Page 405 of 430 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Holy fuck. What kind of sister outs you?

Sepharina I am so sorry.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have no idea Sabrina! No. Absolute. Idea. I get that she might be concerned , but she has took it more as a bullying type deal. I just , I dunno what ima do .

Not cool of your sister at all! I'm sorry Being someone that is pagan, I'm here if you need to vent to someone. I hope your family comes around and at least lets you explain your spirituality and choices to them. Never fun to have family or friends who jump to the worst conclusions when it comes to witchcraft.
    *Hugs*
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    I guess I'm lucky that witch craft has been in my family for generations, in the Yoruba or Santeria traditions I was thought the craft from a young age especially when I got to stay over at my grandmas she was always receiving clients in her home, I remember I used to sneak around and observe her rituals and consults it was always good to watch except the blood sacrifices but those were necessary...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Always easier to be a witch when you come from a family of witches. I'm just lucky that my family accepts my practice, let's me get on with rituals, etc.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel

B!TC# IT OUT!

My dad keeps fat shaming me. Tells me "that nobody will hire a professional mermaid who has a gut as big as mine" or "nobody wants a mermaid who doesn't look good in a tail"
    I'm so upset right now, I've been down in the dumps for what feels like forever because I feel like I don't have a nice, pretty, skinny body. My tummy is too big, face is too round, my legs and bum and arms are too fat. I feel like I have no hope for ever making my silicone tails. I feel like I've got no more hope and inspiration to achieve my dreams of being a professional mermaid all because of my body type. I'm hardly have a flicker of desire to work on sculpting for my tail. It comes and goes but I usually have a road block or huge obstacle in my way which prevents me from making any sculpting progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Your dad needs to learn when to shove off. That's awful.

Don't let his crud get to you.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    This upset me greatly. I know I'm on the other side of the spectrum on this being a tall super skinny guy and all people do is lay the "anorexic" jokes. Sabrina is right that your dad should just shove off. I quickly looked at your fb picture linked to your account and girl, you are not no where near the size to be counted as big. I can get you proof of people twice the size of you that are making money as mermaid and merman. Being a mermaid is your dream and you WILL make it. I believe and you and I'm sure everyone else here does too. My family has been a pain in my lack of butt trying to discourage me but the friends I'm making and the fact it's healthy thing makes this all worth it. You are beautiful on the inside and kids will see that as you being a mermaid. Kids don't worry about looks as they only worry about the person. Your dad need to see it from the people you are entertaining. If you let your family make you quit out of this, you will regret it later in life. Believe me as I put my dream on hold for over 10 years. I don't want to see that happen to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Clara View Post
    My dad keeps fat shaming me. Tells me "that nobody will hire a professional mermaid who has a gut as big as mine" or "nobody wants a mermaid who doesn't look good in a tail"
    I'm so upset right now, I've been down in the dumps for what feels like forever because I feel like I don't have a nice, pretty, skinny body. My tummy is too big, face is too round, my legs and bum and arms are too fat. I feel like I have no hope for ever making my silicone tails. I feel like I've got no more hope and inspiration to achieve my dreams of being a professional mermaid all because of my body type. I'm hardly have a flicker of desire to work on sculpting for my tail. It comes and goes but I usually have a road block or huge obstacle in my way which prevents me from making any sculpting progress.

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

After waiting for over two weeks I FINALLY got my tail swatches (Spoonflower was behind on orders so it got delayed). They all turned out terrible. Everything printed too dark or had no detail despite looking perfect on the computer. One was supposed to be bright blue and it somehow turned out dark purple. Now I have to find a different website to print my designs and my tail gets delayed even more.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Will they refund you or are you stuck with what they gave you? Sorry that happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra1337 View Post
    After waiting for over two weeks I FINALLY got my tail swatches (Spoonflower was behind on orders so it got delayed). They all turned out terrible. Everything printed too dark or had no detail despite looking perfect on the computer. One was supposed to be bright blue and it somehow turned out dark purple. Now I have to find a different website to print my designs and my tail gets delayed even more.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Pod of New England
    Minor set back! I stepped on my dorsal sculpt. I put it on the ground while I work on the other half cause I have limited space on the kitchen table I cried a little cus it'll take me a few hours to fix...

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Will they refund you or are you stuck with what they gave you? Sorry that happened to you.
    I don't know...I emailed them already so I'm just waiting to hear back. I hope I either get a free reprint or a refund because everything about these swatches is terrible. I'm still trying to get over how the blue one managed to turn out purple. I double checked the settings in Photoshop and the final files but everything was fine so they should have printed pretty true to what's on my screen (according to other reviews on the fabric). If they try to say it's something wrong on my end I'm going to be PISSED.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinus Mortimer View Post
    Minor set back! I stepped on my dorsal sculpt. I put it on the ground while I work on the other half cause I have limited space on the kitchen table I cried a little cus it'll take me a few hours to fix...

Awww The clay picked up the detail really well on the tread of your boot. It's a pity that unfortunately happened
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

I'm sure they'll work with you. I will be surprised if they blame you but I doubt they will. In worse case, they can be the beta piece and I'll still try to help if there anyway I can.

I don't know...I emailed them already so I'm just waiting to hear back. I hope I either get a free reprint or a refund because everything about these swatches is terrible. I'm still trying to get over how the blue one managed to turn out purple. I double checked the settings in Photoshop and the final files but everything was fine so they should have printed pretty true to what's on my screen (according to other reviews on the fabric). If they try to say it's something wrong on my end I'm going to be PISSED.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Pod of New England
    Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    Awww The clay picked up the detail really well on the tread of your boot. It's a pity that unfortunately happened

I know but after a tedious night I've fixed it yayy.

Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus

Did you create your image in CMYK or RGB? I think spoonflower prints in CMYK. Did you buy swatches or the full yardage that you needed?

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Saoirse's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Saoirse on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Saoirse on Tumblr
    People are reposting Mernation's photos of my tail on Instagram and not mentioning me anywhere. They're not my photos- but it's my tail. I guess I just feel a little irked since that's my baby. There's not much I can do though. :/
    At least some are considerate enough to tag Mernation.
    Saoirse (Seer-sha) means "freedom" in Gaelic, which is what I feel below the surface. I'm a freshwater mermaid.
    Empress of the Strid Empire Pod

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Did you create your image in CMYK or RGB? I think spoonflower prints in CMYK. Did you buy swatches or the full yardage that you needed?
    sRGB is what they print the files as and what I made the files as. I got swatches because I was testing out multiple color schemes for my mermaid tail fabric.

There was a shooting in Fresno today, I'm trying to contact my family to see if they are okay but my parents got rid of their cell phones awhile ago. The shooting was in an area they were supposed to be in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    There was a shooting in Fresno today, I'm trying to contact my family to see if they are okay but my parents got rid of their cell phones awhile ago. The shooting was in an area they were supposed to be in today.
    Oh goodness, I hope they are safe.

Page 405 of 430 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415 ... LastLast