PDA

View Full Version : Mers near Coeur d'Alene ID

Felicia
01-17-2015, 02:31 PM
Is the anyone near Coeur d'Alene (such as Spokane, Pullman, Moscow etc) who wants to meet up once it warms up? I can drive just about anywhere so if any Seattle area mers wanna meet up too I'm sure we can arrange that

Lorelei
01-17-2015, 04:04 PM
I live in Moscow, but I will be moving to Seattle in July.
Wow, I didn't know there were any other mers near me.

Felicia
01-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm in Moscow alot to see a close friend of mine, I wouldn't be surprised if we seen each other lol
And I know what you mean about no mers being near, I usually have to drive 6+ hours to even come close to anyone else

Triton-Mahtlinnie
01-17-2015, 10:11 PM
There's lots of mers here in the Seattle area, (my being one of them). We meet up so rarely, though.

Felicia
01-17-2015, 11:17 PM
Ive noticed there aren't many meet ups but id love to set up something with a few mers since I'm the only one in cda, as far as I know that is, and I'm tired of swimming alone

Raayvhen
01-17-2015, 11:52 PM
I vote we arrange a Seattle meetup

Felicia
01-18-2015, 12:00 AM
I vote we arrange a Seattle meetup

I second this^

Maclanahan
01-18-2015, 12:22 AM
Not a mer, but grew up in the CDA and Post Falls area! Actually stopped by there today to get some Hudson's Hamburgers. Its crazy how much the city has changed in the last five years.

Felicia
01-18-2015, 12:31 AM
Not a mer, but grew up in the CDA and Post Falls area! Actually stopped by there today to get some Hudson's Hamburgers. Its crazy how much the city has changed in the last five years.

i was at Hudsons today lol small world :P

Maclanahan
01-18-2015, 12:47 AM
i was at Hudsons today lol small world :P

Crazy but if there is a place to be downtown Couer'd Alene, it Hudson's. That place is my absolute favorite Burger joint ever. I praise it so much that each time I go there I get nervous that it won't taste as good as I remember, but so far it always tastes fantastic.

Man I miss that city. Its way better than Spokane any day in my opinion.

Also, Hi Lorelie, Moscow is pretty cool but I don't blame you for going to Seattle. As a teacher said to me, "Too much wheat in Moscow, it drives people crazy."

Felicia
01-18-2015, 12:53 AM
Crazy but if there is a place to be downtown Couer'd Alene, it Hudson's. That place is my absolute favorite Burger joint ever. I praise it so much that each time I go there I get nervous that it won't taste as good as I remember, but so far it always tastes fantastic.

Man I miss that city. Its way better than Spokane any day in my opinion.

Also, Hi Lorelie, Moscow is pretty cool but I don't blame you for going to Seattle. As a teacher said to me, "Too much wheat in Moscow, it drives people crazy."

Its a a very nice city, but I miss my hometown a lot so I'm usually itching to leave cda

Maclanahan
01-18-2015, 01:09 AM
Its a a very nice city, but I miss my hometown a lot so I'm usually itching to leave cda

Completely understandable. I can't imagine people around here are super accepting of people dressing like merfolk in public.

Lorelei
01-18-2015, 01:42 AM
Yea, I've been living here almost two years. I thought I would like the small town thing, but I was so wrong. :rolleyes: Thankfully, I'm young, so it's just a part of growing up and learning more about where I'd like to live in the future. I hate that everything is 45mins to 2hours away. I'm so happy to be moving to Seattle and going to a school that's specific to what I want. :)
Apparently, they allow mermaid tails here at the University of Idaho pool, but I'm too terrified to go by myself.
I would love a Seattle meet up, but I don't have the funds to make the 4 and a half hour drive just for a meet. :( I'll be in seattle twice before I officially move in July.
One time for when we head to DisneyWorld (April 19th and April 26th) and the other will be sometime in May.

Felicia
01-18-2015, 01:48 AM
Next time I'm in Moscow we can go swim if you like, I usually go swimming with my friend who's studying at U of I but I'd gladly invite another mermaid along :)

Lorelei
01-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Next time I'm in Moscow we can go swim if you like, I usually go swimming with my friend who's studying at U of I but I'd gladly invite another mermaid along :)
That would be awesome! I get really nervous around new people (social anxiety), so please forgive me if I'm quiet or awkward at first, haha. :) My mertender will probably be there to help me get into my tail, so that should help me.

Felicia
01-18-2015, 02:02 AM
That would be awesome! I get really nervous around new people (social anxiety), so please forgive me if I'm quiet or awkward at first, haha. :) My mertender will probably be there to help me get into my tail, so that should help me.

Thats quite alright, both my friend and I are very very socially awkward people lol

Lorelei
01-18-2015, 02:09 AM
Thats quite alright, both my friend and I are very very socially awkward people lol
Sounds like a perfect match :P haha. Just let me know next time you are in town. I'll be here, unless it's the weekend, then I will be at work.

Felicia
01-18-2015, 02:14 AM
Sounds like a perfect match :P haha. Just let me know next time you are in town. I'll be here, unless it's the weekend, then I will be at work.

Sounds like a plan :)