Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mers from the British Isles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondine View Post
    UK mers who are interested can also listen to an interview Merlesque mermaid Lorelei did with BBC Cambridgeshire yesterday (and see the pic of her in the studio in full costume!) here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01f8vjm

I don't know whether the BBC website allows people outside the UK to listen in so I thought I might as well post it here!
    nice interview =)

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Hello I am really new to the mermaid scene so friendly advice would be appreciated.
    I live in the southeast, near London. Nice to see British mermaids

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I'm a mermaid in London!

Hi I'm Mermaid Xandra (pronounced Zandra, short for Alexandra) and I'm new here. I haven't yet got a tail but I'm saving up. I come from the Southeast. Any friendly advice would be really appreicated as I am new to the whole mermaid scene.

Hi Xandra! Nice to have some more UK mers around
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube

welcome guys!

Hi, thanks, I just checked out your Facebook page - Awesome, keep it up

Hi thanks for being welcoming. It had no idea that there was such a thriving community of mermaids, both in the UK and worldwide! It's so exciting saving up for a tail, it's always been a lifelong ambition ever since I saw films with mermaid tail props like splash. Also Mermaid Ondine, I just want to say that I've read about you on the web and I heard one of your friends on BBC radio and I just want to say that I think what you do is amazing(especially in such a cold climate!); to have taken an illness as an opportunity to fulfil your dreams... well it was really inspirational! I hope that any and all medical issues resolve themselves and that you keep swimming... very envious of your job! All the best, Mermaid Xandra

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Xandra View Post
    Also Mermaid Ondine, I just want to say that I've read about you on the web and I heard one of your friends on BBC radio and I just want to say that I think what you do is amazing(especially in such a cold climate!); to have taken an illness as an opportunity to fulfil your dreams... well it was really inspirational! I hope that any and all medical issues resolve themselves and that you keep swimming... very envious of your job! All the best, Mermaid Xandra
    Aw, thanks Xandra I'm really glad you were able to take inspiration from my story! Good luck with saving up for your tail. Do you already know what kind you're hoping to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ondine View Post
    Aw, thanks Xandra I'm really glad you were able to take inspiration from my story! Good luck with saving up for your tail. Do you already know what kind you're hoping to get?
    Thanks I would love to get a silicone tail, perhaps a Merbella one (they look so beautiful!) Although, I really want to make one as well- I think it would be really good practice in appreciating the beauty of each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Xandra View Post
    Thanks I would love to get a silicone tail, perhaps a Merbella one (they look so beautiful!) Although, I really want to make one as well- I think it would be really good practice in appreciating the beauty of each one.
    *shyly waves her little tailmaker flag* should be starting producing fully bespoke silicone tails starting this spring currently in the process of designing a cherry blossom freshwater tail for Miyu while she saves up ^_^
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Add Vixy on Facebook
    hi I'm from Cornwall.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Hi Vixy! Welcome to the network! Happy holiday!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy View Post
    hi I'm from Cornwall.
    Nice to meet you Vixy. It must be nice living in Cornwall, there are great waves to surf down there. Ever read Ingo? it's set there I think.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    It is nice, I did the boxing day swim at Porthpean this year, it was very bracing! I'm hoping to start surfing next year, and just doing more things with the sea.

I have yes, and yep it is set down in Cornwall.

Hi Vixy! Slightly late to the party, but hey, happy new year! Ah, Cornwall is a beautiful place for swimming and all things oceany

Junior Member Euro Pod sparkles's Avatar
    Hi, I am new to this site. I live in nottingham, I have been thinking about getting a silicone tail for a couple years now and have looked at them online. I wasn't sure I'd get the opportunity to wear it in the uk as I was not sure that British swimming pools would allow them to be worn in pools ( you know how health and safety can be these days ! Lol) but I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a tail. I'm off to disneyworld Florida may followed by a disney Bahamas cruise so thought it would be a great opportunity to wear my tail. I've enquired between mernation and finfolk productions, I can't decide fully between them both as they are both charging the same amount. Does anyone have any experience with either? Mernation has offered to meet me with the tail on holiday and hand deliver to avoid shipping fees to uk and even have a swim together which I thought was wonderful and is tipping my hand there way slightly however finfolk productions do some amazing tails
    Or any experience with British pools allowing tales?
    xxxx

Add Vixy on Facebook
    Thanks Ondine, I'm looking forward to doing some wild swimming this year and maybe go to the beach more. Now I need to start saving for a tail! I love burlesque by the way