PDA

View Full Version : Casting Call! Need Mermaid/Merman Extras!

Lotus the Mermaid
02-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Hey, Texas mers!! Lunette, Eve, and I will be making a mermaid magical girl YouTube series (inspired by, but not based upon Sailor Moon), and we need mermaids and mermen to appear in the very first episode!

Your name and tailmaker will be featured in the credits of that episode! We may ask a few of you to wear sclera contact lenses, but only those of you who are medically able and willing to do so.

We want mers of ALL types, so if you have a tail, this casting call is for YOU!

Filming will hopefully begin anywhere between late 2015 and early 2016, but we need a headcount now of those willing to participate! Feel free to invite friends with tails to participate and spread the word! We'd like a good number of people because you'll be representing the underwater kingdom of mers!

Feel free to email me: covenantcovellc@gmail.com
Or message me on Facebook: Mermaid Lotus (https://www.Facebook.com/MermaidLotus?ref=ts&Fred=ts)

Thank you and I look forward to working with you!! :)

Seraphina Suds
02-26-2015, 04:23 PM
No where near Texas, but this sounds so amazing and fun! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Good luck with everything~

Mermaid Pickles
02-26-2015, 06:26 PM
OMGG. I have a tail! (no kidding, I mean it's in my avvie.) Would we have to go to you or video our own?

Lotus the Mermaid
02-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Thank you, Seraphina!!!

Mermaid Pickles, you can record your own audition if you like! You don't really need one to be an extra, though. Only if you would like to audition for a bigger role! For filming, everyone who volunteers to be an extra will be requested to meet us on location, definitely somewhere in Texas. Suggestions are welcome. Large pools, lakes, or any beach location is what we neef. Preferably, where the water is clear. If you want to suggest a location near you, you are more than welcome to do so. We are already prepared to travel for filming. Right now, everything is still a work in progress so we're trying to get a headcount to help us prepare and iron out the details.

Extras will basically be their normal beautiful merselves until the villain turns the city against itself. Then, you'll either act like an evil mer (chasing, growling, etc) or you'll be frightened and trying to get away. :)

Mermaid Pickles
02-26-2015, 07:40 PM
There's always Galveston, but there's a nice kinda brackish beach near where I live, and it's a lot cleaner. Given it's small, but there's no seaweed to get everywhere, and the beachy part is pebbles and not sand. Though for clear water, I'd probably say use a pool or maybe somewhere around Austin, since there are freshwater swimming holes around there.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
There's always Galveston, but there's a nice kinda brackish beach near where I live, and it's a lot cleaner. Given it's small, but there's no seaweed to get everywhere, and the beachy part is pebbles and not sand. Though for clear water, I'd probably say use a pool or maybe somewhere around Austin, since there are freshwater swimming holes around there.
We were actually planning Austin!! We've got access to a recording studio in Austin and a very sweet mer has offered her help to be a part of production there! :)

Mermaid Pickles
02-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Cool! That's awesome! Austin is great for environmental contrast! There are the dry rocky hiking trails and the lakes and the swimming holes, as well as the San Marcos River. I'd love to live out there, I just don't like big cities.

Mermaid Enora
02-27-2015, 12:01 AM
this sounds interesting

OceanWhisper
02-27-2015, 12:34 AM
This would be so much fun! But i'm in Australia.. :I

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 04:36 AM
Cool! That's awesome! Austin is great for environmental contrast! There are the dry rocky hiking trails and the lakes and the swimming holes, as well as the San Marcos River. I'd love to live out there, I just don't like big cities.

That us PERFECT!!! I'm in Arlington and know embarrassingly little about other Texas cities and the more I hear about Austin, the more I feel like God is telling us to shoot there!! Haha :)

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 04:37 AM
this sounds interesting

You're more than welcome to join in on the fun! No commitment necessary, but I'll send you details as they come! :)

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 04:39 AM
This would be so much fun! But i'm in Australia.. :I
Aww, sorry!! I sure wish we could film where you are, and I wish you could join us too!!
If you happen to find yourself in Texas, or if we win a trip to Australia, you have an open invitation to join!! :)

OceanWhisper
02-27-2015, 06:12 AM
haha I wish ^.^ thanks lol

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 06:43 AM
haha I wish ^.^ thanks lol
Anytime!! :D

Mermaid Pickles
02-27-2015, 06:56 AM
There are a lot of cedars and oaks in Austin, too! XD Tree-wise, there's not much more.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 07:12 AM
There are a lot of cedars and oaks in Austin, too! XD Tree-wise, there's not much more.

Omg, I'm so excited! We've got several forest scenes in the works and it's so tough to find big trees like that! :)

Sherielle
02-27-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm interested!

Gem Stone
02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
I'd like to be an extra. It sounds like fun. By then I'll have my silicone tail too. I know there's a spring somewhere in Texas but I can't think of where off the top of my head, I'll find it and get back to you on that. (PS, has ANYONE gone swimming in the pink lake in austrialia yet? I NEED PHOTOS)
I'll bug my mom for info about Austin. She goes up there for work every now and then.

Mermaid Enora
02-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Balmorhea would be fun but it's way out in no mans land

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm interested!
Awesome! Thank you!! You're officially on the list! :D

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 02:34 PM
I'd like to be an extra. It sounds like fun. By then I'll have my silicone tail too. I know there's a spring somewhere in Texas but I can't think of where off the top of my head, I'll find it and get back to you on that. (PS, has ANYONE gone swimming in the pink lake in austrialia yet? I NEED PHOTOS)
I'll bug my mom for info about Austin. She goes up there for work every now and then.
Nice!! You're on the list as well, thank you! That sounds super helpful, thank you!! :)

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Balmorhea would be fun but it's way out in no mans land

I've never even heard of it! Where is it?

frazzy626
02-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Sounds like fun.

Mermaid Enora
02-27-2015, 02:47 PM
It's out west past midland Odessa area. It's a natural sink hole that has fresh clear spring water in it. It's open for swimming I'm planning on taking my tail there this summer sometime. It's quite cold but so pretty!

Mermaid Enora
02-27-2015, 02:48 PM
My tail is also 5mm neoprene so hopefully I won't be too cold

Rebekah.fish
02-27-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm no where near Texas :( wish I could help! I'm a working model and have a tail!

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Frazzy, congratulations! You're our first merman to make it to the list! Haha :)

Mermaid Enora, that sounds beautiful! I'll add it to our list of potential settings!

Rebekah.fish, sorry to hear! I wish we had the budget to travel further!! If you happen to find yourself in Texas, your invitation will still be open to join us! :)

Mermaid Pickles
02-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Gemstone, kidnap meeeee~

ALso, Zilker Park in Austin out near Westlake has a nice trail and spots you can climb. There's a nice little mini-cliff that's really fun, but you have to have good balance...It's a lot of fun, just watch out for poison ivy. There are huge rock you can just. It's been my favorite park to go to since I was twelve.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 06:22 PM
That all sounds fantastic! I think Austin's officially our number one film location so far!! It sounds like it's diverse enough to offer us plenty of settings for various scenes!! :)

Mermaid Pickles
02-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Yep! My sister was yelling at me yesterday because we don't have the budget to drive up there, but if I carpooled with someone, or rode a bus, it might be easier.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Yep! My sister was yelling at me yesterday because we don't have the budget to drive up there, but if I carpooled with someone, or rode a bus, it might be easier.

If I may ask, how far away is it from you? I'll see if we can help out somehow!

Mermaid Pickles
02-27-2015, 08:47 PM
It's about a three hour drive from my side of Houston.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-27-2015, 09:31 PM
It's about a three hour drive from my side of Houston.

I'll message you and see if we can work out a way to get you there! :)

frazzy626
02-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Really! That's pretty cool,

By summer I should have a tail, practiced swimming and should be halfway decent, I am no model by a long shot, But I am working out to tone myself and get into better shape. But this sounds like fun it would all depend on when this actually takes place. I don't live in Texas but I could fly down for a weekend +/- depending on the time it would take.. I will have to make sure I have a really cool looking Silicone tail to swim around in..

Mermaid Pickles
02-28-2015, 02:02 AM
frazzy, mine is just neoprene, soo... And Lotus, WHOOOO~ Yay~

Lotus the Mermaid
02-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Frazzy, you have plenty of time! This scene will likely be filmed sometime late this year to early next year. The time is subject to change and you'll be on the list of people to be notified when the date is decided! So excited about this!!

Thank you again for signing up, guys! :)

Mermaid Meara
02-28-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm in! I have 2 tails ( 1 silver sequin and a purple and green neoprene one) and matching webbed gloves ( with claws) to match the purple one. I also have black sclera lenses, though they aren't perscription so someone will just have to make sure I don't swim into any walls. I also have several pairs of colored circle lenses (purple, green, blue, black, brown, orange, silver, and red)

Lotus the Mermaid
02-28-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm in! I have 2 tails ( 1 silver sequin and a purple and green neoprene one) and matching webbed gloves ( with claws) to match the purple one. I also have black sclera lenses, though they aren't perscription so someone will just have to make sure I don't swim into any walls. I also have several pairs of colored circle lenses (purple, green, blue, black, brown, orange, silver, and red)

That. Is. So. PERFECT! Don't worry about swimming into anything! The shots with the sclera lenses are going to be brief! Thank you for signing up to be a part of it and welcome to the team! :)

Mermaid Meara
02-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Awesome! Not completely sure if this is relavent but I also have fangs ( like vampire) and elf ears. I also have a large collection of makeup ( think 2 full suit cases) if you need any makeup done.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Awesome! Not completely sure if this is relavent but I also have fangs ( like vampire) and elf ears. I also have a large collection of makeup ( think 2 full suit cases) if you need any makeup done.

That sounds incredibly helpful!! Thank you!

Mermaid Pickles
02-28-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't have contacts, but the vast majority of my makeup is either really water-resistant, or waterproof, as in the stuff synchronized swimming teams use. The eyeliner is awesome, really hard to get off without remover once you put it on. It's what I use for cosplay.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-28-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't have contacts, but the vast majority of my makeup is either really water-resistant, or waterproof, as in the stuff synchronized swimming teams use. The eyeliner is awesome, really hard to get off without remover once you put it on. It's what I use for cosplay.
That's awesome!! You're welcome to bring your own makeup! As of right now, we have a makeup artist, but our number's grown so I dunno if he'll have enough for everyone. But I'm sure not all mers will want to have their makeup done anyway. It's whatever works best for you! :)

Mermaid Pickles
02-28-2015, 06:09 PM
XD Yay~

Gem Stone
02-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Pickles, I will totally swing by and get you. youre close enough to on the way. Plus, any person with a crochet squid is awesome enough for me to pick up.
And I am totally up for color contacts, or whatever lenses those things are called. Does anyone have yellow?

Mermaid Pickles
02-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Yes, Squiddy would like to come, too. XD He got ink on him when I moved in august, so now he kinda looks like a tie-dye squiddy. And thanks!

Lotus the Mermaid
02-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Wow! Already, we've got about 10+ mers and 30+ total production members! I can't believe how quickly it's growing! Thanks to all who've signed on to be a part of it! Please, feel free to invite more mers whom you think will be interested! :)

Mary Marine
02-28-2015, 10:06 PM
I am definitely interested, but hesitant to commit as I am currently working part time and need a better paying job before I can justify a trip to Austin. I have a fabric tail, but am planning a second one with a lake theme, which seems like it would work well with the locations you guys have in mind.

Mermaid Pickles
02-28-2015, 10:15 PM
I'll have to take off some of the sequins from my tail and take in the seams again. Ugh. But since I have a few sequins left, I can probably re-do the sequins I have to take off. XD

Mermaid Meara
02-28-2015, 11:35 PM
You can get some at pinkyparadise.com uniquso.com or maplelens.com. They are cheap, come in prescription if needed. I've used all of these sites for my lenses.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 01:59 AM
Pickles, I will totally swing by and get you. youre close enough to on the way. Plus, any person with a crochet squid is awesome enough for me to pick up.
And I am totally up for color contacts, or whatever lenses those things are called. Does anyone have yellow?

Thank you so much for volunteering to pick up Mermaid Pickles! As for the lenses, we're hoping more for black sclera lenses if that's okay! There's no pressure for you to buy them, though! That's really sweet if you want to. I hope you don't mind that color for the scene! If so, you don't have to be an evil mer necessarily if you don't feel comfortable with them! Sorry to be picky, it's because of the way our villain manipulates people. I don't want to spoil anything, but you can message me if interested! ;)

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 02:03 AM
I am definitely interested, but hesitant to commit as I am currently working part time and need a better paying job before I can justify a trip to Austin. I have a fabric tail, but am planning a second one with a lake theme, which seems like it would work well with the locations you guys have in mind.

No commitment necessary! I can just put you on the list so you can be notified of the date of filming when that's decided! I understand how jobs are! :)

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 02:06 AM
You can get some at pinkyparadise.com uniquso.com or maplelens.com. They are cheap, come in prescription if needed. I've used all of these sites for my lenses.

Awesome! Thank you!! Sclera lenses are pretty expensive so it's definitely worth it to have some options! :)

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 02:10 AM
For anyone who is interested in buying their own lenses, here's the type we're looking for!
Black Sclera Lenses from Pinky Paradise (http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Princess-Pinky-Black-Sclera-p/f23-sclera006.htm)
Black Sclera Lenses from Uniqso (http://www.uniqso.com/phantasee-black-sclera-lens-sabretooth)
Black Sclera Lenses from BuyingForBeauty (http://www.buyingforbeauty.com/sclera-contacts/all-black-sclera-contact-lens-pair)
Black Sclera Lenses from Sclera-Lenses (http://www.sclera-lenses.com/product/sclera/black-sclera-contact-lenses-_1pair_/7[/url)

Remember they have to be black and 22mm around for this scene! :)

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 04:51 AM
If I wore the lenses, I'd probably never hear the end of it from my sister...she'd probably start calling me a demon fish. XD
She's a rabid Supernatural fangirl.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 05:25 AM
If I wore the lenses, I'd probably never hear the end of it from my sister...she'd probably start calling me a demon fish. XD
She's a rabid Supernatural fangirl.
Haha! I understand you wanting to avoid that. You can be one of the mers swimming away from them if you prefer. ;B

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Eh, it's fine either way. I've just never swum with contacts, how does that work? Do they stay in well?

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Eh, it's fine either way. I've just never swum with contacts, how does that work? Do they stay in well?
I've seen them mentioned in other threads. They seem to stay in, but anytime you wear sclera lenses, you have to take them out after a couple of hours to give your eyes a break. They can be uncomfortable if you're not used to them because they're so huge. :)

Kishiko
03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Just curious, do the evil mers have to buy their own lenses? Looking at them they're really expensive and I'm worried that you aren't going to have anyone want to drop $75 on lenses they'll probably wear once. (Unless they already have then totally disregard this lol)

Sent from my shellphone using Mertalk

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Just curious, do the evil mers have to buy their own lenses? Looking at them they're really expensive and I'm worried that you aren't going to have anyone want to drop $75 on lenses they'll probably wear once. (Unless they already have then totally disregard this lol)

Sent from my shellphone using Mertalk

Not at all! Someone said they were planning to buy theirs in an earlier post so I posted the links, but no one will be required to purchase anything. :)

frazzy626
03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Oh wow, those are really cool Especially the solid black ones, so I assume the Mermaids or my case Mermen are going to have a more evil appearance to the overall look?

When that time comes and my schedule looks good, I will have to snag a pair to get used to them before arriving.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Oh wow, those are really cool Especially the solid black ones, so I assume the Mermaids or my case Mermen are going to have a more evil appearance to the overall look?

When that time comes and my schedule looks good, I will have to snag a pair to get used to them before arriving.
Yeah, but only after the villain turns them vicious! Haha It should be fun! That's a good idea and I recommend it if it's in your budget. We'll try to provide as many pairs as we can. :)

Gem Stone
03-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I think it might be hard to make my new tail look vicious. It's kind of a cheery tail. How do you make yellow look evil and scary?

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I think it might be hard to make my new tail look vicious. It's kind of a cheery tail. How do you make yellow look evil and scary?
Haha Don't even worry about that! Cheery tails are welcome! We mostly just need the eyes to change. :)

frazzy626
03-01-2015, 01:41 PM
I assume there will be some evil face body painting or modification involved also?

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
I assume there will be some evil face body painting or modification involved also?

Probably a little, definitely we're gonna try to get claws and fangs for everyone.

frazzy626
03-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Sounds even better!! Horror Mermaids and Mermen!! Sounds like a blast.

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Just a notice, I can't do fangs because I have to wear a retainer at all times because I have tooth that I've never had....soooo...I come with my own claws, though. I'll grow my nails out just for this and file them to points or almost-points, if you like!

Mermaid Enora
03-01-2015, 06:29 PM
hey pickles, your inbox is full.

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 06:52 PM
IS it? OopS!

Fixed

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
You guys are so sweet! Just remember, you're going to start out looking like your usual mersona and then, will be transformed into the evil versions of your merselves by our villain!

Pickles, that's fine! Fangs are just a nice bonus! And don't worry about growing out your nails! That's so sweet, but we'll get you some prosthetic claws for that part of the scene!! :)

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Okiedokie!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 09:36 PM
You guys are awesome! I didn't expect so many of you and such a positive feedback! Thank you!! <3

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 09:38 PM
You're welcome! I mean, I've always wanted to do something like this, but was never able to before!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-01-2015, 10:54 PM
You're welcome! I mean, I've always wanted to do something like this, but was never able to before!

Haha Me, too! I've always loved shows like Sailor Moon and writing fantasy stories, and always wanted to act and have fun on camera, especially if it's in a silly adorable Magical Girl style show like this one. But it wasn't until recently that all of the elements just kind of presented themselves at the same time and I was all like, "Why not!? Let's do this!" Haha I can't wait to work with you! You seem really cool! Everyone here does! :)

Mermaid Pickles
03-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Ihave a few wigs if someone wants to borrow one! Please no swimming in them, they're wavy/curly, and a pain to brush out. XD I have a short one, though, and if someone wants to, they can use that on for swimming in. It is green, and has scales/sequins sewn into a part of it that match the ones on my tail.

Mary Marine
03-01-2015, 11:45 PM
I first watched Sailor Moon at just the right age for it to forever impact my imagination. I don't think I'm ever NOT going to want to be Sailor Jupiter, you know? When Sailor Moon Crystal came out I binge watched all the episodes with the friend I've known since 1st grade. In fact, we became friends because I had Sailor Moon folders and she had a Sailor Moon lunch box. :sweat drop:

So yeah, magical girl mermaid series? Sign me up!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Mermaid Pickles: That sounds fantastic! And really pretty! I can't wait to see them in person! I'm totally amazed at how generous you are! Seriously, you're incredibly helpful and sweet! :D

Mary Marine: Yes!! Same here! I watched it every afternoon and the "Sailor Moon Says" segment at the end always impacted me as a girl! I'm definitely going to do something similar if possible at the end of each episode. I think it's a great way to encourage and inspire young ladies! (And some young men, too)! It definitely did that for me!! :)

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 12:23 AM
The thing is, when Lotus keeps mentioning the mers going evil, it makes me think of Madoka Magica, y'know? And I guess I'll have to get more wig caps, haha!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 12:39 AM
The thing is, when Lotus keeps mentioning the mers going evil, it makes me think of Madoka Magica, y'know? And I guess I'll have to get more wig caps, haha!
Haha I think I've heard of it, but I've never seen it. I'll have to look into it! It'll only be like that for one scene, though. It would be really tough to do that throughout the series. There aren't enough mers around my area, sadly! Haha Awesome!!! :D <3

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 12:41 AM
It's a magical girl anime that gets...quite..disturbing​ at points....kinda creepy too. But not in a bad way.....

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 12:50 AM
It's a magical girl anime that gets...quite..disturbing​ at points....kinda creepy too. But not in a bad way.....
I'm always looking for good animes!! I love anime, but I'm ridiculously picky about them for some reason. It's really hard to find really good ones that don't feel like they're dragging in places. :/

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 12:52 AM
I'm the same way.

Mermaid Meara
03-02-2015, 12:56 AM
I have a purple black wig and a seaweed green wig we can use. And dreadlocks ( the set is a mix of blonde, dirty blonde, brown, and black) if anyone is willing to sit for and let me braid them in...

These are the fangs I have. Relatively cheap and can be fitted to teeth in 30 minutes.
http://www.vampfangs.com/vampire-fangs-by-scarecrow/

btw I have a merling who is taking lessons from me right now that may want to join in. She's only 14 though. With parental permission, would y'all be cool with her joining? She already has a tail.

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 12:58 AM
I have a messy pinkie pie colored wig...a purple-black one, two black ones, a dark red one, the green short one...and I think that's all.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 01:12 AM
Mermaid Meara: I can personally vouch for those fangs as well! I LOVE them and they're the best ones at a great price! Thanks for the link!! Any merling with permission is completely welcome! It'll be a great experience for her and having mers of varying ages will make the scene more believable, as well! Thank you for asking! If her parents need to speak with me for more info, please let me know! :)

Pickles: Those all sounds great! (Pinkie Pie is probably my favorite pony, btw).

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 01:16 AM
Pinkie is best pony.

Gem Stone
03-02-2015, 02:42 PM
NO! RAINBOW DASH IS THE BEST!

anyway, how many mers are gonna be evil/not evil? Is there a specific ratio you want? more evil? Less evil?

jvry8c
03-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Sounds cool. Wish I could contribute but live to far away.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 03:29 PM
NO! RAINBOW DASH IS THE BEST!

anyway, how many mers are gonna be evil/not evil? Is there a specific ratio you want? more evil? Less evil?
We're going to start the scene with shots of you swimming from above around the city before the villain shows up. Then, we'll have about half of you turn evil. We'll get a shot of just the evil mers trying to break into the "palace" (which will be added later in editing if all goes according to plan, otherwise we'll make a prop wall for it), then finally we'll get a shot of the evil and normal mers running around and finally, just the evil mers will remain because the rest will have disappeared. :)

Lotus the Mermaid
03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Sounds cool. Wish I could contribute but live to far away.

That's okay! If you find yourself in Texas, you're definitely invited! :)

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Rainbow needs to be 20% cooler to be best pony.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Update!

So I'm going to attempt to finish writing the majority of the episodes and then, start a Kickstarter to get extra funds for a really nice camera and sound equipment! As soon as I've created it, I'll post it here so you guys can share it, too! So excited to get to work with all of you! :)

SiaTheMermaid
03-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I really wish I could be a part of this, it sounds awesome! Too bad that I'm from Scotland :( oh well, I look forward to watching it when it is produced :)

Lotus the Mermaid
03-06-2015, 02:44 PM
I really wish I could be a part of this, it sounds awesome! Too bad that I'm from Scotland :( oh well, I look forward to watching it when it is produced :)

I wish you could, too!! I bet Scotland would be perfect for filming a mer series, though! :D

SiaTheMermaid
03-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Scotland would be rather good, it's full of beautiful scenery. Plus, the people here are generally so pale that we can pull off the evil mer stereotype rather easily :p Just a shame it's so cold!

Lotus the Mermaid
03-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Scotland would be rather good, it's full of beautiful scenery. Plus, the people here are generally so pale that we can pull off the evil mer stereotype rather easily :p Just a shame it's so cold!

Haha Good point! I'm pretty pale myself. The struggle to tan is so real. If we ever end up in Scotland, you'll be the first to know! In the meantime, you can DEFINITELY help us out if you want by sharing our fundraiser whenever I get it up and running! I would be forever in your debt! Haha :)

Mermaid Enora
03-06-2015, 04:21 PM
If you really need a super pale mermaid I can volunteer my arms. Lol
They're albino from my finger tips to my elbows. :)

Kishiko
03-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Is it going to be a one time shoot or returning scenes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Pickles
03-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Enora, I know how that is.....but it's usually my legs that are chalk white.
XD

Kishiko
03-06-2015, 04:30 PM
PALE MERMAIDS UNITE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PearlieMae
03-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Sounds like this is going to be one epic project! :yay: :cheerleader: :yay:

Mermaid Pickles
03-06-2015, 04:50 PM
OMG we got a Pearlie response~

PearlieMae
03-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Cut it out! You're making me blush!

Mermaid Pickles
03-06-2015, 05:07 PM
But you're awesome! AND you have a purple cicada tail...that YOU made.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Sounds like this is going to be one epic project! :yay: :cheerleader: :yay:

Thank you so much, Pearlie!! You're DEFINITELY welcome to join in the fun if you ever find yourself in Texas! Haha ;D <3

Lotus the Mermaid
03-06-2015, 05:30 PM
OMG we got a Pearlie response~

That was my feeling exactly, Pickles! xD <3

Mermaid Pickles
03-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Heehee~

MerShellly
03-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Idk if you've done any research on Austin since you've planned on filming there, but you should definitely film in the Hamilton pool. I've never been there, bit it looks beautiful! Also, the Barton Springs pool is really nice. I've been there. The water is always cold though, even on hot days. It's difficult to explain without showing a picture, but there's a shallow place on the other side of this "damn" that I guess separates Barton Springs from the rest of the river? I remember sitting in that shallow, rocky area next to this tree that had white petals coming off of its branches and they "rained" into the water below- it was so beautiful! There are also flat rocks here and there jutting up in the water. Plus I think you can see big buildings around you to give a city-like environment. (Sorry that my information is so vague; I went over a year ago and I'm not a very observant person in general lol).
I'd love to do something like that only I don't have a tail and I'd have to get permission from my parents and I wouldn't have a clue of how that would go down. :P

SweeteSiren
03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
The issue with Hamilton is that there is a cap on the number of people let in, making it hard to plan large events like this. All you can do is get there & hope you're among the lucky few. That was why we scrubbed it from the pod meet-up last summer.

MerShellly
03-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Hm :/ had no idea. I can see that rule put into place tho

Merman Delphis
03-12-2015, 12:36 AM
I'm so excited to be a part of this!! This will be my first professional job!!:D

Lotus the Mermaid
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Mermaid Shelly: AHHH!!! That's like something out of a dream! If we can't film this particular scene there, we'll probably end up coming back to it in the future so I definitely appreciate your suggestion! I HAVE to go there in person now!!!

SweeteSiren: Thanks for the info! Do you know if there's a number to call to reserve the pool? I knowit's a stretch, but we can at least see if there's a time slot during the day during which it'd likely be empty.

Merman Delphis: Awesome!!! And we're extremely happy to have you aboard! :)

MerShellly
03-12-2015, 02:27 PM
I went to Barton springs on a Friday in April n the early afternoon and there were people, especially parents with tiny children and a couple old men in mankinis....you've been warned :p but dogs r allowed! Or at least where I was. In the Barton creek pool itself, the fee to go in is 2 dollars for the day.

Lotus the Mermaid
03-12-2015, 03:19 PM
I went to Barton springs on a Friday in April n the early afternoon and there were people, especially parents with tiny children and a couple old men in mankinis....you've been warned :p but dogs r allowed! Or at least where I was. In the Barton creek pool itself, the fee to go in is 2 dollars for the day.

That is so helpful! Thank you SO much! The more locations we have to choose from, the better. We'll take a road trip and scope these out asap to pick the perfect spot!!!

MerShellly
03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
That is so helpful! Thank you SO much! The more locations we have to choose from, the better. We'll take a road trip and scope these out asap to pick the perfect spot!!!
You're welcome! IDK how I remember EXACTLY when I went but I do. I'm good at remembering dates and numbers.

SweeteSiren
03-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Lotus, use this link for info: https://parks.traviscountytx.gov/find-a-park/hamilton-pool

The Parks site is awesome, because you can search for parks based on the activity you want (i.e."swimming"). For a more comprehensive list, go to https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/parks/things-to-do/swimming-in-state-parks-1

Good luck on your project! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Mermaid Pickles
03-14-2015, 11:27 PM
Oooh, I got my license this week for driving! But driving to Austin makes me sleepy, so I'l still want to carpool. But OMG. Yes. Yes. But Barton Springs has issues with us fish-people it seems. They would let me use my tail the times I've been there.

MerShellly
03-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Aww. I didn't think of that, although that's not surprising. They do have a ton of rules, and life guards watch like vultures over dead animals. Where I went didn't have life gaurds though and there was a dam separating us from the pool. We didn't pay admission, so it must've been right next to it.

Mermaid Pickles
03-15-2015, 12:32 AM
Well if you're talking about the area outside the actual pool it might be alright...

siren_selene
05-01-2015, 01:26 AM
If this happenes in early 2016 I would love to join

Lotus the Mermaid
06-21-2015, 03:19 AM
If this happenes in early 2016 I would love to join

It will happen in the spring/early summer of 2016!!! You're welcome to join! :D

Speaking of which, UPDATE!!!

We're going to have our camcorder ready by then for sure! I'm going to have it by Christmas thanks to my very sweet and supportive parents offering to get it for me then! So I'm incredibly excited that we don't have to rely on a fundraiser as of yet. We will still be shooting on location in Austin, TX for the underwater shots and we're going to try to get as many scenes done as possible. The castle will likely just be added via CGI later when I get a subscription to Maya or some other program for a bit. It would honestly be a thousand times easier than trying to lug pieces of scenery to and from Austin and have to fish them out of a swimming hole. (It also eliminates the possibility of accidental littering)! We're going to be as eco-friendly as humanly possible during the entirety of this project, fyi. Try to make sure that whatever you're wearing to the shoot is secure enough that you won't lose it! :)

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for everyone who's signed on! If that changes, no pressure! This is a fun project for us mers to take part in together! <3

Lotus the Mermaid
07-07-2015, 03:32 AM
Latest update, here! I created a Facebook Group for the project so if anyone wants to join it to stay more immediately in the loop, it's much easier to post updates to Facebook than MN!

Here's the link: SWT - Filming Starts Summer 2016! (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1640138512896455/)

It's set to Closed, so you can request to join and I'll add you! Thanks, everybody! :D

Mermaid Lizzie
07-14-2015, 11:12 PM
I would love to do it only problem is I live in Kentucky and haven't gotten a tail yet. I am hoping to get mine as soon as I get enough funds to do so. Hope it goes well!

Lotus the Mermaid
07-14-2015, 11:14 PM
I would love to do it only problem is I live in Kentucky and haven't gotten a tail yet. I am hoping to get mine as soon as I get enough funds to do so. Hope it goes well!

Aww, that's okay! I hope you get your tail soon! If you find yourself in Texas around film time, you're welcome to hop in the scene! Thank you!!! :D

Mermaid Lizzie
07-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Omg that would be so cool! I might somehow find a way to ge there!

Lotus the Mermaid
07-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah!! Go for it!! :yay:

Mermaid Pickles
07-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Whoops shame on me i should have gotten on here long ago. But whoohoo! This sounds amazing! If i still have a place to live by then I'll definitely be up for doing this!

MermaidSaph
07-21-2015, 08:46 PM
I will most likely have a tail by then, but it would be hard to get permission from my parents. Being 13 sucks at points...

Lotus the Mermaid
07-22-2015, 12:16 AM
Mermaid Pickles, I appreciate you letting me know!! You're always welcome to come!

MermaidAnna, you're also welcome to join if you can get permission! If your mother needs to talk to me or gather any additional information, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige. :)

MermaidKinsie
09-13-2015, 07:34 PM
This sounds really neat; any restrictions on what type of tail? I'm not the richest mermaid so I'm getting a Fin Fun tail. Also I am in the Austin area so it sounds like I could help out!

Lotus the Mermaid
09-15-2015, 06:24 AM
This sounds really neat; any restrictions on what type of tail? I'm not the richest mermaid so I'm getting a Fin Fun tail. Also I am in the Austin area so it sounds like I could help out!

That's fantastic! We don't have any restrictions on tail types; all mers are welcome! Thank you so much!

Just so everyone knows, I have the first several episodes written, and will definitely have a camera with which to film the series by the end of this year! I'll keep updating everyone as often as possible!! :)

Keiris
09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
This seems like it would be so much fun to be a part of!

Lotus the Mermaid
09-17-2015, 01:02 AM
This seems like it would be so much fun to be a part of!
That's the goal!! I wish you could join us, Keiris!!!

Lotus the Mermaid
04-17-2016, 04:35 AM
Update!!!

We've nearly finished writing the first season and we have at least 30-40 more actors and actresses signed on for filming! We also have several potential costumers and even one or two armorers! It's amazing how quickly it's all coming together!

***We will be filming promos this summer and stock footage to use for our Prologue episode - both of which will take place at the Lone Star Mer Meet in Austin this July 15th-17th! If you can be there, that would be perfect! We will still require mers for future scenes, however!

Here is the link to the event! It is free to attend, but info on room costs are included in the description if you need a room!

https://www.facebook.com/events/259856914358030/

Please, message me if you are interested in joining! We will work with your schedule and will be setting aside part of the budget for actors who show up! We are always looking for more mers, so please feel free to sign up if you can! After the promos and crowd funding this year, we hope to begin filming next year and will be continuously casting for extras! Faeries, mers, Elves, etc. are especially needed!

Thank you all so much!

Mermaid Pickles
04-17-2016, 09:31 PM
I just may happen to be able to get there! I also have a more LOTR-ish elf getup so- if you want a white-haired elf, I'm up for it! I'll also have a new tail skin by then, so woohoo!

Amapele
04-20-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm just now seeing this! Are you still looking for Mermaids?

Lotus the Mermaid
04-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes!!

Here's some more info for you guys. Please, feel free to share with friends and family on social media! :)

We aim to begin filming next year after crowd funding at least the first season. Primarily, our shoots will take place throughout the DFW and Austin areas.

Auditions are not necessary for those looking solely to be extras or behind the scenes crew members, but resumes and headshots are highly appreciated. No experience necessary.

For larger roles, message me that you are interested in a role with lines and more screen time. We will contact you closer to filming to request auditions and hold interviews. Resumes are appreciated, but not required.

There will be a cut in the budget set aside for actors who show up to shoots that will vary depending on screen time and number of lines spoken.

We still need more costumers and SFX artists. The majority of our budget will be dedicated to these fields. We have already contacted the incredible Organic Armor and hope to soon have the honor of working with them for a great deal of the main armor for the series. We also have a chainmail worker and a few armored individuals and at least one or two SFX artists on call.

Our director, James Blanco will be meeting with us for filming and we are always looking for additional camera men on call as backups - specifically around the DFW area. Photographers are welcome to take set photos and share in the fun.

Plot Summary:
Three young women discover that they are the lost descendants of a dying race of mer-people. Thrust into another world whose inhabitants are slowly being overwhelmed by a mysterious force, they must learn to hone their new abilities and work together to defeat a looming threat.

My contact info:
Ashley Rodriguez
inspirosinc@gmail.com

Merperson Danny
07-17-2016, 04:39 PM
Looking forward to this SO much! Can't even wait to see the promos ^_^

TheSaltySiren
07-17-2016, 10:21 PM
I totally love Sailor Moon so I cannot wait to se how this turns out. To bad I am in Canada or I would totally audition!

GatorPie
03-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Oooh hello Lotus! Any updates on your production? :D