PDA

View Full Version : Best Tails for Photoshoots?

Tasha Nicole
02-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Hello!
I want to purchase a tail (eventually tails) where I may photograph people (different people, not just myself) wearing it for photoshoots.
I want to invest in a silicone tail for this as they are more realistic, but I feel like a spandex tail would be better to fit more people until I can purchase more than one tail.
Help?!
Thanks!

Mermaid Jaffa
02-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Fabric as they are cheapest and you can get lots of tails in so many colors and styles.

Tasha Nicole
02-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Fabric as they are cheapest and you can get lots of tails in so many colors and styles.
oh I've only seen spandex and silicone..where can I find fabric tails? & can they be swum in?

Mermaid Enora
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
I think Jaffa means spandex when she talks about fabric tails.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Yes. Fabric=spandex=lycra.

Samantha Siren
02-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Look up magictails.de I have one and the look great in and out of water.

Winged Mermaid
02-07-2015, 07:16 PM
I agree with getting a fabric tail. All other materials (neoprene, latex, silicone) are not only more expensive, but also have a lot less give in terms of stretching and therefore won't be able to fit more people. Plus people who aren't used to being in a tail will bang them up a lot, and fabric ones are way cheaper to replace!

Magic Tails do look great in and out of water, but also consider FinFun Mermaid tails. They now have printed tails with scales that look great, and are less expensive than Mermaid Magcitail- which are about $153 + overseas shipping, while FinFun is $118 + shipping from within the US. Plus both tails are made with monofins that can be prone to breaking (polycarbinate made by the tailmakers rather than made by monofin companies), and if you have any issues, FinFun is within the US and you can get any customer service help (which I've heard is great) and/or replacement parts a lot easier and quicker. :)

Mermaid Kassandra
02-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Well if you would be interested at the Mer-tails company you can find fabric tails made of velvet and other kind of fabrics.

To have an idea you can look at the "Tail & Entertainment Pricing" section to see some examples and for more you can see the "our creations" album of photos.

Tasha Nicole
02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Thank ya'll!

Mermaid Kassandra
02-08-2015, 07:49 AM
You're welcome! :)

AniaR
02-08-2015, 10:35 AM
everything Iona Said :D