PDA

View Full Version : Nymph/ Killer mermaid

Mermaid Momo
02-13-2015, 09:09 PM
If you all remember some time ago there was talk about a mermaid horror movie called Nymph. Well if you didn't know, Nymph is on Netflix as Killer Mermaid and I have to say the movie is a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
And they had a really cool mermaid concept.
That's the mermaid and there is a super cool ending (I really wish it would have continued but I guess it had to be)

ShyMer
02-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Oh hey, I wondered if it was worth watching. I seem to remember it had a pretty low rating, but maybe I'll watch it anyway.

Mermaid Momo
02-14-2015, 12:24 PM
The story/plot is okay, the CGI is horrible (as expected from a small time film though) the acting is so-so (lots of corny lines and stuff) I was confused for half of it because they don't actual explain anything about the mermaid until about the end of the movie.

Echidna
02-14-2015, 12:30 PM
The mermaid concept, her flukeshape and the entire story reminds me awfully of She Creature, just set in modern times and less well done.
I haven't seen it though.

Mermaid Harmony
02-14-2015, 02:03 PM
I watched part of it the other night, I couldn't finish. 1. I don't like horror scary stuff and I was in the house by myself and 2. It was a little much 3. Underwater shots like that when super creepy weird me out.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-15-2015, 08:52 PM
The only part of the mermaid is real, is the lady half, everything else is CGI. Even the swimming is not real, as in its not the lady swimming in front of a green screen. The plot is terrible. The ending is bleh.

SweeteSiren
02-21-2015, 01:54 PM
The movie was not fantastic, but oh, the scenery made up for it! Every time they showed an underwater shot with the rock formations, the swim-throughs and the clear-as-crystal water I found myself thinking: 'I'd brave a killer mermaid to get to swim there'.

MotorCityMerman
02-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Decided to watch this last night with my girl friend...yeah...wow...just...not good in any way shape or form. Hell, the mermaid doesn't even show up until about the 60 minute mark and for something called Killer Mermaid, the mermaid really doesn't do much killing.