PDA

View Full Version : Milotic: Pokemon Inspired Silicone Tail for $600

Pages : [1] 2

Rogue Siren
02-15-2015, 02:34 PM
I need to make this happen! Tail and top for only $900.

Top will have a bra base.
Tail will have black powermesh on the inside for strength. Dragonskin silicone and Silc Pig and Pearl Ex Pigments. Either a Finis Shooter or Finis Trainer will be used depending on your preference. EDIT: A finis foil would actually be perfect for this tail. The scales will be large and geometric like the design, not the usual fish scales.

EDIT: THIS TAIL IS NOW $900. THANK YOU

AniaR
02-15-2015, 02:50 PM
POKEMON :D

PearlieMae
02-15-2015, 04:38 PM
you do realize that $600 is not going to cover the cost of your supplies, right?

Rogue Siren
02-15-2015, 04:57 PM
It does actually. Thanks though. :) I am able to get much of the materials for free or at a good discount.

This is a really good deal for the pokemon fan! <3 I really want to make this tail. Haha

Mermaidmechanic
02-15-2015, 11:31 PM
@_@ I'm such a huge pokemon fan... I could do this but because of the great Kanti incident, the tail would HAVE to be completed and shipped within 140 days of payment (a comfortable buffer zone in paypal's buyers protection program). I hate to sound mistrustful, but the last time I trusted someone on Mernetwork, I lost $1500.00.

Raayvhen
02-16-2015, 12:24 AM
I have a feeling about this. Its not a good feeling....

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 08:42 AM
I could definitely have it finished in that time frame, and would fully communicate with you through the whole process. I'm so sorry you lost all that money before. Dx

Shimmer Mermaid
02-16-2015, 10:37 AM
I trust her. I have her on fb, and have been CRAZY about it! I've seen her top she made for someone, and it looked crazy great. :)

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Im curious, how many fully functional silicone tails have you created yet? Do you have any photos of your previous work?

And this is why my prices are so low at the moment. Lol.

I have one tail nearly finished, just waiting on the monofin to arrive so I can finish it. I have a second that I'm starting sculpts on today, then a third I am working with Lotus Siren (she's making a neoprene tail in exchange for a reduced price). They really aren't hard, just expensive and time intensive. Then again, anything I've set my mind to has never been hard for me. XD I worked with a 3D art professor at the University of Alabama for a few years.

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Prices will jump once my first tail is completely finished. I have quite the amazing model! She just got the top and necklace I made for her. <3

Meronica
02-16-2015, 02:20 PM
I follow you on Facebook and adore that top! I hope this idea works out. (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreadful Mermaids
02-16-2015, 04:00 PM
That top is amazing. I cant wait to see what your completed tail will look like with the design you used for the top. Amazing!

Little_Orca
02-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Good luck. I cannot wait to see some poke-tails. XD <3

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank you! I've had someone contact me about a Gyrados tail and we discussed a payment plan. *fins crossed* I want to make this happen! <3 I have ideas for Avengers tails as well. Haha

Seraphina Suds
02-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Aww man D: if I had known you'd do the gyarados one, I would have made you an offer... oh well. I still want to make my own~

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Haha, just have to ask. ;) If you like how it turns out, I could make it for you as well. The person that is interested is on the west coast.

Shimmer Mermaid
02-16-2015, 08:15 PM
OMFG IDEA: red and blue gyrados tails.

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 08:29 PM
That'd be so great on the Finfolk twins. Lmao

I posted the Milotic idea on FB and someone mentioned Gyrados....I posted a design I had come up with awhile ago, and someone else said a certain tailmaker could make it as he did that lobster tail.... It might have set off that competitive spark in me. ;) Lol

Shimmer Mermaid
02-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Lol I saw the lobster comment! I swear if the twins wore them, I'd probably explode of sheer fangirling

Mermaid Wesley
02-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Oh gosh that comment was so funny i told my mom when i read it. XD

Mermaid Wesley
02-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah I can vouch for her too. We met at merfest and she's a doll :)

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh gosh that comment was so funny i told my mom when i read it. XD

The fact that my comment got likes and his didn't really made me smile. XD

Oh yeah I can vouch for her too. We met at merfest and she's a doll :)

And aw, thanks Wesley! <3

Seraphina Suds
02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
I posted the Milotic idea on FB and someone mentioned Gyrados....I posted a design I had come up with awhile ago, and someone else said a certain tailmaker could make it as he did that lobster tail.... It might have set off that competitive spark in me. ;) Lol

Oh, I think that was me that mentioned Gyarados! I saw that you were replying with someone on my comment, but I can't find your design. O: can you post it here too?

Little_Orca
02-16-2015, 09:26 PM
/thread hijack

I have always thought about making video game themed tails... I always thought that Elizabeth's sailor skirt from Bioshock InFINite (ha, mermaid pun) would be neat. Ooh, can you imagine a Little Sister tail?

/end hijack

:rollover:

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 09:26 PM
That was an old design, I was going to color it when I first drew it....but I was very angry with my sketch for not turning out like I wanted. Lol. I will be making new sketches in the next day or so and I'll post them here for you. :)

JamesGunnels
02-16-2015, 09:28 PM
you made the top? Damn. I envy your skills in silicone.

Rogue Siren
02-16-2015, 09:29 PM
/thread hijack

I have always thought about making video game themed tails... I always thought that Elizabeth's sailor skirt from Bioshock InFINite (ha, mermaid pun) would be neat. Ooh, can you imagine a Little Sister tail?

/end hijack

:rollover:

Once I really get going I want to make a bunch of geeky tails. And be like the go to for geeky tails. Lol I have some ideas I'm keeping a secret until I can make them. Haha. Daphne knows.... x3

you made the top? Damn. I envy your skills in silicone.

Thanks!

Mermaidmechanic
02-17-2015, 02:12 AM
I saw that top you made when you were posting progress photos which makes me excited to see what you would do with a milotic tail. XD

Rogue Siren
02-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Gyrados skectches! With two top choices. Could even make a Staryu top.

MermaidBrandie
02-17-2015, 02:59 PM
@_@ I'm such a huge pokemon fan... I could do this but because of the great Kanti incident, the tail would HAVE to be completed and shipped within 140 days of payment (a comfortable buffer zone in paypal's buyers protection program). I hate to sound mistrustful, but the last time I trusted someone on Mernetwork, I lost $1500.00.
I'm terribly curious.

Mermaid Lorelei
02-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Staryu top! I want to see that now.

Dancing Fish
02-17-2015, 03:15 PM
That top is gorgeous! And the Gyrados sketches need to become reality. SO COOL.

Rogue Siren
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Staryu top! I want to see that now.

Ooooh....or tentacruel! XD

Seraphina Suds
02-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Awesome sketches!! Ah Gyarados <3
Did the person you were in talks with about payment plans fall through, or are you opening up another spot for the tail? I just saw the ad on your Facebook.

Rogue Siren
02-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Awesome sketches!! Ah Gyarados <3
Did the person you were in talks with about payment plans fall through, or are you opening up another spot for the tail? I just saw the ad on your Facebook.

I'm opening up another slot. :) Gyrados will take more silicone, so has a $700 starting point.

MermaidCelesteFL
02-17-2015, 06:16 PM
WANT GYRADOS SO BAD. OMG.

Would you be willing to sketch out Vaporeon or Dewgong?

Rogue Siren
02-17-2015, 06:36 PM
These tails would be so perfect for boys (girls too, lol) b-day parties! The mermen aren't excluded from my offers of tailmaking btw. ;P Haha

Vaporeon was my next. Dewgong would be gorgeous as a fabric tail.

Mermaid Lorelei
02-17-2015, 06:42 PM
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/277/a/c/vaporeon_gijinka_design_by_rockbat-d5gsnvg.jpg

Vaporeon anyone? Found this on deviantart. It's by the artist rockbat.

MermaidCelesteFL
02-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Dewgong would be an amazing SELKIE tail. Fabric or neoprene, I would love to see it done.

Mermaidmechanic
02-18-2015, 02:14 AM
I'm terribly curious.

What are you curious to know? I could elaborate. There are a few other people here who lost money to her as well. It was a big thing.

OMG GYRADOS. I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! I love Gyrados more than Milotic but Milotic looks way awesome... ughhhh I have to make choices now???

Mermaid Coralia
02-18-2015, 08:07 AM
I'm so into the tail action here :) Someone buy a tail so we can get some pokemon tail action in here! lol

Raayvhen
02-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Since my initial reservations seem irrelevant, I might be willing to take this gamble. I'm curious if you could do any sketches for a Sylveon tail?

Rogue Siren
02-18-2015, 01:02 PM
OMG GYRADOS. I LOVE THEM BOTH!!! I love Gyrados more than Milotic but Milotic looks way awesome... ughhhh I have to make choices now???

Hahaha! XD Milotic would be a very nice, lighter, silicone tail for someone new to silicone tails. :) Gyrados will be much heavier, with fins that might make getting the tail on slightly more tricky. :)

Since my initial reservations seem irrelevant, I might be willing to take this gamble. I'm curious if you could do any sketches for a Sylveon tail?

I have previous orders I need to take care of, so I'm only offering Milotic or Gyrados at the moment. I can sketch up and offer Sylveon in the future though. ^_^

Moongazer
02-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Vaporeon is my baby! I'd love to see your take on a vaporeon design. since her tail is so simple/one color, what would you do to make it more appealing/eye catching?

MermaidCelesteFL
02-18-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm going to wait and see all of your other tail creations come out, and then order. I REALLY like your Gyrados tail, and would be more than willing to spend 700 on it, even more for your top as well.

WaterWitch
02-18-2015, 02:14 PM
I've always been partial to dragonair or goldeen. I think they would be a great pokemon reference, but subtle enough to work as great general tails.

If you have the time, I'd really like to see a goldeen tail concept sketch!

Mermaid Sirenia
02-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Gyrados skectches! With two top choices. Could even make a Staryu top.

MY FAVORITE POKEMON! If only I had the money right now!!!

SiaTheMermaid
02-20-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm a major pokemon fan, and these sketches are just amazing. I can't wait to see these come to life!

Rogue Siren
02-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Going to start sculpting Gyrados soon! So exciting. x3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhThAdl8iE

Cerulean
02-20-2015, 12:08 PM
I've always been partial to dragonair or goldeen. I think they would be a great pokemon reference, but subtle enough to work as great general tails.

If you have the time, I'd really like to see a goldeen tail concept sketch!

Yesyesyesyesyes! Ive always loved dragonair! Did you have the card of it gracefully poking its head out of arctic waters and observing the aurora borealis? Thats how I fell in love :swoon: Or I know it sounds strange but Id like to see a caterpie tail, I love caterpillars and have always had a special place in my heart for it.

Poke-tails..... if they become a thing someone needs to start a pokedex for all the pictures

Rogue Siren
02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Yesyesyesyesyes! Ive always loved dragonair! Did you have the card of it gracefully poking its head out of arctic waters and observing the aurora borealis? Thats how I fell in love :swoon: Or I know it sounds strange but Id like to see a caterpie tail, I love caterpillars and have always had a special place in my heart for it.

Poke-tails..... if they become a thing someone needs to start a pokedex for all the pictures

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. XD

Ashton
02-21-2015, 12:22 AM
This thread gets better and better as I read on. I love the idea of Pokemon tails!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
02-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Okay I seriously want a Milotic tail

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

Mermaid Luciana
02-23-2015, 08:14 PM
I think I saw this on facebook the other day on one of the pokemon groups I liked. I look forward to the finish product :)

Mermaidmechanic
02-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I can't wait to see the sculpts!!!!!! :D

Laureen French Mermaid
02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Very good ideas. I love Pokemon ^^
Personnaly i want create a tail inspired by Aquali ^^

Meemerdd
02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
The milotic sketch is so beautiful and totally tempting, but I've never owned a tail before and heard silicone is a bad place to start. Should probably wait on that.

WaterWitch
02-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Yesyesyesyesyes! Ive always loved dragonair! Did you have the card of it gracefully poking its head out of arctic waters and observing the aurora borealis? Thats how I fell in love http://mernetwork.com/index/images/smilies/emot-swoon.gif Or I know it sounds strange but Id like to see a caterpie tail, I love caterpillars and have always had a special place in my heart for it.

I don't think I had that card growing up, but I do remember dragonair being associated with the aurora borealis which made it seem like an extra-special pokemon to me. Same reason I liked dewgong too. Come to think of it, a dewgong tail would be really cool to see!

Yulia
02-25-2015, 06:37 PM
It's so pretty! :swoon:
http://www.pokezam.com/tcg/base2/22.jpg

Dreadful Mermaids
02-25-2015, 08:33 PM
It's so pretty! :swoon:
http://www.pokezam.com/tcg/base2/22.jpg
Yeeeesssssss [emoji38]

Meronica
02-26-2015, 12:15 AM
That was one of my favorite cards growing up. (: I still have binders full of all my Pokemon cards...my dad had some friends in Japan who would spoil me with Pokemerch so most are in Japanese...

Mermaidmechanic
02-26-2015, 01:36 AM
I have a HUGE pokemon card collection and im still collecting. @_@

maemermaid
02-26-2015, 09:54 AM
This idea melts my heart! So much want!

maemermaid
02-26-2015, 10:18 AM
I may or may not have stalked your facebook and your skills are insane. Im craving one of your pokemon tails in my life! My family has been quite willing to help me get into a silicone tail and I am curious about a couple of things: the gyrados tail seems like it may turn out a bit bulky, how would you be able to get around that without loosing the detail?
Email or facebook message me if you can!!

Rogue Siren
05-13-2015, 10:14 PM
So I kinda got busy with work and my other tail order and let this thread die....

But I still really want to bring Milotic to life! I am no longer working so now I can put all my energy into mermaiding and tails.

However I can no longer offer the low price I was... I'm offering Milotic for the still low price of $900. Check out my Facebook page or send me an email if interested!

RogueSirens@gmail.com

Please note that I will respond to any messages within a 24 hour period. And such communication will remain if you decide to purchase this custom tail. :)

This is another tail I created that cost the customer a total of $570 with shipping. It had a Triton Monofin, powermesh lining and Platinum Cure Dragonskin Silicone.

MermaidCelesteFL
05-14-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm in if you're going to do Gyrados.

Rogue Siren
05-14-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm really more inspired to create Milotic, as it's colorful and shiny and pretty and won't take as much silicone and supplies. Gyarados will take a lot more custom sculpts (meaning time) and require more Dragonskin (upping the price a bit). PM me Celeste. Mermaidmechanic was also interested in Gyarados at one time.

Rinoa Opaltide
05-14-2015, 05:41 PM
If I had the money I'd seriously consider the Milotic tail - the design is really pretty. Unfortunately I won't the money for several months... Good luck making it though!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
05-15-2015, 03:37 AM
If I had the money I'd seriously consider the Milotic tail - the design is really pretty. Unfortunately I won't the money for several months... Good luck making it though!
I'm in the same boat.

Silva
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Oshawott was always my favorite Pokemon, so cute! I would love an Oshawott tail, though it would probably be pretty simple.....*contemplates ideas*

Rogue Siren
05-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Oshawott was always my favorite Pokemon, so cute! I would love an Oshawott tail, though it would probably be pretty simple.....*contemplates ideas*

Oooh....an oshawott tail would be a cool fabric tail. Maybe some silicone. I've got some ideas for it. I'll sketch some things and let you know. ;)

Mermaid Neri Elvina
05-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Oshawott would be an interesting tail for sure!

Wandering_Nightwind
11-14-2015, 02:21 PM
After seeing this I would love to get a Kyogre tail.

RomanLaveau
11-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Definitely going to keep up with this thread, I just bought a silicone tail last month from Syren Studios, so it'll be a few more months until I can order another tail. Please let me know when you are accepting orders since me and my bf play Pokemon religiously, I definitely want to commission a Charizard X or Y tail with really cool dramatic side fins like wings, maybe a flame-like fluke. Eh idk, I'm not really artistically gifted to bring these ideas to life

Lotus the Mermaid
11-14-2015, 09:23 PM
I've been a diehard Pokmon fan since I was in second grade! You best believe I subscribed to this thread! If I can afford another tail in the future, I'd love a Pokmon tail for cosplay! :'D

RomanLaveau
11-14-2015, 09:34 PM
I've been a diehard Pokmon fan since I was in second grade! You best believe I subscribed to this thread! If I can afford another tail in the future, I'd love a Pokmon tail for cosplay! :'D
Seriously, we are going to be the best of friends, Syren studio tails and then Poktails! Like WHAAAAAAA

Lotus the Mermaid
11-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Seriously, we are going to be the best of friends, Syren studio tails and then Poktails! Like WHAAAAAAA

Right!?! I can't wait for SyrenCon!! XD

Wandering_Nightwind
11-14-2015, 10:49 PM
Pokemon is the best and Charizard tail would be awesome

MermaidRaegan
11-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Ugh, if I had the money I would snatch up the Milotic slot in a heart beat. I hope someone is willing to take a chance on you and this design. I know how annoying that creative itch can get when you have an idea, and I really want to see this tail come to life.

Rogue Siren
11-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Someone did take me up on the Milotic tail. :) It should be finished by the end of the month!

Mermaid Wesley
11-18-2015, 07:33 PM
*hyperventillating* i can't wait to see!

MermaidRaegan
11-18-2015, 11:56 PM
:yay:I can't wait to see pictures!

Rogue Siren
11-27-2015, 08:13 PM
New tail design based off Dragalge (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/691.shtml) that would be a lot of fun. The top designs would be based off of Dragalge's head piece. x3

Dragalge is like my favorite new pokemon. The way it uses its attacks to make homes for all the other water pokemon (from the XY anime). Its awesome.

SiaTheMermaid
11-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Thats sooo pretty 😀 I love these pokemon designs!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rogue Siren
11-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Thank you! <3

Mermaid Coralia
12-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Any pictures of your milotic tail yet? I'm so impatient. Haha

Rogue Siren
12-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Any pictures of your milotic tail yet? I'm so impatient. Haha

Not yet. The scales are pretty different, I have a vision for it, so its taking longer than expected. (Even though there are far fewer scales than my other tails. Lol

MermaidSabrina
12-15-2015, 09:16 PM
I swear I would sell everything I own for a Kyogre tail! I'd wear that all the time... <3

Rogue Siren
01-05-2016, 02:01 PM

So I was out of town for awhile and couldn't get the photo up (Mer-Mania was fantastic) but here it is!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-05-2016, 02:06 PM
*hyperventilating*

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk

MerEmma
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Wow, so unique! Seriously! I'd love to see it in the water--what monofin did you use?

Rogue Siren
01-05-2016, 02:26 PM
It has a Finis Trainer. :)

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-05-2016, 02:28 PM
This is neoprene right?

Mer-Crazy
01-05-2016, 03:18 PM
This is neoprene right?

I think it's just smooth silicone since the title does say silicone tail.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Ohhh yeahhhhh *facepalm*

Rogue Siren
01-05-2016, 08:34 PM

It's silicone. And not quite "smooth" silicone. It has a lot of great texture that I will get photos of and upload in the future. :)

Mermaid Wesley
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Oh it's so beautiful aaahh

Fun123joker
01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH OMG THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-06-2016, 05:17 AM
Okay are these available to buy cause I reaaaaaaly want one

Ashton
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Wow that is super different and cool!

MermaidRaegan
01-06-2016, 10:03 PM
So great! I hope you make more Pokemon tails in the future, you obviously have a knack for it

xaccer2
11-23-2023, 11:55 AM
*асс (http://audiobookkeeper.ru)

xaccer2
11-23-2023, 11:56 AM
147.3 (http://cottagenet.ru)

xaccer2
11-23-2023, 11:57 AM
Bett (http://eyesvision.ru)

xaccer2
11-23-2023, 11:59 AM
Bett (http://eyesvisions.com)