Thread: Mermaid Jewelry

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar

Mermaid Jewelry

So i have an interesting little question about mermaid jewelry
    well jewelry, weaponry, and metal work.

you can tell alot about a culture from its jewelry and weaponry and how they were made and formed
    so what would actual mermaid jewelry and metal work look like
    I imagine in a culture where fire doesn't exist metal work would be rare, but there are underwater volcanoes and stuff so I imaged merfolk who could sand the temperatures would be able to craft completely unique things like the nothing compared to that of the human world.
    same thing for weaponry and i imagine that the creatures and plants stuff like that would play a part and how such things would look
    so with this in mind what exactly think this stuff would look like?

or what are your ideas about weaponry and jewelry

I'm just really curious on what everyone takes on stuff like this would be
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

I pretty much adapted my own culture's traditional jewelry into "mermaid" form. I figured given how Persians write about mermaids (they don't seem to view them with any amount of shock or disbelief in the stories, and often confuse them with regular people on land), we (Persian mermaids) would have had plenty of interaction with merchants, sailors, and people who lived along the coasts, so we would have seen the things they wear and adapted them with our own materials. Shells, discarded nets, hooks, and lines, seasilks, pearls, greenery, etc. There's also a fair amount of shipwrecks in the Persian Gulf, so I figured there's leeway for me to just wear my regular traditional pieces if I wanted to... They could have sunk with a ship, who knows. That's my justification.

There are also a few things I've added that aren't quite adaptations of traditional jewelry, but they do have some parallels. Tail adornments mostly. Imogen Finnley (I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong!) and I were discussing if flukes and fins were cartilaginous, would merfolk pierce them to put more pretties on themselves the way that humans pierce things? Actually, she said it, and I loved the idea, so now my dorsal and fluke are going to have little piercings so I can hang more pearls and shells off of them.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

I definitely think that I would be the kind of mermaid who collects her accessories from sunken ships. I think more natural armor would be more my style. Crustacean shells, coral, etc.

Bone. Lots of bone would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

For weaponry, I imagine they would harvest animal parts. Urchin spines, shark teeth, coral... anything hard and sharp.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I would really like some aquamarine jewelry...they are "mermaid's tears" after all. (: Once I have my goldfish tail I plan on using aquamarine accessories (they're also my birthstone!), but for now I'm sticking with shells and starfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Meronica View Post
    I would really like some aquamarine jewelry...they are "mermaid's tears" after all. (: Once I have my goldfish tail I plan on using aquamarine accessories (they're also my birthstone!), but for now I'm sticking with shells and starfish.
    I found these a few weeks ago, I think you'll like them...

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/1...ef=favs_view_9
    https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/1...f=favs_view_10

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    LOVE those. I try to add subtle little mermaid references in my everyday attire and I'll be adding those to my Xmas list. ♡

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    [[Edit: DEAR GOD THESE IMAGES ARE HUGE I am so sorry. I thought the forum would automatically shrink them in the post (doesn't it usually do that? So you can click them to enlarge them?).

Ah well. They're all too lovely not to include!]]

Google turns up some interesting results:

Name:  ec622b4d5074425903cc5596500ce347.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  7.7 KB Name:  mermaid_warrior_sketch_1_by_periwinklepixie-d5bqdn4.jpg
Views: 3337
Size:  78.4 KB Name:  Nereid_Amphitrite_by_maxarkes-1.jpg
Views: 2811
Size:  164.6 KB Name:  tumblr_n6sxayQQGG1s9yfq0o1_500.jpg
Views: 1060
Size:  52.9 KB Name:  mermaid_warrior_by_gorillaluau-d4swu1l.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  218.4 KB Name:  7fe40934cd21db1262132eb4b43b2f3d.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  12.6 KB Name:  c483132398ea49cc6a0622e2b5499f56.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  23.1 KB Name:  Mermaid.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  30.7 KB Name:  mermaid_by_sk8rnik-d7q01my.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  207.6 KB Name:  sylvari_oaken_armor_cosplay__guild_wars_2__by_kyoko_amaterasu-d80j5vk.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  192.1 KB Name:  il_fullxfull.478816448_1zxf_original.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  337.9 KB Name:  Mermaid-8.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  42.7 KB Name:  9c3ca__Blue___Fabrege___Mermaid_by_elvenelysium-600x380.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  65.9 KB Name:  9.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  76.0 KB Name:  featMERMAID060_444_334.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  126.1 KB Name:  Siren_in_armor_by_Armel.jpg
Views: 2287
Size:  142.1 KB Name:  Hatted_Mermaids_by_sadwonderland.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  372.8 KB Name:  Monster_Hunter_Tri_Weapons_by_diemortalroom.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  147.7 KB Name:  fish_armor__helmet_design__by_streetz86-d4szio9.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  89.2 KB Name:  myth_masque___mermaid_costume_by_jessicadru-d671iit.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  65.8 KB Name:  Z3HXV.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  249.5 KB Name:  o-SHARK-TEETH-WEAPONS-facebook.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  52.3 KB Name:  armour.png
Views: 639
Size:  178.5 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    WOW all those are exceptionally beautiful and pretty much what i was getting at
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Ohh, interesting. Jewelry can become dull or lose their color when worn. Fortunately, it is easy to clean jewelry and make it shine so that it looks like brand new again.

Cool! I recently wanted to give my friend earrings for her birthday and for a long time I could not figure out which earrings are best to choose. The article about earrings hoop helped me and I was able to choose the right earrings for my friend. She really liked the earrings. If you also don’t know which earrings are best to choose for yourself or someone, I think this site will help you.

Hi all! It is so cool! If you are a fan of indian necklaces, you will be interested in this site: https://queenofheartsjewelry.us/prod...ian-necklaces/. Their collection is simply stunning, with a variety of traditional and contemporary designs. I recently purchased a gorgeous 22k gold necklace from them and have received numerous compliments on it. The ordering process was seamless and the customer service was excellent.

I've always been fascinated by mermaids and their enchanting allure, and it seems that love for jewelry is a universal trait, shared every women even by mythical creatures. Exploring the exquisite jewelry collection at Giliarto is like diving into a world of fantasy and beauty, where every piece tells a magical story. I recommend paying attention to them to everyone who is passionate about exquisite jewelry design or just looking for a cool gift to please their woman.
    Last edited by Leonidas Lopez; 03-26-2024 at 08:42 AM.

the craftsmanship and artistry of a piece can elevate it from mere accessory to a cherished work of art. One such artisan who seamlessly blends the beauty of natural elements with exquisite design is German Kabirski. Renowned for his mastery in creating stunning jewelry pieces, German Kabirski has captured hearts with his exceptional amethyst jewlery collection, showcasing the perfect fusion of stone and metal.