PDA

View Full Version : UK Merfolk round up

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
I was thinking about how all euro pod meet ups are in France, Germany, Austria etc. I think we need to have a UK meet so all of us can get to know each other and have someone to swim with! I would love to meet up with people. I don't know how many of you there are though... So post below, just putting an idea out there :mermaidkiss:

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

Samantha Siren
01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Hi Neri, We are having a London meetup on the 3rd of May. If you give me your Facebook I will invite you to the group!
xxxxx

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Neri, We are having a London meetup on the 3rd of May. If you give me your Facebook I will invite you to the group!
xxxxx
My Facebook is Neri Elvina. Thank you so so much Samantha! ❤❤❤

Merperson Danny
01-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Urgh, you people are so lucky you live in countries with other mers :( I'm stuck on a cold little island with no mer-conventions or meetups

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Urgh, you people are so lucky you live in countries with other mers :( I'm stuck on a cold little island with no mer-conventions or meetups

I feel for you Ciara, I really do! Can't you come to England?

Merperson Danny
01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Sadly, no. I'm only 13, so I would need to go with my parents, and I have no friends who like mermaids so I would be so lonely :( Ah well, maybe when I can travel on my own

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Sadly, no. I'm only 13, so I would need to go with my parents, and I have no friends who like mermaids so I would be so lonely :( Ah well, maybe when I can travel on my own
You could always come over, I would certainly make you feel welcome! :hugs:

Merperson Danny
01-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Aw, thanks! Maybe someday in the future, when my parents kind of... Understand mermaiding. :-) I kind of keep mermaid stuff as my own, and I feel awkward when they get involved :-\ I know, I'm weird :P

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-29-2015, 03:42 AM
You aren't weird at all, loving the new name [emoji4]

Merperson Danny
01-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Thanks! I wanted it to sound mermaidic but also Irish ;)

Ondine
02-07-2015, 09:46 AM

Hi Cadhla! Don't despair, there's actually a bit of a burgeoning mermaiding scene in Ireland - I was contacted recently by a journalist from the Irish Enquirer (I'm based in England but of Irish descent) who was doing a story about the rise in popularity of mermaids in Ireland. She mentioned that there's a place called Mermaid Cove in Sligo I believe, where there's actually a mermaid school run by Freedive Ireland? So if you're interested in Irish mer-meets then that might be something good to look into :)

Merperson Danny
02-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Hi Cadhla! Don't despair, there's actually a bit of a burgeoning mermaiding scene in Ireland - I was contacted recently by a journalist from the Irish Enquirer (I'm based in England but of Irish descent) who was doing a story about the rise in popularity of mermaids in Ireland. She mentioned that there's a place called Mermaid Cove in Sligo I believe, where there's actually a mermaid school run by Freedive Ireland? So if you're interested in Irish mer-meets then that might be something good to look into :)
Thanks for letting me know, but I've seen that place before. It's actually just teaching kids aged 8-12 learn to use a monofin, unfortunately. But thanks anyway for trying to help me out! ^w^ Guess I'll just have to patient and wait 'til I can travel.

MermaidLilyRose
04-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Hey Neri, I have posted a thread on here about a uk mermaid meet up in May since the other one doesn't seem to be happening anymore x