know about.
    http://www.wildswimming.co.uk/

Junior Member Euro Pod sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Xandra View Post
    this is a really good website to find places to wild swim near you, there are often places near that you didn't know about.
    http://www.wildswimming.co.uk/
    Wow what a great site.Thanks for posting it. I've found lots of great places to swim in when my new tail arrives in may as I've not had much luck with any local pools to me as they are all saying No to wearing a tail. To be honest I'd rather swim outside anyway, I've found one in the Peak District with 2 beautiful waterfalls.
    Im going to put a post up in may when I have my tail to see if there are any mermaids near to me ( nottingham- midlands area) who may like to meet for swims in these locations x

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I'm sometimes up there for larp, mostly in Derby. So hopefully I'll get my tail sorted out by then too!

Junior Member Euro Pod sparkles's Avatar
    Yeh would be great to go for a swim together. I found a lovely one in Peak District called the three shires head,Dane and it has 2 plunge pools with waterfalls. Beautiful x hopefully we will both have tails for the summer x

sorry for the delay but welcome to MN Vixy and Sparkles! *waves*

There's ingleton falls in West Yorkshire too btw which has a nice drop-pool but it's quite a trek around the place xx
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    From the east coast of Scotland here!

Hi again everyone. I haven't been very active here so far, but I've just moved to Manchester and hopefully I'll be able to start getting into mermaiding properly now.
    I'm hoping to get a wetsuit soon with the money I do have and then I can start freediving again.
    Are any mers here also part of the British Freediving Association or NoTanx or any other UK freediving groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammyantha171 View Post
    Hi again everyone. I haven't been very active here so far, but I've just moved to Manchester and hopefully I'll be able to start getting into mermaiding properly now.
    I'm hoping to get a wetsuit soon with the money I do have and then I can start freediving again.
    Are any mers here also part of the British Freediving Association or NoTanx or any other UK freediving groups?
    ahh! I was just in manchester yesterday! I'm there quite a lot to see friends =)

and sadly I'm not a member of any of those =(

- Photography Fanpage -

Is anyone coming to Dee con this year?

Quote Originally Posted by selkie13 View Post
    Is anyone coming to Dee con this year?
    dee con?

- Photography Fanpage -

Its an anime/comic book/game convention in Dundee and its free entry!
    There's all kind of craft stalls and stuff as well as anime screenings and workshops there was kendo last year for example. Its basically big gathering of a bunch of nerds in costumes and its brilliant.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    It's a little bit to far for me. But I will be at Manchester, Birmingham and London conventions this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy View Post
    It's a little bit to far for me. But I will be at Manchester, Birmingham and London conventions this year.
    which one in manchester? my friends usually go to a manchester one in april I think, and have been trying to get me there the last few years to help troll anne stokes (she committed art theft with one of my friends photos).

- Photography Fanpage -

Add Vixy on Facebook
    The July one, I think my friend mentioned a convention in July and I said I'd go with her.

ah okies, the one I'm going to is MCM Manchester and like I said, I think it's in april - I would probably be more likely to get to one in july though lol so maybe I'll get to see you there =)

- Photography Fanpage -

So has anyone any good beaches/rivers/lakes to go swimming in?

Hi everyone, im a uk newbie :-) really interested in freediving as a mermaid, i live in Buckinghamshire and im currently making my own tail- just fabric with a monofin to get me started. If anyone knows any swimming places in West sussex give me a shiut as my mother lives there so i visit often. I am interested in meet ups with other mermaids :-)

Welcome to MerNetwork. Great to see another British Isles Mer here

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Add Pascal21M on Facebook
    Someone from you will come to a meet up in Austria?

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I would love to Pascal but the money side of things, I've already got so much planned this year. I hope to be able to go to a meet up next year though.