Thread: CASTING CALL - Mermaids and Mermen

Cool CASTING CALL - Mermaids and Mermen

I'm casting one mermaid and one merman for a music video to be filmed in Oregon, August 10th and 11th. The music video is for a very popular YouTube parody band-- they're so much fun to work with and they get millions of views on every video!
    I would love to cast and hire a local Oregonian mermaid, but definitely willing to bring mermaids from elsewhere in the U.S.! Some acting/modeling abilities are essential, mermaid experience required, and best if you own your own tail.

If you're interested, please post photos here or send me an email at dana@guisecreative.com
    Looking forward to hearing from some awesome merpeople!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Sounds like a fun project!

What does it pay?
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

I sent an email, would love more info!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    Who cares what it pays if you're not in the vicinity. You live in Ohio. If you're just looking for another venue to complain about pay because you're angry at yourself with all the free events that you've been doing without pay, you need to find a better way into a conversation or to deal with your business across the states.

Also, as someone who used to demand 150$ an hour to just stands around, my advice to you is to not start a conversation with such a response that warrants nothing but a number. Try to warm up to people before asking for money. Especially if you live across the continent and you're already not making money in your home town.

CASTING CALL - Mermaids and Mermen

Wow. That was entirely uncalled for. I was not asking for myself. I have friends in the area that might be interested and was just trying to get info for them. For the record providing compensation info or lack thereof is pretty common. If it doesn't pay, then say so. I never said doing a free event was bad. Providing compensation info when pitching a casting call is standard. If it doesn't pay, say so. If it's $50/hr. Say so. Doesn't matter either way.
    It. Was. A. Question.

And in addition, I run an company in Ohio. I don't do free events to the point that I'm angry with myself. I charge a competitive hourly rate and am happy with the income I make as a professional mermaid. I have no need to travel cross country for a job.

Try getting the facts before attacking someone.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Quote Originally Posted by KateyMermaid View Post
    Wow. That was entirely uncalled for. I was not asking for myself. I have friends in the area that might be interested and was just trying to get info for them. For the record providing compensation info or lack thereof is pretty common. If it doesn't pay, then say so. I never said doing a free event was bad. Providing compensation info when pitching a casting call is standard. If it doesn't pay, say so. If it's $50/hr. Say so. Doesn't matter either way.
    It. Was. A. Question.

And in addition, I run an company in Ohio. I don't do free events to the point that I'm angry with myself. I charge a competitive hourly rate and am happy with the income I make as a professional mermaid. I have no need to travel cross country for a job.

Try getting the facts before attacking someone.
    If this was in my area, I would have asked the same questions. Nothing wrong with asking if a gig/opportunity is paid or not. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Is that in response to me or meilyn?
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Pay is negotiable-- I'd love to hear quotes for a full day of work. Any travel expenses will be covered, but of course we are trying to keep the cost down in that area. A local mermaid is preferable but not necessary.

Thanks!

DELTED. Duplicate post.
    Last edited by KateyMermaid; 07-21-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Pay is negotiable-- I'd love to hear quotes for a full day of work. Any travel expenses will be covered, but of course we are trying to keep the cost down in that area. A local mermaid is preferable but not necessary.

Thanks!!
    Good to know, I'll pass that info along. I wasn't interested for myself, but know a few people who might be. I really wasn't trying to start any kind of drama....It was really just a question.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    WTF, Meilyn? Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Wow. Meilyn, now you're just insulting and rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by danapkurth View Post

Thanks!
    Now THIS is a reasonable response. I'll pass along the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook