PDA

View Full Version : Free Video Edititor??

Mermaid Saphira
11-28-2011, 06:36 PM
For a few years I have been working with jaycut.com but suddenly they are helping to make an AP or something and I no longer have video a editior :(
I was wondering if you guys knew of any good video editors that are free... PS: Please no downloads

Spindrift
11-28-2011, 07:07 PM
http://alternativeto.net/software/jaycut/?platform=online

Mermaid Saphira
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanx! The website is alittle confusing ^_^

AniaR
11-28-2011, 09:03 PM
you can download the windows movie maker, I get the fear of downloading but that one's pretty safe and may already be on your computer :p

Mermaid Shelly
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
you can download the windows movie maker, I get the fear of downloading but that one's pretty safe and may already be on your computer :p

I have this one too and it's pretty easy to use I think too :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't really care for windows movie maker... I prefer something with interesting stuff like jaycut that had something were you could "draw" on your video or you could record your voice....

Mermaid Jewel
11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I used WMM for about 2 years at home while using Final Cut Pro at my school (talk about torture) and I figured out little things that help with a lot of editing. Like you can record your voice (I don't recall what tab it's under but it says "Voiceover") but if you want to use a VO and music, put the VO first, export/publish it, then reimport it and add the music into the music track. It gets a tad complicated but it works :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh boy...I'm NOT the best when it comes to computers! GAA! I can't understand computer talk LOL! ^_^
I'll give the voiceover a try .......

malinghi
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I've never found a free video editor that was easy to use. I've used arvixe, although it has a really steep learning curve, and I've used WWM although it has very few features and is prone to crashing.

For all downloads I recommend going to downloads.cnet.com. They're reputable, and they guarantee all software linked to from their site is virus free.

Mermaid Saphira
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Sadly..no matter how sfae the download is My dad won't allow me to download ANYTHING! But thank you.. :(

Mermaid Saphira
11-30-2011, 05:44 PM
How great is this?!? Look @ the e-mail I just got from JayCut! The only good free and easy to use editor..gone :(
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
Dear JayCut Community Member,

As a registered member of JayCut's video editing service, we're writing to you to let you know about changes to our service.

While we continue to develop our video editing tools, after careful consideration we have decided to no longer offer the free video editing service. As a result, we will close down the JayCut community and the video editor after January 31st, 2012.

The service will remain fully functional until January 31st, but please be sure to download your project(s) before then. Information about how to download your projects can be found at http://jaycut.com/content/step-step-guide-0.

Thank you for using our video editor.

The JayCut Team
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

Capt Nemo
12-03-2011, 01:54 AM
I use Sony Vegas. It's expensive, but can do just about anything.

Mermaid Saphira
12-03-2011, 07:57 AM
^ yeah, i've looked into that one before...it's one of my favorites, but i found another one called video studio it's only $100 dollars and i've seen some pretty cool stuff done w/ it. anybody have it? is it a good editor?

Odette
12-25-2011, 05:43 PM
i want the normal windows movie maker like i used to have. i miss it so.