PDA

View Full Version : Scales..

Mermaid Saphira
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
For my next tail I am planning on painting some scales on it. I got inspiration for Taylor is a Mermaid, I want my scales similar to that but I can't figure out if her tail is dark fabric with light scales or dark scales with light fabric. Tried asking her but I didn't get a reply. I wanted to know before I went to the store for paint. Help? Thanx :)

NewYorkMermaid
11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
iposted on her facebook about your question, im sure she will see it soon :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanx Lanai :)
BTW haven't herd from u in a while! U doing good?

NewYorkMermaid
11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Your welcome
and yes doing okay, just been going crazy over here. christmas shopping is not fun especially when you have a mother who wants to look at everything. I hope your doing well

Mermaid Saphira
11-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I am thanx :)

And I am usually the 1 looking @ everything LOL

LindseyLu
11-28-2011, 10:01 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?577-Archive-quot-Scale-Painting-Video-and-Quick-Tail-Preview-quot

Here is a link to Courtney Mermaids tutorial on how to paint scales :) she was so awesome and sweet to post this!!! I'm thinking this will give you some ideas! I hope to be adding a tutorial soon as well!!! <3

Mermaid Saphira
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Thank you LindseyLu! So glad you urged me to try painting scales on my own :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
I am goin to wal-mart this weekend to pick up my paint and stuff
(If my swatches come in time! What's taking so long spandexworld?!)
Just wanted to know what you mers though about my sketch for my scales...

Taylor is a Mermaid
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm so very sorry! I have not been good about keeping up with things here because of silly work. To answer your question, it is dark fabric with white Scribbles fabric paint that I stippled on. I am so very honored that my tail inspired you. That means a lot to me. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Mermaid Saphira
11-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanx for your help Taylor! I'll be sure to post pictures soon! Getting my paint and fabric this weekend! :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
What colors do you mer think would go best with a royal blue colored tail?
Light blues and medium blues...light blues and sparkley white...or something else?
Here's the fabric: 1386
Hmmmm... maybe I should do a more turquoise tail :confused:
Turquoise Fabric: 1387
I suppose I will decide color and the paints whenever I should get when I get swatches..

Mermaid Saphira
02-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Just a quick question, could I maybe paint scales on a black colored fabric? Like this--> http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/7852

LindseyLu
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I didn't see your sketch until now and it looks great!!!! Those scales will look fabulous!

As for the material, black is a great color to paint on if you use heavy coats, which is not a good idea for spandex if you don't have experience... If I were u I'd stick with a turquoise spandex and buy a few different shades of blue paint. And of course silver, white, and any other accent colors u want on the tail :)

Mermaid Saphira
02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
^ I figured u would answer me XD
Thanx, I like the drawing 2
& the fabric isnt spandex is's neoprin
unless they r the same..idk LOl