Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone Waterproof Case

Senior Member Pod of The South thatotakugalaxy's Avatar
    Add thatotakugalaxy on Facebook

Iphone Waterproof Case

Alrighty, So i cannot afford a waterproof camera By far, reasoning being they cost hundreds to THOUSANDS of dollars, i have about 300 dollars saved up to get a case for my phone, so i thought 'hey! i should just get a waterproof case!' and so heres what i've got

its an Iphone 6S, no screen protection or anything, its pretty much brand new.

i need a waterproof case or bag i can take under 7-8 feet. i heard bags cause the video to be blurry, so idk about doing a bag... anyway, tell me what your opinions are!

It has to be under $100
    it doesnt matter what it looks like, as long as i can still fit it in my pocket
    i have a otterbox i can switch it out with, so if i do a case for water only and a case for dry land, thats good with me.
    St Augustine FL mermaid! I'm a bit crazy, but I swear I can be fun to be around

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-Toug...YAAOSwzgBY4GE6
    That the camera I use. My is over 4 years old and it takes amazing pictures. It's not the fastest camera but look at the quality and you don't have to risk your phone. Name:  P2140827.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  339.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    Alrighty, So i cannot afford a waterproof camera By far, reasoning being they cost hundreds to THOUSANDS of dollars, i have about 300 dollars saved up to get a case for my phone, so i thought 'hey! i should just get a waterproof case!' and so heres what i've got

its an Iphone 6S, no screen protection or anything, its pretty much brand new.

i need a waterproof case or bag i can take under 7-8 feet. i heard bags cause the video to be blurry, so idk about doing a bag... anyway, tell me what your opinions are!

It has to be under $100
    it doesnt matter what it looks like, as long as i can still fit it in my pocket
    i have a otterbox i can switch it out with, so if i do a case for water only and a case for dry land, thats good with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Slim; 04-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Wow O: Thanks!!

You're welcome. I know those weren't my best pictures but it was the quickest ones I could find to give you an example. It does fit your budget when you find those camera used.

Quote Originally Posted by thatotakugalaxy View Post
    Wow O: Thanks!!

Survivor of cyberbullies

welp.. i asked my mother and she said not to order anything from ebay, she wont let me ;-; She said i can use amazon and aliexpress... rip..

On ebay they go as low as $40. I hope she realizes that for a slightly lesser quality. Amazon has a used one for about $120.00. Otherwise she going to be paying the same or equal on amazon for a lifeproof case.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Jeez... its me paying btw XD she doesnt need it, but my mom monitors my paypal and bank account, so she said so

Awesome suggestion, and way less than GoPro.
    Aliexpress? But eBay is much more reliable and has buyer protections... Amazon is a good site but like Slim said its more expensive.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lieke's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Lieke on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Lieke's Youtube Channel
    My action cam is from the brand guardo, great quality and way cheeper then go pro, I made this video with it : https://youtu.be/hW79cFkjpvg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
    Follow my mermaid journey on Instagram and Facebook <3

Add a Splash of Magic to your mermaid-wardrobe, with beautiful sequins, silicone shells, mermaid tops and tails: shop here

Bewaren
    Bewaren

Did you have a filter on it? Are there cameras for underwater that don't need filters?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Awesome suggestion, and way less than GoPro.
    Aliexpress? But eBay is much more reliable and has buyer protections... Amazon is a good site but like Slim said its more expensive.
    Aliexpress has buyer protection. Weird that she isn't ok with ebay though.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Lieke's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Lieke on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Lieke's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Did you have a filter on it? Are there cameras for underwater that don't need filters?
    I did 't use a filter in my video

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk
    Follow my mermaid journey on Instagram and Facebook <3

Add a Splash of Magic to your mermaid-wardrobe, with beautiful sequins, silicone shells, mermaid tops and tails: shop here

Bewaren
    Bewaren

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Gearbest has a lot of affordable waterproof cameras, and some of them are on sale right now! Gearbest is reliable and has great customer service - I'm currently writing up reviews for an underwater mp3 player and waterproof eyeshadow they sent me to test 😊

Here's the link to their waterproof camera selection:
    http://www.gearbest.com/waterproof-c...&lkid=10665959

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

If you want to go through Amazon, I bought a waterproof camera comparable to go pro for a little over $100. It's called the akaso ek7000. I took it to Hawaii earlier this month and it was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Avya View Post
    If you want to go through Amazon, I bought a waterproof camera comparable to go pro for a little over $100. It's called the akaso ek7000. I took it to Hawaii earlier this month and it was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    I have this one too! It came with a bunch of accessories for $86!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    I have this one too! It came with a bunch of accessories for $86!
    Yep! I'm still not even sure what some of them do 😂😅

If you have a dive shop in your area you could go in and they usually have a good selection of waterproof cases for cell phones and for cameras.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I got a Lightdow waterproof action camera (off brand goPro basically) for $40 off amazon. I have only used it on land and briefly in a pool so far, but I have been very happy with the results. I am taking it with me to the bahamas in less than two weeks too (only 11 days! Woohoo!) And can report back how it does when skim diving there

I personally would not recommend using a waterproof case on a phone for underwater filming because, should the case break or malfunction, you have to buy a whole new phone. That would be significantly more expensive than just an underwater camera.
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod LuLu's Avatar
    I have personally used Lifeproof cases underwater, last one I bought was $80 and it was amazing.

Ah, alrighty! do you have a link to the one you got?